Morningside Place Memory Care - Overland Park, KS

• 24 hour care
  • Incidental Transportation
  • Secure Memory Unit

Everything is Working Great For My Mother in This Community

My mother is doing very well since her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in great hands. The staff at this facility is great. They are very compassionate, and have been very friendly whenever I visit. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. Everything is always neat, and tidy. They provide good meals, and have plenty of activities available for the residents. All is well for my mother in this community, and I would recommend it to friends.

Best Place For Parents

Moving my parents from Iowa to be closer to a family was a BIG challenge. Morningside Place made it easier for my sister and me. So impressed with the staff, especially [Removed], that I canceled appointments at other facilities.

Its a nice place for my mom

My mom is very happy at Morningside Place, it clean and the staff are very nice and accommodating.
They do offer activities for the residences to take part in should they want too.
I feel comfortable with my mom being at Morningside Place.

They Were Unable To Provide Care

I thought my dad was accepted and able to move into this community. A representative offered us place that was not confirmed with the administration and they did not approve the move. We did not move in but had to start the search again.

Care

This community is nice. The staff are nice and they are always willing to make things better if there are issues. The community.is clean and maintained. The activities are good for her and she really likes music. I like being able to take my mom outdoors. I would recommend this community for a good value and care of a love one. Sometimes they seem alittle short staffed, but they are improving that.

Everyone is friendly, comforting, and very patient with my dad.

Loving Home for my Dad

I cannot say enough about the kindness and loving care of the administration and everyday staff of this "home" for my Dad. I've toured and looked at a number of places, and its not good out there! Morningside is 200% better, and they actually care for my Dad. Enough said.

Can't beat the care!!

The Morningside Place is holding a place for us, my mother will be back but right now she is in a nursing home. She has requested to go back to this community once she is better because she was pleased with the care she received here. The food at this place is good. The staff here really take very good care of everyone. We definitely recommend this place.

Excited with what we are seeing with Anthem Memory Care

Although the community has new carpet, flooring, painting, being completed they somehow manage to keep everything running at the same beat, the community is clean and life is really running so smoothly it is easy to forget about all the work currently being completed.

Wonderful Experience For Us at This Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother since her move to this community. I am pleased with her move here. I know she is safe and in a good place. It is a good community, and they do a good job with keeping the facility nice and tidy. It is a community I would recommend. It has worked out well for us, and my mother is well.

Meals are Lousy!!

The meals need a lot of improvement. There is no thought put in them and they serve rice way too often. Some of the patients are constantly going in and out of other residents rooms that they are not supposed to be in causing a lot of theft. My Mother does enjoy the activities but that's about it.

A Place For My Loved One!!

Morningside Place has been providing great care for my husband. His meals have great portions to them and also the presentation is good. The staff is very caring and helpful. One thing i wish could change is if the staff can please make sure that before my loved ones medicine runs out to notify me. He has been without medicine at times because i am not notified with time that he ran out of it. Everything else is great and the community is highly recommended.

Caring4family01259

Compassionate and caring while honoring our preferences!

Its Been Good

This community is nice compared to where my aunt was at before she seems to be adjusting well. Things are going so far well we have only had a issue with the fact the she has fallen a few times and we expressed our concerns with the staff and they are taking care of things. She is more interactive here and there are more people here for her to talk to and interact with. It is a nice looking place and well kept. She goes down and plays bingo ever now and then so that is really nice for her. It has been a good experience so far and we have had no huge problems here.

great overall, adjusting well

It was great that we were able to get my father in law in quickly. There was a little confusion in the process where it seemed the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing, which created a few issues that are still ongoing. Nothing major, just a few small bookkeeping things. Everyone there has been very friendly and very nice though, and he is adjusting very well.

Their nurse to resident ratio was really good

We toured here when we were looking. We didn't care for this place as much, they didn't have any rehab, and had a urine smell. Their sales staff was also super aggressive. Their nurse to resident ratio was really good though, they had one licensed registered nurse per five residents.

really good, welcoming, and warm

Cypress Springs Alzheimer's & Memory Support are really good, welcoming, and warm. The staff have really been good about including her in any activities. I would actually like to see them get a few more activities, especially in the evenings after dinner.

feels like a hospital

One thing I don't like about Cypress Springs Alzheimer's and Memory Support is the set up. The place where the staff sits makes it feel like a hospital. He never referred to the last facility he was at as a hospital but he does this one. I know it bothers dad. It's a little too medicinal feeling there. Dad has dementia but it seems to me that his level isn't that high especially compared to the residents around him. So I would like to see if there is a level in between that he could be in so he is not as much surrounded by people with worse dementia than him. I am not concerned at all about the care he is receiving there. Just some of the things I mentioned I would like to see changed.

Great place

very satisfied with care, staff, and life there.

It was clean, and I liked the set up.

It was nice, and I really loved the people there. It was clean, and I liked the set up. I didn't really have any complaints, It may not have been the right fit for my mom, but I really liked the place. My loved one didn't really do any activities so I can't comment on those.

Quality of Care - very good
Atmosphere - family
Cleanliness - good
Pricing - fixed with colorful furnished rooms
Community fee - yes

Experiencing a Cypress Springs environment.

This is a caring community where the staff truly care about each resident. All of the staff work together to make the Cypress Springs community a safe environment with interactive activities to stimulate the brain .
The staff encourage residents frequently through out the day. They have a positive upbeat attitude and make it a pleasant and non-stressful environment for residents to meet and create new friendships.

My view of Cypress Springs

The main thing that I like about Cypress is that it is small and the appearance of the facility is bright and the colors provide a calming effect in the environment.

I was told that every employee goes through an 8 hr intensive training for working with Alzheimer's residence only to find out later that was not true. Along with that many of the workers from the med nurses on down do not know strategies with working with Alzheimer's.

During my mother's initial 2-wk respite their were activities everyday, but since she has become a resident there is no consistency with activities. Since she has been there they have had two outings and I have yet to see any games or activities done during the day.

I find that important things that I communicate with some employees does not get relayed to the appropriate individuals are the ball gets dropped somewhere.

I met with the DON and recorded our conversation regarding my concerns to learn later that she had resigned and also the Administrator of the facility is no longer there.

I am very hopeful that things will turn around because of the convenience getting to the facility, the size and the decor of the facility are all a plus.

Do Not Place Your Loved One Here!!!!

Would not recommend this place to anyone! Patient care is not a top priority. It is kept clean, but having clean floors does not matter when the staff neglect your loved ones. The receptionist (Becky) is very rude and does not make you feel welcome. I have personally heard the way some staff speak to the residents and it was disgusting. There are many other choices, do not settle for this place.

Very Pleased!

Nothing is perfect, but they are wonderful! We are very pleased with the food selection! They've started something new where they serve one feautured item a day, but then they have extras, such as grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, cheeseburgers, etc. so if you don't want the main entree, you can order what you like! We checked a lot of places, and we felt the most comfortable here! We felt this place was cleaner and more friendly, and really the best choice for my loved one!

Cypress Springs not for me!

Cypress Springs Alzheimer's and Memory Care is not for the very severe cases of Alzheimer's. the facility is beautiful and new but no experience iin handling Alzheimer's patients with aggression or if they cannot be easily redirected. I would recommend it for mild Alzheimer's but not the later stages. My husband was in there only 3 days before they called 911 because they were not equipped to handle him. While he was in the psych hospital for 17 days -- they still had the nerve to ask for the full months charges. Then they want me to pay $20 per hour extra to hire a 1 on 1 CNA for him. I have appt with different nursing home tomorrow with Emeritus. If I like them, I'm moving him out of Cypress tomorrow. ONLY recommend Cypress Springs if your loved one has very mild dementia.

Beautiful place, well kept ...

Beautiful place, well kept and nice people, am considering this place for my wife

Cypress Springs

We did have a chance to tour the Cypress Springs although it was the most less expensive community we went to we felt it was not the best fit for my family. The community seem to have a less than 50% occupancy rate.

I really like the furnishings and cle...

I really like the furnishings and cleanliness. They have lots of activities during the day to keep the residents busy and active. During the summer months they hane a van to take them on outings such as the Ice cream store and my mom truly enjoys that. The staff is friendly and caring to their residents. When I express a concern they act on it immediately. All in all it is a great place for my mom with dementia.

Great care, and an exceptional staff

We are very pleased with the service here. We looked at quite a few options in the area, and we were impressed by this place. It was the best one that we saw overall, and was also priced much better than many options we look at. It's a very nice looking facility, and the staff are exceptional.

Good Daycare

They do a good job with the care. I like the fact that they offer daycare, and the cost is within reason for daycare.

Some staffing issues, but they are improving

The facility itself is nice, it's always well kept. It's a smaller community and it is only one level, so I feel like there is less chance of Dad getting confused or lost. I also like how it is only one level of care, with a set cost. The initial price was higher than I might have paid elsewhere, but it will not change based on care needs. The issues I've run into have been with some of the staff, when it comes to basic communication and care. When I'd ask questions about my Dad's care or I'd often get the response "I don't know, I'm new." However, they recently got a new director for the facility and I feel like things are improving under her watch.
Overall this place has been good, and I feel like all of my issues with the staffing will be resolved before too long.

Uncomfortable Situation

I was choosing between this one and two others. The lady here was so nice. She had the dog that came in. I ended up not choosing because there was an uncomfortable situation; a lady was wanting to go home and I wasn't happy with the way that the help dealt with that. It seemed like that was indicative with what else would happen there. I just took my sister to double check with me because I wanted her opinion, and she thought the same thing. They were much more affordable; they could do it for $4500 fixed rate. That was the top fixed rate at the time and they wouldn't have charged any more, but I didn't think that they had enough help to really do the things that they said that they could do. It was like they were still developing.

A Great Home for Mom

We found this home to be delightful, and every contact we have had since the first tour has met or exceeded our expectations. These people seem to genuinely care for the residents--more like it's not just their job, but something that they truly enjoy.

Brand New Facility with Great People Working There

My father was here and we really liked the place. It was very nice, it was clean, of course, it's brand new - that really helped. The staff was great. We really liked everybody that we dealt with there. I think the only issue that we had is that they were a little short on help on the weekends and possibly in the evenings. I mean, he was never neglected and I'm sure that they're staff will grow as their number of residents grow. So other than that, we really liked the place and I would recommend it and I have recommended it to many people I've talked with.

Very Impressed

We really liked it. He wasn't there very long before he passed away. They were easy to work with and we were very impressed with it. I think that they took good care of him. It had a very nice layout. I liked the secured entrance, more than secure front door. It was more like hallways that branched off from a central area than smaller neighborhoods. Overall, it was a good experience.

We have found this home to be uniquel...

We have found this home to be uniquely adapted to those with memory problems. The caregivers are kind, non-confrontational, and helpful. The surroundings are spanking clean and bright, the meals are well done, and every effort is made to assure the residents that they are loved and cared for.

Brand New

We will keep them in our back pocket. If there is a time where mom should progress so that she cannot stay where she is I think Cypress would be the next stop. It's brand new and I think it had maybe 20 residents. They're aiming for something like 60 I think. It's brand new and everything is sparkly!