Creekside Inn Memory Care Community- Coeur d'Alene, ID

Although Creekside was a nice facility, it felt overly clinical and the residents were not as high functioning as our mom. It was not a good fit for our family. The monthly cost was also a factor, it was very expensive for the lower level of care our mom required.

Thankful for Creekside

My Dad has been at Creekside for 14 months. I am so thankful for the staff. It takes a special person to do for others what a loved one can no longer do for themselves. I have learned so much as Dad progresses through Alzheimers. It is a difficult process. Whenever I have had questions about any phase or struggle that dad may be having, the director and the staff have always given me the time I need to process. They have listen to me cry, answered my same questions over and over. Always patient. Always working with me as dad's situation has changed. I live 100 miles away and can't be at Creekside as often as I would like to. I know my dad is being well cared for. His room never smells, he is clean and well fed. There is no place like home, but when a loved one can no longer be home, Creekside is a lovely place.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. We will pass your kind words to our staff and happy to read that our teams are available for both your dad’s care and for the loved ones. Our teams are patient and knowledgeable, and we couldn’t ask for more from a caring group of staff members. Creekside is a lovely place. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

Like family

My mom has been a reisident since fall of 2014 and the staff at Creekside has been amazing! It has been difficult at times but staff has been like family in their care, love and support in our journey with Alzheimer's/dementia.

Koelsch Senior Communities

The Johnson Kids, thank you for writing a review of Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. We will send your kind compliments to our amazing teams. Each family’s journey is different and comes with its challenges. We are blessed that you have chosen us to care for your mom. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

Consider Creekside first!

My husband has been at Creekside Inn for almost a year. I must say the staff are always friendly, cheerful and willing to address any questions. The facility is beautiful and generally clean. The rooms are large and clean with nice windows for light. I have lunch there at times and the food is always delicious, good variety and large portions. If something is not liked, I've seen staff fix what the resident requests. Creekside is a large facility so there's lots of area to walk around or sit comfortably when out of the room. One the nicest features is the outdoor atrium area. Weather permitting the doors are open and residents can go outside for fresh air at any time. I haven't seen this in any other facility. It's also a great place to sit with a loved one and visit. Creekside has lots of activities out there in the summer from BBQ's, to ice cream socials for residents and families. The staff try really hard but with so many residents in a large facility it's not easy to manage them 100% of the time. My husband has had several altercations with other residents but nothing the staff cannot defuse quickly. I always get a pleasant phone call for anything that happens involving my husband. The only cons I might mention is a lot of staff turn-over recently, so I miss those who have left and was so good with my husband. Also, the inability of staff to keep the residents personal belongings in the right room. My husband has never been able to keep a pair of glasses there but staff will search for his things anytime I ask. I do recommend Creekside Inn because no place is perfect but Creekside at least tries!

Koelsch Senior Communities

Carol, thank you for taking the time write this thoughtful review of Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. Our dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and happy to read that the staff is available to help at a moment’s notice. The community is beautiful, and the atrium is one of our favorite places as well. I am glad that you and your husband can enjoy it. We are proud of our staff, and while we sometimes hate to see them go, we know it’s for the best in their career pursuits. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

Creekside

I would simply like to share my experience these past number of years while my mother has been at Creekside. Starting with the Director of the facility to the entire staff of nurses and care givers they have all been wonderful, caring, loving, patient and kind individuals. We could have not have gone through these past years without the support they not only provided my mother but to us as her family. They encourage all family members that want to be involved to do so, they welcome us all to come and enjoy time at their facility with our loved ones. They provide activities that are truly loved by the residents and family members alike. Some of my most fondest memories of my mother was the joy I saw while we sang and danced among many other things they do there. Way too many things to list. I can say – 100% - Everything they do, everyday, every second is because they truly love our loved ones that happen to be stricken with this terrible disease called Dementia. I can only suggest that you take the opportunities when possible to educate yourself about this disease, spend as much time as you can with your loved ones so while you are there you can begin to build the respect you should have for those that make taking care of our oved ones throughout their remaining years their priority which is what I’ve seen and felt these past years while my mother has been at Creekside. Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts. I’m just so thankful to all of you at Creekside for making such a positive difference for my mother during her last years. Much admiration and love to all of you at Creekside. [Removed]

Koelsch Senior Communities

Karen, thank you for sharing your thoughts of Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. We will forward your kind compliments to our teams. We couldn’t agree more that our staff is dedicated to the care and support of each resident, and blessed to read that your mother has been surrounded by loving and caring individuals. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

Well run facility where they understand dimentia patients and REALLY care.

Thank you, Creekside Inn staff! We have been very blessed by the way you all have cared for our mother. Even from the first interview, we knew this was a quality care facility that REALLY did care. Although dementia-care people can be very difficult at times, the staff are gifted at and well trained in how to nurture and love the residents. Another thing we want to commend Creekside staff on is their cleanliness. Creekside doesn't have that bad smell that is so prevalent in many other nursing homes; and it is decorated elegantly, which our mother loves. We did have a little trouble with communication for awhile, but much of that was due to a problem that has been successfully corrected. And we thought the cost was high until we looked around at other places that don't even keep their facility as clean and nice as Creekside. We'd like to thank [removed],who pours her heart and soul into providing good care and keeping everything running smoothly, and to all the staff who follow her example. Keep it up you guys! We rest in knowing our mom is getting such good care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Gresham and Wendy, thank you for writing this for Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. We are happy to read that from our first impression our dedication to the care of our residents was a top priority. I will pass along your compliments to our teams and happy to read that our community is elegantly decorated. I am sorry to read that our communication was lacking for a period, and that feedback is helpful for our staff. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

I like Creekside.

I like Creekside Inn. I believe my "STAR" rating is fair and accurate and has taken into consideration the depth and breadth of my mother's experience there.
The staff there is friendly, competent and responsive. The residence is clean and tidy, but not immaculate. The floors, window and walls are always clean and all the facilities fixtures and displays are in good repair. I believe the best description is that it looks lived in, which to some may not be a complement. So let me explain. When I go there and observe staff walking the halls and interacting with residents, helping them, redirecting them from a dangerous activity or consoling them in a time of crisis, I do not care if, perhaps, there is some dust on some of the displays or a picture is crooked or if there is someone's slipper sitting in an odd place.
I am grateful, instead, for the many times that I walk into the residence and have found a caretaker checking my mother's blood pressure or asking her why she was not at breakfast or asking her if she needs anything or they greet me by name in foyer and tell that mother is not feeling well today. That I care about and appreciate.
The staff at Creekside assisted my mother and our family during a time of crisis with compassionate counsel and immediate response to our inquiries requests. And they make my mother's issues disappear with minimal follow through on my part. For that and many things I will be forever grateful.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing an honest and heartfelt review of Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. Wayward slippers are a concern, but the love and support for each resident are our top priorities. We are glad to read that our attention to the details of each resident’s needs shines through. We will pass along your thoughtful compliments to our teams and pleased to know that during a time of crisis the team was responsive and compassionate. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Erica our Executive Director.

NOT ACCEPTABLE

I cannot believe how dirty this place is!!!!!
The staff seem to care, but they are overworked and under pressure to care for TOO many patients! My friend of 45 years has been there for several years and its gotten worse in the last two years. The food is gross and makes her sick, but all they do is give her Imodium to stop her diarrhea, and never clean her dirty diapers. She is getting bed sores, but they do NOTHING about it.
The senior staff ignore all requests for assistance in remedying these issues. I don"t understand why they are still in business. I have reported them to the state.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Bernadette, thank you for leaving a review for Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. Our dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and we are sorry to hear that your concerns as a family member were disregarded. We agree this is unacceptable and I hope you were able to speak directly with our Executive Director.

I agree with the other reviews of this place.A lot is promised that is false.This is a response of a CNA that I talked to last week.I said, I need to leave a message for the nurse about my mother.her response was, " ya, you should talk to her because what you said I will forget completely about before I get to the door.When you do talk to someone in charge, they are passive and un -caring with little respect to the family members. The filth is so bad, that they really need some out side help from a Health inspector to give them guidelines so they Don't get shut down. Merca is rampant because of it. They will deny deny and tell you that we all have Merca in our bodies and its no big deal.Even after you bring a filthy situation to their attention,nobody does a thing to clean up what you have reported. I am afraid for the clients here.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for leaving a review for Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. Our dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and we are sorry to hear that your concerns as a family member were disregarded. I hope you were able to speak directly with our Executive Director for any future assistance.

Costly and too much like a nursing home !!

I thought this community was very costly for what they had to offer. I also felt like this facility was more of a nursing home and hospital then an assisted living. The property was beautiful and well maintained it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review for Creekside Inn Memory Care Community. We are so glad you were able to tour because we know how hard it can be choosing a place for your mom. We take great pride in our team and the exceptional care that they provide for our residents. Both pricing and providing great customer service are important to us. Please know that we will continue to stay competitive, as well as providing great amenities to our residents and their family members. We wish you the best of luck finding a great community for your mom.

Questionable Care

This community promised things to us that they did not follow through with. I was not comfortable with the type of care my parents was receiving. We had many concerns regarding the cleanliness of the facility. There were many times my parents room was not clean. The staff was friendly, but I do not think they were very good at their job. We found other accommodations for my parents. I would not feel comfortable recommending this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear your parents stay with us at Creekside Inn Memory Care Community was not a perfect situation and that you were unsatisfied. Dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and we hope you were able to discuss with the Director of Resident Services and the Executive Director both you and your parents desired level of comfort. Our friendly and professional staff ensures a high level of compassion and dignity to every family situation, and we understand that both your mom and dad were doing quite well in the community and thriving. We wish you the best of luck and care on your family's journey.

having a hard time getting adjusted

Mom is having a hard time getting adjusted at Creekside Inn Alzheimer's Community. I've talked to my mom many times and my brother is close by. The place is clean. They are relatively efficient about taking care of her needs. There are a couple of things that are making me look elsewhere. They didn't emphasize enough how much we need to label things. The first night she was there she had all of her things that I packed to make her comfortable and be able to take care of herself taken. I've been her primary care giver for years and know what she needs. Just about everything I packed for her that she needs was taken. Things like toothpicks, band aids, toothpaste, glasses, toothbrush, etc. I am having to send her care packages to the caregivers because I had flowers sent and they ended up in the wrong room. It was a very difficult transition for her and it's been 6 weeks and she still hasn't gotten adjusted. I just don't think she gets the customized care that they advertise. Also her room is far away from the front desk which is the only place she has a phone. She is cared for but minimally. She's just not happy. They don't call and give me updates ever.

there is gold at the end of the rainbow

When I was looking for a place for my mom in Washington state the prices where way to high, and there was no way me or mom put together could pay for it, so I started searching for other options, maybe a different state might work, and it did! I found in Coeur D' Alene ID, the Creekside Inn, My mom has dementia, and I needed a safe place for mom and this place was my choice, It was a very good choice, the price was perfect, the building is in one of the most perfect places for her there, and it is in one of the most perfect place to live in, excellent service, excellent staff and excellent prices, way lower than Washington State, plus the activities are excellent too.. Im very pleased to have my mom there.

Exclusively memory care

Creekside is a wonderful place for my husband. The staff is kind, caring and very considerate of my concerns for my husband's needs. They quickly respond to my questions and act upon any irregularity that occurs. They occasionally have dips in care-giving staff, which is probably fairly common because their pay is low but the administration and nursing staff is top notch. They stay in touch with me about my husband's needs and work with the VA doctors who are my husband's primary physician network. I'm thankful I can call or visit anytime of the day or night and bring anything to my husband that would better meet his needs. The cost is high for this type of care but Creekside's rates start lower than many other facilities and it's exclusively memory care, which was important to me.

Very nice facility. 24 hour nursing coverage. Good feedback from friends and providers in my area. Not good fit for Mom as we are looking for a more quiet environment.

After losing my husband's meds four t...

After losing my husband's meds four times and getting nowhere with the director, I had to pay out of pocket to replace the meds ($800 plus) , I pulled him out of creekside immediately! When I approached the director for the final time regarding the "missing" meds, she said, "we'll, I can't imagine where they are." I asked her what the locked med cart was for and her reply was, " we'll, everyone puts them in different places."

Koelsch Senior Communities

Although we have no records for missing medication complaints, we at Creekside take this very seriously. Medications are indeed securely stored and only administered by nurses. In the case of missing medications, we make sure the resident is cared for first, maintain diligent records and make sure that the Executive Director is aware and able to handle the situation promptly, according to state regulations. That said, since your review, we have a hired a new administrative team that is outstanding and continues to incorporate excellence of care as they serve residents and families. We encourage all of our residents or family members to come to us quickly when they feel that care is compromised in any way so that we can remedy the situation promptly.

New building. Has openings. Full bath...

New building. Has openings. Full baths in rooms. No outings.

Creekside Inn a Koelsch Senior Community, is exclusively designed and meticulously planned for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementias. Selecting a home for your loved one with memory loss is one of the most important decisions you and your family will ever make. Creekside Inn offers a helping hand when they need one, while supporting independence in a nurturing environment.

At Creekside Inn we form a supportive partnership with each family to provide the level of care, compassion, and attention your loved one deserves. To facilitate this, we look for guidance from family members regarding your loved one’s needs and preferences.

Our 24 hour on-site Licensed Nurses provide nursing services whether it’s in the middle of the night or on weekends. While some communities utilize CNA’s or train-on-the-job med-techs, we have Licensed Nurses providing medication and treatment management. They’re on-site 24 hours a day to make key decisions in emergency situations and recognize changes in a resident’s condition.

Our Respite (short stay) or Care by the Hour Programs allow family caregivers time away for personal appointments or vacations. Respite Care may also be helpful for medication management, temporary supportive care, and to introduce the services and amenities offered at Creekside Inn.

Koelsch Senior Communities has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy, “Treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need”.