Covington Manor Nursing Center - Fort Wayne, IN

Covington Manor Nursing Center - Fort Wayne, IN has yet not published prices.

Don't! Just don't!!!!!

I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident

My mother started in the rehab section. Very good rehab, then moved to long term. Started out good. After a year and three different Administrators, four different Director of Nursing it went way down hill. Understaffed, filthy, mistreatment from nurses and aides. No wound care. They don't follow doctors orders. Nurses do not wear gloves. Nurses do not wear gloves changing bandages on residents with MRSA, or residents with Cdiff. Never heard of Cdiff until my mother was diagnosed with it after having symptoms long before being tested at Covington Manor. My mother also got MRSA at Covington Manor. Nurse Practioner, Director of Nursing felt there was no "medical" reason to send my mother to hospital. After weeks of complaining of symptoms and arguing with staff. My mother died at the hospital at 76 years old. She was in the hospital for 33 days and hospice for almost 2 days. My heart is broken. I literally went to see my mother everyday at the nursing home, I can't imagine the residents that have no family.

Covington Manor provides quality health-care services for anyone needing rehabilitation services and for people in need of around the clock assistance. We have a highly trained, experienced, compassionate staff – some have worked at Covington Manor for more than 20 years. Covington Manor offers a diverse, extensive activity program including entertainment, intergenerational programs with several local schools, exercise and educational programs, and religious services seven days
a week. The Activity staff is assisted by a number of caring volunteers who freely give of their time to enhance the quality of our residents’ lives by baking cookies, giving manicures, playing games and visiting with residents.

We focus on increasing the independence of our residents. We are proud that many of our rehabilitation patients are able to safely return to their homes. The rehabilitation programs available include: physical, occupational and speech therapy along with specialized programs such as wound care, cardio-pulmonary therapy, pain management and urinary incontinence treatment. An individualized care plan is developed for each resident when they are admitted and monitored regularly. Loved ones are welcome to be as involved with the resident’s care and therapy as they would like. Covington Manor continues to be the rehabilitation center of choice in the Fort Wayne area.