Country Squire - Saint Joseph, MO

I have no complaints with this place

I’m very happy with this place and the care they provide. The flu has been going around and once a few residents got it, the facility shut down the dining area and started serving the food to the residents’ rooms to keep from everyone congregating and getting sick. I think that was a good decision on their part. There were a few times where I wasn’t able to get in touch with my Mom and the director, [Removed], personally went to her room to check on her. To me, that says a lot. Everybody works together to make sure everything runs efficiently. Every member of staff, from the housekeepers to the director, is very involved. They aren’t just hired help, they’re like family. Part of the rent the residents pay includes a bus that will take everyone into town for shopping or to doctors’ appointments. It really helps everyone continue to feel independent. Housekeeping comes by and does a light cleaning once a week and a heavier cleaning every 2 weeks, including removing and washing the linens and sheets and then placing them back on the bed. The facility does some really great things for new residents as well. They’ll assign 2 people (typically a husband and wife) to the new resident that act as ambassadors. And for the first month, anyone in the family can eat with the resident for free, and then the rest of the time it’s $6. They really encourage family members to come and have a meal with their loved ones so they can feel comfortable about them being there. The dining area looks like a restaurant, not like a nursing home, and they serve the food like a restaurant as well, with a wait staff and everything. If the staff doesn’t know the answer to something, they’ll find out for you instead of just passing you around. Anything I’ve asked, they’ve jumped right on it. To live here, the residents have to be pretty independent and are responsible for remembering to take their medications (I set up a system of alarms on my Mom’s phone so she wouldn’t forget). The rent also includes emergency buttons that contact members of staff (if an ambulance isn’t needed), which saves on medical bills. They’re very accommodating and I highly recommend them.

waiting list!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of great information about everything they had to offer. The only problem was that they had a waiting list and no vacancy available for her.

So far, so good!

The first 3 to 4 weeks were tough but I had so much going on at the time that I was moving in. Now I am getting settled in and I think it has been a good fit overall. I have housekeeping once a week for my apartment. They serve 3 meals a day and they provide plenty of food. The only problem is that I am diabetic, and the waitresses don't seem to care much.

This Is A Lovely Community

This community is so lovely to see. The staff were so friendly and showed me all there was to see in their community. I did see activities happening that my mom did like. The only reason we did not choose this community is because off the high risers, my mom did not like this part. Otherwise the tour was amazing and it looks like a nice community to live in.

Wish we had moved here sooner!!

Moved my parents in a few weeks ago. Huge change in lifestyle from a 3 story 110 year old home to a 1000 sf apartment, as one can imagine. The managers are beyond helpful and patient with our multitude of questions, requests, etc.
They have 24 hr assistance available, which, fortunately, we have yet to use, but it is reassuring to all that they are here!

The Ambassadors are very helpful in the transition to their new apartment setting, introducing them around and making them feel welcome at meals. They have been suggesting activities for them, and really making them feel at home!

My parents are very pleased with everything; their bright, sunny apartment, the staff, their neighbors, the clean apartment complex, and mostly THE FOOD! The restaurant style meals take up a lot of their days, but it is fantastic! Both of my parents have added a few pounds enjoying the great food and remarkable desserts!

This was a great move, I only wish we had done it sooner!!

Country Squire welcome

The people at Country Squire have done every thing possible to make my move here so easy and comfortable. I've felt like I am welcomed home!

Property Needs Updating

They try to get him involved in activities and the care is good. They do need to update the property, cosmetically.

I am very happy with them.

I'm doing a whole lot better than I was health wise. They are feeding me a lot better than I was feeding myself. The facility is above satisfactory and the staff is above wonderful. There is plenty of entertainment, if I choose to join in. My only complaint is that when they make an announcement over the PA I can hear the chime clearly but I can't hear the announcement unless I jump up and run to the door. I think they are doing a great job though, I am very happy with them.

At Country Squire retirement community, you’ll receive the royal treatment. We’re located in a quiet corner of St. Joseph, a community that recalls the small-town friendliness of past generations. And if you feel like venturing out, we’re close to shopping, casinos and many different outdoor attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind