Corby Place Senior Living - Saint Joseph, MO

A Family Atmosphere

I have been living here for several months. I was impressed with the staff from the top down to those who work so hard to make sure everyone feels a part of "the family". Many varied activities are provided on a daily basis. I look forward to seeing and talking with other residents. Apartments vary in size and with all of your home furnishing make you feel as if this is the place made for you. I highly recommend Corby Place to those who would like to make the transition.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the staff at this community or the way they presented there information to my loved one and I during our visit. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. They had a nice open floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

I have been a part of the Corby Place Senior Living family for over 14 years. In that time I have found true caring and concern as well as first rate care given by all staff members. It pays to actually go to the community and speak with the residents that live there. They are honest and forth coming about their home here. People are willing to go above and beyond and I have never witnessed any kind of neglect. I highly recommend you take the time to visit and see for yourself.

Loving life at Corby Place Senior Living!

i have lived here for almost five years and It's a great place! They took away all my worries.
The food is awesome, restaurant style with daily specials and a large menu selection.
The care staff from Royal Comfort Care Services are always helpful and friendly even though I don't need them right now I know that when I do they will be right there for me.
We go all over for great activities and eating out with the new bus. And the folks in wheelchairs love the power lift and easy tie-downs making it a fast and easy process.

Great place to work! Great place to Live!

As the newest member of Corby Place Senior Living, I have to say that this place is one in a million
The small staff know and love their residents and will do anything to make their life happier.
I have worked in long term care for over 35 years and the term family is thrown around a lot but here it is lived.
Care Services are now provided by Royal Comfort Care lead by Vickie [last name removed] and her team of amazing women and men to assure that your needs are met in your home with the assurance that help is simply a push button away answered 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
The food is more than amazing and the activities are a wide array to meet the needs of each and every individual. Monthly meetings with residents assure input in what their day looks like and what things they would like to try or experience.

If you want quality care DON'T GO HERE!

I must say, I am really not too pleased with this place. I have had an all around negative experience with this "facility", and I would advise you to search elsewhere if you are seeking an assisted living home for a relative. First, most of the staff here does not care about their residents. They aren't really treated like "People", and I feel like the staff members don't treat them with the same respect that they would a younger or more capable person. I have seen Residents walking around who are soiled with urine, and no one helps them because it's a nuisance. The kitchen staff is very friendly, but that's about it. The rest of the staff is stand offish and lazy. If you confront them about a problem, they say it's "Not their responsibility" and they can't do anything about it. My family member is getting SICKER since she's been here because nobody has been taking care of her, or watching her. I was disgusting to find upon my visit, that she was out of her medicine and did not have any insulin, and had not been taking any for WEEKS. Why are we paying money for services which aren't properly performed or fulfilled? If you want someone to actually watch out for your loved one, you have to pay for a "higher" level of care, otherwise they are pretty much just left to themselves. I also feel like the staff doesn't really respect the family members of their Residents, and doesn't value the need for Residents to be able to be in contact with their family members and have visits. When I was unable to contact my family member for a prolonged period of time, I worriedly called the Facility, and they were absolutely zero help. They said they can't give out any information, and can't do anything for me. I don't live in the city, so it's not like I can just show up!! Overall, throughout the past SIX YEARS, I have become increasingly disgusted with this place. Please don't send your loved one here. They will NOT be taken care of!!

Theresa Rohrer

While this post is very old and no staff member here can recall a resident in this situation, I am very sorry for your disappointment. My name is Theresa Rohrer and I am the new Community Relations Director here and I would love to have an opportunity to discuss your issues or to introduce you to the new members of Royal Comfort Care Services who began providing services here on March 1 of this year.
In the three months I have worked here I have been very impressed with the family caring atmosphere here. Please give me a call 816-646-8050or stop in to take a tour with me so that we might address any problems.

We think they are great.

We think they are great. They have just been sold, so we'll see how it goes. The staff is excellent and the manager is excellent. Chris Burris runs that place and she is amazing. The people are happy there. The food has been great, and they are adding fresh vegetables and fish. They do need to work on the security and updating the building. But we like it and we even had a friend tell us about this place, and it was a much better value. We also really liked the Art Nouveau style building.

I found Corby Place very clean and h...

I found Corby Place very clean and had a good lunch. Everone very frindly. Some place I will concider in the futer.

Corby Place Senior Living is a 14 story historical building with 77 apartments. All apartments have a full kitchen with dishwasher, stove and refrigerator, large closets and self-regulating thermostats. There are seven different one and two bedroom floor plans in addition to two spacious two bedroom, one and half bath penthouses. Elegant lobby, parlor and dining room offer opportunities for social engagement. At Corby Place Senior Living, you'll benefit from a selection of services and amenities that will help make your life more comfortable, carefree and secure.