Bristol Manor of Cameron - Cameron, MO

Transportation service to go to church

While touring properties with my mother, I am mostly considering this location to move her. The lady that runs it was very friendly, she took the time to answer our questions, and she really connected with my mom very well. She was willing to sit down with us and show my mother around the facility. It is a smaller facility which my mother liked. My mother is from a small town so it made her feel comfortable and it made her feel like she would get individual attention. The rooms that we saw were nice not too small that have their own private bathrooms and showers. They would have 12 rooms in one hall, 6 on one side and 6 on the other. Then they would have the central kitchen and dining area. We didn’t get a chance to eat the food but we noticed that they posted on a whiteboard what’s on the menu that day. It sounded good and it seems that they do that daily. We were also very impressed on their cleanliness. Everything looked new, from their kitchen to the private rooms. I wasn’t sure how often they do the laundry or take out the trash, but I didn’t see any trash bags overflowing or anything so it was a good sign. I would recommend this place to others. They also have some fun activities like BBQs in the summer and they play bingo with the residents. Since they don’t have on site church service the staff has worked with nearby churches who offer transportation for the residents who want to enjoy church. I thought that this was attractive because it would get the residents out and about.

We are very satisfied with it.

We are very satisfied with it. They are clean, and the staff is friendly. There isn't anything offhad that I can think of that needs to be improved or done better.

Services provided at no additional cost:
Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Cameron and the surrounding area for 20 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/2x6KQS6411w