Newer and nicer

While looking into various options for my mother, I noticed that this location is newer and nicer. However it just didn’t have the vibe that I would like my mother to be in. Some things were not covered compared to other locations; however it’s not enough to say that I don’t like it. This location unfortunately, was just not the best fit for my mother.

Not enough staff

A bit outdated and there was a resident needing help but no one seemed to be available.

No longer lives in Ohio. She did visit when she lived there, and found the facility to be very nice; however, it was too large and she seemed overwhelmed just by the size.

Does not compare

My mother moved from Copley Place to Brookdale Montrose down the road and what a difference in experiences. Not that Copley was bad, it was okay for what we paid. We just didn't realize how much better it could be. The food needs a lot of work at Copley and the Customer Service too.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you very much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. While I am very sorry to hear these comments and reflections of your experience, I am so happy you took the time to provide us this feedback. We want to make Atrium at Gainesville the best possible place to live for our residents, and can not do that with open and honest feedback. I'd like you to know I am taking these comments to the appropriate parties and sharing with them; but please, if you have additional feedback, we would really like to hear from you. Again, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this with us. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day, and to hear from you again very soon. --Katie

Fits him well!!

Since my father in law moved into this community, things have been going well. He is comfortable in his apartment, he likes the food, and it is in a good location. The people there are very nice. He has not joined in any activities, but they are available to him if he would like to later on. The main reason we chose this place was the availability of an apartment on the first floor. Also, he has a patio and sitting area outside of his apartment.

Nice place. Some of the advertising was a little deceiving, listing only one price for the studio apt. but different apts. are different prices. I liked the one appt I saw, but it was $1000 more per month.

I like it here

The community put me in touch with a place for my therapy and they are nice. The staff at this community are nice and helpful. My only complaint is the food. They used some pre prepared food and I do not think they follow the instructions on how to prepare it. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

This place is very nice. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

Beautiful. Cheerful. Only one elevator. Not associated with assisted living or nursing facilities for later.

We like the place!

We did like this community and the staff seemed to be knowledgeable and helpful. We liked that we saw some of the residents out and interacting with each other. There was really nothing wrong with the place except that the location was not what we wanted.

A place to call home.

I like this community that I live in. The staff are always helpful. The community grounds are well taken care of and always clean. They do have activities that are offered to me. I am not always active but i like knowing I can participate when I can. I would recommend other families to come and look at the possible care for a loved one.

This place is a definite possibility.

Taking Good Care Of My Mother

My mother is doing very well here, she fits right into the community. Everybody has been very kind and friendly. They are taking good care of her and needs. It is a nice and clean facility. The food is good for the most part. There are many activities for her to try. Overall I know she is being cared for well and I would recommend it.

Copley Place is the perfect fot for my mom!

I looked at Copley Place specifically for my mom because they advertise that pets were welcome. This was a huge decision for my mom, since she has lived in her home for 55 years. She was extremely apprehensive initially, but after taking a tour with Pam [removed], she realized what a nice place
It was. She moved in November 17, 2015 and approximately 8 weeks later she really likes it there. The people who live their are friendly, the staff is very nice, the 3 meals a day suits her perfectly (she doesn' want to cook at all), the activities are enjoyable. Overall, she is extremely happy withher move. She is exercising more than ever by walking the hall way and taking her dog out. Yes, Rusty, has adjusted well too! This is a perfect plsce for my mom, and since i live in Medina, closer for me to visit.

A Few Improvements...

Copley Place can improve on their meals and the times they serve the meals, especially their breakfast. I think it is a little too early. I also think they could use more elevators, the only have one in the whole building.

Bottleneck

While Copley Place has eye appealing aesthetics it's loading and unloading zone in the rear of the building is a disaster, Instead of having circle drive with a high canopy for loading and unloading only there is no designated aria for this with a long winding walk and only one ramp far left of the door.

Another elevator is badly needed to not only handle meal time rush in which happens three times a day but would allow one elevator to have delivery priority so people and freight could move efficiently.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review. As I was reading your review, a question came to mind: Are you a resident, family member of a resident, or a vendor? If you're a resident or a family member, please feel free to call us here at Home Office at [removed] with suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,
Katie

We really liked it.

We really liked it. It was bright, and people were up walking around, It's what I would expect, but sadly didn't find at a lot of places. It's a very nice place.

So far everything is good, and we are happy with them.

So far everything is good, and we are happy with them. The staff is friendly and it's kept clean. I don't have any concerns. They are doing a good job.

wonderful place overall

Their meals are exceptionally well. They have their own chef, and the meals are fantastic. The dining facility is awesome, very nice atmosphere. It's a wonderfully friendly social happy atmosphere, more than any other place I've seen.

A couple of critiques and recommendations:

Copley Place has separate care companies that come in to provide the care services. The first one we went with for healthcare (advantage) seemed to be awesome at first, but then we realized they were not really doing the services that we had hired them to do (such as picking up my father and bringing him to the meals - we actually heard from other residents that he missed a few meals.) We would visit dad 2-3 times a week and noticed little things like that his nails were not being clipped, as another example. We then switched from advantage to another company (angels of care I think the name was?) which seems to be doing much better.

Dad has Alzheimer and due to that does not always make it to the activities. It would help to have an activity director that could reach out and help him along in that regard.

Copley place is the right place

The staff are very nice and friendly. The good is very good with quite a bit of diversity. This is an independent senior apartment complex with prepared meals so it is not really an assisted living facility. It is clean and the residents are all friendly as far as we can tell. They allowed mom to do a one month trial and even let her do it in a furnished apartment, they want it to work out too.

everyone friendly, GOOD food, warm, i...

everyone friendly, GOOD food, warm, inviting.

Panic Mode ,No Worries we Got you covered!

I needed help Fast ,They are Awesome

So far they've done a very good job h...

So far they've done a very good job here. When we first moved our loved one in they had some really outstanding and friendly people, but unfortunately they had some staff turnover and lost many of those people. They've also got a very good variety of activities, events, and other forms of entertainment. The one complaint my loved one has had about the activities is that she'd like to see some slightly more modern movies being played.

It's been very good. I like it.

It's been very good. I like it. The food would be the only thing that could be improved. Sometimes the food is overcooked. It was the most reasonable.

Mom's home

We are happy to have moved Mom into Copley Place but apparently the meals have been some concerns to my brother and myself......Mom has reported to us that MOST meals that are supposed to be hot are NOT hot and maybe even cold.....she had a session a few weeks back with the chef and she reported her concern and NOTHING has changed.....we placed Mom in the property because it was beautiful and she would be provided with 3 complete meals.....we are very concerned that she is not getting meals to her satisfaction.....

We have been thoroughly impressed wit...

We have been thoroughly impressed with this facility. My Mom absolutely loves it there and has found many new friends and activities. She has 'perked up' considerable since living there. It is wonderful to see her engaged in activities and with other people. She is 92 and this place has given her a sense of safety and security. She feels listened to and cared for there.

8-23 visited: studio-$1325...

8-23 visited: studio-$1325/mo -similar to room at Concordia larger studio-$1800 1bdrm-$1900 walk in shower area 3 meals, activities, independent living w/communal activities; kitchenettes -can use plug in stuff like microwave, crock, toaster **PULL CORDS in all rooms** housekeeping once a week;washing of linens only-you do own clothes; free transport to 10sq.miles for dr, church,etc.; patio in front& back; 2mgmt teams that live there; **NO MEDICAL people on site** can pay 1 month for a trial to see if you like it. Home Health care EXTRA; up front cost of 1 month's rent to paint, add railings, other items to your request. [removed] lock in rate for a one month fee-rates go up around 3-5% a yr. currently have 6 open units.

Good Community

Copley Place is a very nice community. It is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Our loved one doesn't participate in the activities but they seem to have plenty of them for the residents. We are very pleased with Copley Place and would recommend them to anyone looking for a community for their loved one.

This facility sounds great. The lady ...

This facility sounds great. The lady I spoke to there was extremely friendly and helpful though.

I LIKED THIS PLACE - IT WAS SUNNY AND...

I LIKED THIS PLACE - IT WAS SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND NEWER LOOKING. EVERYONE WAS NICE - PLUS THE FOOD WAS GOOD.

My mother and I liked it. Like the d...

My mother and I liked it. Like the different room styles to choose from.

Very vibrant staff and community. Goo...

Very vibrant staff and community. Good atmosphere. Fair amount of activities. No garages. Overall, a very good facility. Mom seemed slightly interested after the tour.

All inclusive.. has studio apts.

All inclusive.. has studio apts.

Conveniently situated in the quiet suburbs, we’re only minutes away from a major shopping area and top-notch healthcare. We offer an ideal place to get away from it all in the pastoral beauty of the Mid-West with all the excitement of Cleveland and Akron just a few miles away.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind