Cooper Mountain Adult Care Home - Beaverton, OR

The best !!

My father was cared for at Cooper Mountain for 4 years. That is from 2008 - 2012 . He had dementia and other health issues, but the dementia is what made it impossible for him to remain at home . Finding a place that would take a male dementia patient was difficult. My mother could not have him remain in the home. We were scared and when we had driven to look at places,we saw patients in beds or wheelchairs and young adults that worked in the facility standing around chatting with each other. That is not what we wanted for my father. So word came that Ioanna had a room available at Cooper Mountain, we drove over there to talk to her. The place is gorgeous , sitting on the hill with its own land of what ? 2 acres . The home is new and better than anything my father ever lived in . Ianna took my father and he was to have a beautiful bedroom and private bath with a common area to watch tv, play games, talk to other residents. He ate his meals at the large dining table and with the other residents. On beautiful days he got to sit out on the deck in the sun and watch the birds and the koi . The food was all home cooked with much of it coming from the garden and from the poultry raised at the home. Fresh eggs, fresh chicken , fresh berries picked at home or from nearby farms ! My father and the other residents were treated with respect and kindness . We never had to worry about how he was being treated - ever ! He lived better and ate better than we did ! LOL I thought that he would live one year . As my brother said, " Ioanna sprinkles fairy dust on everyone !" My father lived for 4 years and when he passed, Ioanna sat with him and held his hand. She called the family but we could not get there in time so she was the one to help my father leave this life ! I will never forget her for that ! You would be so lucky if you were able to place a loved one at this home . Actually, your loved one would be the lucky one !