Consuelo's ALF - Tampa, FL

Consuelo's is a great choice

My stepmother recently resided at Consuelo’s ALF. From the time she became a resident there until her death a few months later, she was very well cared for by the owners and staff of Consuelos’.
I never actually visited this facility in person, as I live many states away. However, when it came time to locate an assisted living facility for my stepmother to move into (straight from a hospital), the owner made everything as smooth and easy for me as she could. She took charge and worked closely with me to make the transition an easy one for my stepmother. She was in constant contact with me and kept me in the loop. When I would speak with my stepmother about questions or concerns she had, all I had to do was notify the owner and the issue was quickly resolved or answered to my satisfaction. So I give high marks to the owners responsiveness. In addition to that, the owner is a very pleasant and nice person who clearly at every moment conveyed her care and concern for and patience with my stepmother, who could at times be somewhat demanding. But even if the owner had not been so pleasant and easy to work with, I would still give this facility high marks because quite simply, my stepmother was very happy there. She began to improve physically, to heal from certain things that she had suffered in the hospital, and her appetite increased as well. She always raved about the delicious meals prepared and served (homemade!) by the owners and staff. The meals were always healthy and nutritious and this was very important to my stepmother and to me.
My stepmother made friends with the other residents. She also had friends who lived locally and who visited her in person and the reports from these friends were very positive. They told me that the facility was very clean, the staff courteous and attentive and that my stepmother seemed very happy. All of these factors made me relieved and happy with the decision to choose Consuelo’s ALF.
One thing to take into consideration in choosing Consuelo’s is that apparently the staff either speak little or no English or at best it is their second language. This seemed to cause some problems for my stepmother at times, as she sometimes felt there were miscommunications. But on the whole it did not seem to be a problem, and in fact she had fun trying to learn some Spanish herself. Finally, I want to mention that this staff had the very onerous task of caring for these residents during the recent hurricane that impacted Florida and they managed to move all of the residents to a shelter and keep them safe and sound during that crisis. They deserve much credit for their efforts during that very stressful time. Even with all that they had on their shoulders, the owner kept in contact with us to reassure me that everyone was safe and secure. These meant a great deal to me. In summary, I enthusiastically endorse Consuelo’s ALF and believe you would be hard-pressed to find an owner who takes such personal pride and interest in making sure your loved one feels like they are respected and cared for.

Consuelo's Perfect For My Mom!!!

I love this place the Owner and her husband are always on top of things, they do everything they can to help the residents and family members, I am at peace now,
I feel that my mother is in Great hands...the workers are very caring they do communicate with us about everything, they are always willing to help and yes they have their accent when they speak English, but when you see the way they care about your family member, the language is not really a barrier at Consuelo's .Staff is well trained and Super nice to the residents and family members. We as family members also have to Respect and Appreciate that important job that Caregivers do everyday for our family members. Our family recommend this facility 100%. Love Consuelo's :)

My Tour for My Aunt

This was quite adequate for a senior home. It was on the other side of town that is a long drive for me. It was a perfectly fine tour but they were not suited for my mom. Nothing against the community.

They Are All That I Wanted For Mom

I saw my mom last week and she is doing much better and more awake. She was talking when I called her. I see it is a better home. They are very good, very attentive, very friendly, and they took to my mom very well. My mom looks happy. They feed her and it is very clean. Any issues I may have they address it quickly. The owner is great too.

Care like family!

The owners [Removed] and her husband have been great, especially when Mom had an unsettling change in awareness and energy level for a few days. She had become lethargic and unresponsive. [Removed] who is a nurse had been monitoring blood pressure and pulse but when she noticed it contacted me and immediately got with the doctor who visits there and had a home health nurse see her, do blood work, ordered a chest X-ray, and draw a sample to check for a UTI.
I was alarmed and not sure what to do but [Removed] showed such concern as if she were a family member
and kept me posted twice a day.
Yes I'm glad I moved her from a larger facility that simply couldn't provide the memory care attention my 92 year old Mom needs.

Uneducated staff

I feel that Consuelos should have bilingual staff for their residents, they only hire uneducated people that have arrived from cuba and are not educated , they take a quick course and that qualifies them. The owner is so busy trying to open other facilities that she does not give a hoot if there is only 1 caregiver for 9 elderly people. When you ask questions to things pertaining to your family member no one knows anything.
The owner has no respect for her staff cause she pays below the minimum wage. She is too trying to make as much money as possible and hiring people fresh off the boat, what happen to rules and regulations that the state of florida should be enforcing with places like consuelos, I am reporting them to Congressional legislation

Caring Place

Great place for my moms needs at the time.

Love Consuelo's ALF

I had my mother at Consuelo's ALF and we really love this place, the owner and her family are always there, I could text or call Massiel the owner any time any day and she will pick up the phone and talk to me, there was not waiting for the owner to call me like in the other place I had my mother before where I never saw the owner. Consuelo's ALF is the perfect home enviroment for elderly. My mother pass away already because she had a lot of medical conditions, but I know in my heart the best thing I did for her was to place her at Consuelo's where she was always saying to me how confortable she feels there, Thank You Massiel & Family for always care a lot about my mother.

Peace of Mind

My Father-In-Law receives such amazing care at Consuelo's ALF. He has been at the facility since March 2015. In the past few years he was having trouble at home, I tried to help as much as I could, but it was not enough. Thank goodness for Massiel, Arfor, and her staff. They help with his medications and daily living. He is well cared for and has socialization with the other residents in the homey environment. Pricing is great compared to the bigger facilities. They have helped my family to have peace of mind knowing that my Father In Law is well taken care of, and as happy as he can be.

Very Friendly and Attentive

They are very attentive. My loved one falls a lot, and they are always right there to help him back up, they are very responsive. It is a smaller place, which is nice. They are very friendly and he is happy.

Great staff

My Father in Law is hard to please, but has continued to receive excellent care at Consuelo's ALF, he has been there since March 2015. He is doing better than he has in a long time. Thanks to Massiel, Arfor, and Staff my Father In Law will continue to live a long and healthy life.

The perfect place for my mom

My mom absolutely loves it at Consulo's. They are so wonderful to her. I have been by to see her at least every other day. She is always smiling but not just after she sees me, she is smiling when I walk in the door. She has two smiles, One smile where her lips are still together and another smile when she actually smiles so big that her teeth show. She has the toothy smile at Consuelo's. That is how I know she is so happy.

Massiel is wonderful. She is arranging for mom to get speech therapy. No other healthcare professional has shown so much care for my mom. Her family treats mom like their own family. I am grateful for Massiel and her family.

Our philosophy is to provide personalized, resident centered care in order to meet individual preferences and needs. We treat all residents with dignity, provide privacy and encourage independence and freedom of choice. Residents' family members and friends are encouraged to get involved in our facilities activities. The owner has a BA and is a RN. They have mental health license and provide Adult Day Care, also.