Golden Age ALF of Tampa Bay - Tampa, FL

Seemed nice, not a great fit for us

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place seemed nice overall, it was clean and well kept and the staff we met were friendly. However I don't think it would have been a great fit for us. We were looking for something with a homey feel, and this place felt a bit more institutional. We also wanted something more residential, this was located close to the middle of the city.

Review of Golden Age ALF of Tampa Bay Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tampa, FL

Awesome,well-run site.

Be prepared for some eye-opening experiences

I know I am at a price point due to my financial resources. Therefore, I am getting what I can afford. Golden Age ALF is the best I have found. The owner is trying really hard to be accommodating. They need to update the bathing facilities to be more patient user friendly. They need to have some kind of activities or more personal interaction with the clients. The food should be geared more to an overall diet with less rice and beans, watch the salt and sugared donuts.
But what can I do about it as they are mostly cooking basic Spanish-style. The help should take a course on what to expect with caring for persons with dementia. My other 4 experiences were a nightmare. especially Bristol Court, Royal Sun Park and Bamboo Villas. I have pictures and a diary of the horrors I have had to endure. Life in the ALF world can be a nightmare for the one who pays thousands for mediocraty.