Compassion In Healthcare - Daytona Beach, FL

Good for Mom

My mom moved into Compassion in Healthcare in January 2015. Mike and Shoshanna have been wonderful acclimating mom and her pets. Mom seems stronger and appears much more content with her life. Her pets really seem happy! This is a great comfort to me as I reside out of state.

very impressed!

I moved my 95 year old mother to Compassion In Healthcare from Rhode Island. She had lived in Rhode Island all her life, and I really wanted her to like it where I brought her. That expectation has been met. This is a very home like comforting environment. Mom kept asking me for the first week or so "how are you related to these people" because it really seemed like home and like family. Very good communication and rapport back and forth, decent security, very good food, etc. I have been very impressed and would highly recommend Compassion In Healthcare.

Compassion in Healthcare

A place for mom recommended Compassion in Healthcare in Daytona Beach, FL after my father died. I took my mother who has dementia there and she was reluctant at first but after a short time has become very comfortable there. All the staff treat her like family and me as well when I come to visit. I am so glad we found such a great caring place for mom. Thank you "A place for Mom" you were a godsend in my time of need.

The good news about Compassion in Healthcare

Compassion in Healthcare was exactly the right place for our Mother. With her dementia, a smaller, more personalized place was perfect. There are many pups, kitties and even a turtle at Compassion but each of the "critters" brought companionship and warmth when we were not able to be there. The many birds brought color and their voice to the place. Shoshannah, the administrator is an amazing RN, who truly provides hands on care for her residents when needed. The staff are kind and caring and truly put their heart into their work. We tried a few different assisted living agencies for our Mom and Compassion was the exactly the right place for her.

ShoShannah Tempest

Thank you for the kind words. All of us at compassion in healthcare really enjoyed taking care of your mother. She truly was a wonderful lady. Who even in her last days enjoyed many things.

I am glad I did not go with...

I am glad I did not go with my first opinion of the facility. As I was shown around I found a nice place that seemed homey and the residents looks happy and well taken care of. Big bonus is that Mom and Dad can keep their cat. There are plenty of room for them to move around and they can get outdoors with out the worry of Mom wondering off the property because all the outside gates are locked. The facility is clean and well maintained. Friendly staff that seemed to care about the residents needs. They seem to want to help the residents live the rest of their lives and not just exist like Mom is doing now in a nursing home.