Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock - Kilmarnock, VA

While the Sales and Marketing Director was most welcoming and very knowledgeable, we did not feel the accommodations were adequate for both parents. Otherwise, it seemed a very well organized and caring community.

Very nice!

I would have to say that I think that they should have a better variety of activities for the residents. My mother in law does like to play Bingo. This community is always clean and doesn't have a smell. However, there communication is not good they don't follow up.

A Good Reputation

Before I retired seven years ago, I was in healthcare administration in the Kilmarnock community, and Commonwealth has always had a good reputation. I did look into several agencies, and came in to take the tour at Commonwealth and liked what I saw. It was very clean, and there was a home atmosphere about it that I liked very much. Everybody was very friendly. It just looked like a place where my mother could feel comfortable.

My mom is a bit of a loner, but she has made friends here. Some of the staff here have really taken her under their wing. I think the interpersonal relationships she’s been able to foster have helped her tremendously. That goes from administration right on down to the aids, everybody seems to try their best. Things aren’t always perfect and they won’t be anywhere, but they do the very best they can to meet her needs. They really try to make her feel like she is the most important. It happens consistently when I see people stop what they’re doing to either take her back to her room or to get her something she is asking for.

Commonwealth Senior Living

Gail, On behalf of Commonwealth Assisted Living at Kilmarnock, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is an honor to have your mother as a resident and we appreciate that fact that you have entrusted her care to us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. Thank you again for sharing your experience! – Maryanne Lee, Executive Director, Commonwealth Assisted Living at Kilmarnock

Nice place, staff do a good job

My mother in law and wife were most involved; my mother in law is staying there.

The place has worked out fine. The location isn't that great; it is far away. All of the staff did well, and I think the place is nice.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock, a premier senior living community in Kilmarnock. Located just blocks from historic and charming downtown Kilmarnock, our community has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. We provide comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock boasts a variety of amenities, including nutritious dining, housekeeping, linen services and transportation arrangements. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock further and schedule a tour today.