Morningstar Care Homes of Baldwin City - Baldwin City, KS

• 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Recreational & Social Activities

The staff is always very pleasant and kind, it has the feel of home....the sites the smells. The residents seem calm and happy and content. If my mother lived closer this would be my very first pick for her to live.

I would rate them a 10!

We are very pleased with ComfortCare Homes of Baldwin City. It is the best decision we have made. Our loved one has enjoyed the meals served. The community is well kept and always clean throughout. The staff are just marvelous. They are very caring, soft spoken, and gentle. I am very comfortable with the community!

My mother has been a resident of Comf...

My mother has been a resident of Comfort Care in Baldwin for a little over a year and I have nothing but praise for the caregivers and the beautiful facility. I live in Va. Beach, Va. and I am so blessed to know she is being so well taken care of and never have to worry about her. The staff makes Comfort Care a family and I am very thankful for their love for all the residents.

Excellent Care!

I would recommend Comfort Care of Baldwin to anyone looking for a place for their parent with Alzheimer's. They offer care that is above and beyond what is expected. The home is always very, very fresh and clean. The wonderful staff truly cares about their residents. And, the place feels like a true home. From the time you pull up, to walking into the front entry and into the kitchen where often the staff is preparing a yummy treat, to the inviting living room area. They even offer a private room for visits or dining with family and friends. All feel welcome!

This is a home filled with love

Prior to moving my mom to Comfort Care In Baldwin I had met Scott Schultz and he informed me of his new journey into running a house for individuals with Deminta/Alzheimers.....I knew in talking with him, his own family experiences and his desire to make things better for others and his overall heartfelt concerns, beliefs and Christian faith I knew this was where I wanted my mom to go when the time came of which I could no longer care for her myself....Mom has lived there now over a year..I had a difficult time of letting go of mom to someone else's care and just the overall guilt feeling but due to Scott, Susan, Heather and the staff of care givers I was able to get past alot of that...I did a lot of crying and they were always there to help me through the tough times.....I would and have recommended this place to everyone...Their prices are very reasonable.......They have 3 great meals a day including snacks. ..I will walk in the house at times and see the girls dancing with the residents..The caregivers go out of their way to make sure the residents have a good day....Every time I walk in the door of the house the girls always have a smile on their faces and are always happy to see you...They have activities for the residents.....you may walk in and see the residents putting icing on cookies or making something with construction paper or folding clothes....Mother loves it there which helps the guilt feeling....The house is beautiful on the inside and out and very clean....I never walk into the house that it smells. ...Scott has done a great job of making sure these residents have a beautiful , clean, happy home with love.....The care givers are carefully picked making sure they are an ideal for our home..... Overall rating a 10...... If you are looking for a home for your loved one this is the place.....Thankyou Scott, Susan, Heather and caregivers for all you do for my mom......

ComfortCare Homes of Baldwin City is located in a beautiful single-family home in a residential neighborhood near the historic Baker University campus. We specialize in providing personalized, individual memory care for our residents who suffer from dementias such as Alzheimer’s, along with Parkinson’s, victims of stroke and those with similar memory impairment issues.

With only 12 residents, our caregiver to resident ratio of 1 to 4 is unsurpassed anywhere and results in a family atmosphere. Maintaining the dignity of our residents and providing families and residents alike with emotional, spiritual, physical, and cognitive support and stimulation is our objective. The beautiful hardwood floors, gorgeous backyard deck and water fountain, and open rooms are popular features of our home. Family-style dining provides great conversation for residents.

ComfortCare Homes was founded in 1993 by the Stark family in Wichita, and has been a pioneer in Alzheimer’s Care and in designing small, residential living settings for two decades. In Baldwin City, we maintain a relationship with the Wichita founding family that provides us with advice and support on healthcare and other issues on a regular basis.

ComfortCare Homes won the Horizon Award, given to the most promising new business in Baldwin City by the Chamber of Commerce in 2011. True to these expectations, we expanded our facilities in 2013 to accommodate more residents due to the demand for our services. We were full with a waiting list for a year prior to completing the expansion. The State of Kansas has given ComfortCare a perfect survey in its most recent audit conducted by the Department on Aging and Disability Services, finding no deficiencies.

Because it is unique and of the highest quality of care, ComfortCare Homes serves a geographic area covering the 4 counties of Douglas, Johnson, Miami and Franklin, with residents hailing from Baldwin City, Lawrence, Eudora, Olathe, Gardner and Ottawa. Because Baldwin City is a small town near the metropolitan areas of Lawrence and Kansas City, it has great access to shopping and recreation but maintains a home town feel. Our annual Maple Leaf Festival is attended by upwards of 25,000 people. We boast an Arts Center, a Dinner Train, Baker University and its NAIA athletics, great schools and libraries and good restaurant selections.

Most importantly, at ComfortCare Homes of Baldwin City we are not “just like home,” we ARE home.