Clark Retirement Community at Franklin - Grand Rapids, MI

Used to Awesome

As a family member I am beyond disappointed with Clark Retirement from the executive management to poor care and services. This community lacks the empathy, insight and simple honesty that would make this an awesome place. The staff turnover is incredibly high, numerous high level leadership people have left due to dishonesty, poor communication and lack of organization of the community. The food services has been an ongoing issue since 2016, and remains an issue today. The billing and finance staff are some of the rudest individuals. Despite the fact that myself and many family members have filed numerous complaints with the Executive Director, VP of Operations and President, Clark continues on a downward spiral.

Marie [removed]

Clark at Keller Lake is the choice we made for my wife Marie,
With her safety a major concern in our early pursuit of help
for her we were blessed in that the Clark Family program was a lot more than we expected.
The overall is great and we look forward to her having and
receiving the best of care and concern.The above rating
speaks for itself.

Very friendly but slow response time to call lights

They took really long with the call lights, sometimes it would take so long that peopel wouldn't even bother. There was a lot I liked about CLark but that was the one thing I didn't like about them. part of the problem is its a big place and theres only so many staff members for a large place so you might be in one end of the hallway but there's no one around. They didn't hurry either, you may need to go to the bathroom now but they wouldn't come help until it worked for them. That never really changed but when I complained about something else they were really conscientious about making sure to remember it. I did like that they had a nice variety as far as the menu goes, they were very friendly and they would encourage peopel that were there to come out to round tables to eat in small groups and get to know each other and the aids would look out for them out there. They found out what my moms interests were and found her things to do.

Clark Retirement Community is a continuum of care accredited by CCAC. Our mission is to create a community of dignity, compassion and respect centered on the lives of older adults and those who care of them.

Clark has a Residency Agreement Fee based on the size of the accommodation and a monthly fee depending on the accommodation.