We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
At Cinnamon Cove, we strive for an atmosphere that is more home-like and less clinical. Our food is “home-cooked” and includes three meals and two snacks daily. Also included in our monthly rate is housekeeping, linens, laundry service, wi-fi, cable and all utilities. The facility has four different common areas for activities, a beauty shop, a large dining room, two decks and a front porch. Single or double occupancy rooms are available – furnished or unfurnished. Rates start at $1500 per month.
We also provide assistance with medication management, ambulation, personal hygiene, incontinence, feeding and other activities of daily living. All of these services are included in our flat monthly rate.
Healthcare professionals are available on call and visit residents on a regular basis. Many forms of therapy are available through home health providers and when needed, Northbay and Trinity hospitals are located nearby.
Cinnamon Cove offers seniors an alternative to traditional nursing home life. Residents have a choice of a private or semi-private room with an open design. The community offers seniors a sense of being part of one large family. Large communal rooms are used for activities and Resident Council Meetings, where residents take part in meetings to schedule social events and suggest improvements for the community. Some of the amenities offered here include:
- Weekly housekeeping
- 24-hour supervision
- Television Room
- Podiatrist/Dermatologist appointments
- Help Scheduling appointments
Cinnamon Cove is an assisted living facility. Residents live independently as they are able, with staff helping them with ambulation and personal hygiene. Seniors can participate in planning activities and social events as they so desire.
New Port Richey is a small town at the fringe of the Tampa metropolitan area. It is separated from the Gulf of Mexico only by the Port Riche River that winds through downtown. Area residents regularly visit the variety of lakes scattered around and the beach for lounging and sunbathing. Regular festivals add opportunities to enjoy the area's culture and social landscape.
- Walkability Score: 7 out of 10. The community is close to a variety of restaurants and shopping venues that seniors can reach relatively easily by walking.
- Average Age in 34109 zip code: 47; there is a mix of married and non-married households
- Average Weather: New Port Richey enjoys mild winters and warm summers. The Gulf breeze cools what would otherwise be hot and humid air. Seniors living here experience a relatively constant temperature range.
- Veteran's facilities: New Port Richey Vet Center
This area of New Port Richey is easy for pedestrians to travel, but because many of the larger grocery stores and shops are scattered throughout the area, many people prefer to own a private vehicle to travel. The community also has a transit system to help residents go from one side of town to the other.
- Trains: There is an Amtrak station that travels through Tampa
- Taxis: All-American Taxi, Joe's Taxi
Health and Safety
The Florida Department of Health is located just a couple blocks from Cinnamon Cove, and the local hospital is only five minutes away. Seniors have plenty of healthcare options for dealing with conditions that are not life-threatening, and the staff is available 24 hours a day for problems that might arise while in the facility.
- Hospitals in the area: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
- Crime rate in 34652 zip code: Property crime in this zip code is lower than the Tampa average.
Sports and Leisure
Cinnamon Cove has an active social calendar for its residents, but there is always more to do in the community. Those interested in arts and crafts can visit the local pottery center that is a few blocks south. The beach is only minutes away, or residents can enjoy sitting at the riverfront.
- Golf courses nearby: Magnolia Valley Golf Club, Monster Mini Golf
- Tennis courts and clubs nearby: Seniors may play tennis at any of the local parks with courts and YMCA
- Gyms nearby: YMCA of West Pasco, Life Center Fitness, Youfit Health Club
Shopping and Entertainment
New Port Richey has a variety of activities for seniors, particularly those who live in this area of the city. A community playhouse is only blocks away, and there are a number of shopping centers within a five-mile radius.
- Clothes shopping nearby: Trouble Creek Sportswear, Gregory's It's About Time, Bayou Buy and Sell, Sigi's Place
- Grocery stores: Publix, Winn-Dixie, Save A-lot
- Restaurants: Wafflehouse, Wing House BBQ, Dulcet Restaurant, River City Panini, Netta's Hideaway, Fitzgerald's Irish Tavern, Jimmy's
- Movie theaters: Regal Hollywood 18
- Libraries: New Port Richey Public Library
- Senior-friendly salons for both men and women: Blow Hair Studio, Ceci's Salon, The Original Barber Shop, Belle Elan Salon
- Attractions: West Pasco Historical Society, Sims Park, Richey Suncoast Theatre. New Port Richey is a city for the water-lover. Seniors can visit the riverfront and have a picnic, take their lounger and suntan lotion to the beach or sit along the banks of Orange Lake.
Religion is an important part of life at Cinnamon Cove. While they do offer devotional opportunities, many local churches are available for seniors who wish to get out in the Port Richey community to worship. Some nearby churches include Our Lady Queen of Peace, Christ Fellowship, Riverside Fellowship Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church and Community Congregational.