Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey, FL

Review of Cinnamon Cove

Mother is so much better than when we brought her to your facility last December. Without any prompting from [Name removed] or myself, she has on several occasions volunteered, that, "they take good care of me here". It is clear to both of us that she is content and happy. Her comfort and well being is very satisfying to us both, especially since w are so very far from her, and it seems, oftentimes, challenging to be able to visit more frequently. We are very thankful.
A special thank you to you both and your very loving staff, not only for the comforts and services you provide for mother, but the very thoughtful and extra efforts put forth for mothers 100th birthday party. The cake was excellent, very moist, and just sweet enough. Your accommodations to her and to our family and friends, is very much appreciated. Thank you all, very much.
Permit me a few words to and about your staff. It is my observation that they are, each and every one of them, very devoted, preforming their duties in very loving ways. There is something else about you and your staff that is precious and cannot be purchased, and which seems to escape many facilities. You and your staff provide a particular type of leadership. When you lovingly help each resident and also try to motivate them to help themselves, this loving spirit becomes contagious, and is manifested in the effort of the other residents to help each other. Please covet and protect that culture, it is probably your most valuable asset.
Thank you again to you and your staff for all that your do for mother and all those in your care.

Review of Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey, FL

My mother just moved in from another community. She is much happier here. Services and service is a big step up. If she is happy – I’m happy.

Review of Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey, FL

We couldn’t be happier with the care Cinnamon Cove is giving to our beloved Oma. When we went to visit Oma was well cared for and happy in her new home. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Routine care is not an extra charge which one would expect at an assisted living facility. We would highly recommend Cinnamon Cove for you loved one!

Review of Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey, FL

My wife is very comfort to live here. She is taken care of very nice.
This place is very clean and well taken care ours.
I will recommend this place to anyone.
They do a good job for us.

We couldn’t be happier with the care Cinnamon Cove is giving to our beloved Oma. When we went to visit. Oma was well-cared for and happy in her new home. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Routine care is not an extra charge, which one would expect at an assisted living facility. We would highly recommend Cinnamon Cove for your loved one!

My wife is very content to live here. She is taken care of very nice.
This place is very clean and well taken care over.
I will recommend this place to anyone.
They do a good job for us.

The facility is clean. Well maintained with excellent staff.

Cinnamon Cove gets my recommendation!

The staff are real friendly and they take good care of my brother in law. They currently offer a few activities, however they are hoping to add more. The food seems to be ok and the community is clean. They have just completed some renovations such as new flooring and a new driveway. There are a lot of places around the community he is able to go to.

Kathie Christian

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're pleased that you - and your brother in law are happy!

My sister in law is doing well here, and I'am pleased with her move here. It is a great community, I know she being cared for well. They have a very nice staff here, they are very friendly. They offer nice activities for the residents. She is very pleased with the meals, the food is good. I know she in good hands here. I would recommend this community it has worked out very well for us.

Cinnamon Cove feels good to us.it is very clean and the residents all seem to be pretty happy.That's what we like about it.there aren't any up-charges.my mom is quite happy there.the place is very comfortable and very home-like.the assistants are very attentive to the patients.It's like a home care.they sit around and watch TV in a group and have different area where they can sit.they have a reading room,or they can go outside on the patio.Everybody moves about freely and there's always someone there if they need something.everyone is very clean-looking.Mom just had a haircut today,and she is very happy with it.they seem to be enjoying the food there.

Kathie Christian

Thank you for the kind words! We are pleased that you are happy!

I was impressed with cinnamon from first vist over 7months ago.I happened to drive by on a wwekend and with no appointment & mad a visit.fortunately [Removed] the owner was ther.She gave me a four of C.C.I thought the place was clear and in good order.we discussed priceswhich were less than i expected.the past 3 years I have visted 8ALF's in this area.Three higher ALF's were considerable more costly leasing there price on the condition of the perspective resident.As I left the cove that day a lady coming in to visit her mom recommend the Cove.
The next day I brought my wife in to meet [Removed].she spoke with my wifeand observed that she had early dementia and her mobility was very limited.The next day I returned and [removed] and I agreed on a fairly large up front share a room at the reasonable price she gave me the 1st visit.
During my wife's 7 month at C.c in spite of a lot of physical therapies her mobility lessened.We agree for her benefit she needed a full nursing home. at C.C.I visited my wife 2 times a day,often playing cards,doing puzzles,playing dominos. I observed many meals -[Removed] the 5 day a week chef is good and my family were guest at holiday meals.During weekends other care giver take care of meals and [Removed] is often helping out.snack time after the evening meal is delightful and I was invited.
[removed] son [Removed]is the full time administrator,[Removed] [removed] husband taken care of lot of the maintenance work.They are handsome owners and administrators.

No facility /business or home or person is perfect buy I'd say that out of 5stars,I'd rate c.c a strong 4.

I really like this community because it provides a home like environment and the residents receive a lot of one on one attention.This community serves home cooked meals and the staff and faculty work through issues with the greates of ease and make the family feel ease.

Hi [Removed]-It was nice talking with you last week.I sent a box today,for Mom's August 7th birthday.she will be 92.I haven't been down to see her since she moved to cinnamon Cove,but I can tell that she is doing so much better.she is more aware and we can actually carry on phone conversations.she told me that you were pretty and nice.Thank you and your staff for making a change in her life for the better.
Best Regards,
[Removed]

As they say,this facility runs a tight ship,over some time I have notice many situations,the facility is very clean.The owners are on board many days during the week along with some weekends.the owners and staff know the residents very well as it is a small facility,so if someone is having an off day they will pick up on this situation and try to correct it quickly.The owner and staff are very friendly,easy to talk to.food and meals looked good.I have seen them go above and beyond to accommodate with the food for the residents.I feel there could be more activities for example sing a song, Bingo,Piano playing.

Kathie Christian

Thanks for the suggestions for activities. We're always looking for new things to entertain our residents!

My Sister is in Good Hands Here At This Community

Kathie Christian

Thanks so much for taking write those kind words!

They only have private or semi-private rooms They do not allow pets.

Kathie Christian

Sorry we do not allow pets. We'd be happy to direct you to places that offer apartments and welcome pets.

Be sure to let us know if we can help!

Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey, FL

I give Cinnamon cove 10 stars!

My mom has been in 3 other facilities and I'm so thankful to have found Cinnamon Cove. She receives the best care ever and the entire staff -- and owners -- treat her like their own family. Everyone goes "above and beyond" and keeps the family up to date, provides a safe environment, fusses with her hair and nails and the food is absolutely fantastic! There's always something good cooking.

She has another whole family at Cinnamon Cove (once even told me she was too busy to visit). She will stay til she draws her last breath and when I get to a point of needing that kind of assistance, I will go to Cinnamon Cove too!

Kathie Christian

Thanks for the accolades! It is so rewarding to have families appreciate all that we do. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Kathie & Staff

Cinnamon Cove

Since our Mom has been at Cinnamon Cove, she has improved considerably in her emotional and physical health. The care, meals, and the medication schedule have played a huge part in bettering her well-being. Cinnamon Cove receives my highest regards for all that they have given our family member while under their care.

Kathie Christian

Thanks for the positive feed back! Your mom has certainly improved since she's been with us, We'll keep up the good work!

Cinnamon Cove

I lived in a different ALF for 90 days before moving to Cinnamon Cove. Staff here goes out of their way to get to know resident's likes and dislikes. Manager even helped me transport my emergency O2 tanks, O2 generator, and other large belongings when I moved here. I liked the internal. medicine doctor, dermatology, nurse practitioner, home health nurse, and other practitioners I see here.

Sherryl,
We welcome you as part of our "Cinnamon Cove Family" and hope you continue to enjoy the ambiance. We're here to help!

Cinnamon Cove

Cinnamon Cove is a nice community that is very clean and the staff is caring.

Linnea,

We're happy to have you! I'm pleased that you're happy at Cinnamon Cove!

Cinnamon Cove

Cinnamon Cove is very "homey", with caring workers who have nurtured my mother. I have never had a concern that they have not taken care of and my mom has always told me she has felt safe and sound there. the ALF is clean, the food is good -- I am very happy that my mother is at Cinnamon Cove.

Diana,
Thank you for the kind words. Your mom is special to us and is certainly part of our "family". We will continue to take special care of her.

Cinnamon Cove - New Port Richey

We are pleased with the assistance that my step-father receives at Cinnamon Cove. We feel it has a nice, warm, home-setting. The staff are patient and very helpful. My step-father moved from NY in 2013 with my mom and she passed in 2014 from cancer. He has been facing many medical issues in his own life, and has moved into the facility in May of 2015. Since then, they have tried to make his stay as comfortable as they can for him, and we are very grateful for that.

Tracy,
Thanks for the testimonial. Jerry has come a long way and is fitting in well. He especially enjoys the meals & of course his coffee!

Cinnamon Cove

The friendly staff at Cinnamon Cove made my transition from a skilled to a standard assisted living facility very smooth and easy. I will miss the food and my new friends when I complete my recovery and return home.

"Oma",
It's been a pleasure having you and I'm sure the entire staff will miss you when you return home. Your recovery has been a wonderful process to witness and your doctor said he hasn't seen you this good in years! Keep up the good work and be careful when you return home.

Small, homey, provided excellent care, kept my mother happy and busy

It was small and homey. There weren't alot of people there. It is a nice, friendly place. My mother stayed there, for five days, and he went on vacation; had noone to take care of it. It is just assisted living. She enjoyed herself. They kept her busy. The only problem she has is memory loss. Someone needs to watch her all of the time. I would take her back there again if I needed to.

Kathie Christian

Gloria has stayed with us several times for a respite stay and she is very pleasant. I think she considers Cinnamon Cove her second home. She continues to send us notes and cards and keeps up with some of our other residents as well. I'm glad you're happy with our services!

Answer to Our Prayers!

After diligent searching and two poor experiences elsewhere, we came across Cinnamon Cove. Our young senior family member is embraced by caring owners and staff who provide a safe, clean, home-like environment with delicious home-cooked meals, professional meds. management, and excellent visiting healthcare services. The dining room is always attractively set up with changing table decor. Staff and owners offer welcoming embraces, acceptance and support that endorses our family member as a person and as a valued "Cinnamon Cove family member!"
We are glad to have found CC; we think you will too!
The Curtises

Kathie Christian

Louise, Thank you for taking the time to write a testimonial. It's been a pleasure to get to know Rose and watch her "bloom". I believe she's much more at ease and much happier than when she first joined us. Thanks again for your kind words. You can count on the quality of care remaining the same.

Mom's care at Cinnamon Cove

My mother in law has been living at Cinnamon Cove for well over a year, and couldn't be happier. She loves the staff, the owners, the food as well as the overall care she receives.

My husband and I are able to sleep nights because we absolutely know that if anything happens to her or at the residence, one of the staff will contact us immediately. Mom has fallen several times and as she wasn't hurt, the staff took care of her very well.

Mom feels like everyone there treats her like a little princess!

Overall, we have had nothing but a great experience with Cinnamon Cove, and were fortunate to be able to have her there.

(CHILDREN OF THE PRINCESS!)

Kathie Christian

Cindy, Thanks again for the great review! You pegged your mom right and she'll remain our "Princess"! Kathie

Finding A Home For My Mom

After two bad experience's with other ALF's in the area,
we found Cinnamon Cove. My Mom has been a resident for the past three years and my wife and I couldn't be happier.
My Mom doesn't speak very much due to a stroke many years ago but she understands every thing. She like all the residents here at Cinnamon Cove receive excellent care.
We can't say enough about the staff. They are really dedicated people. The owners Bob & Kathy would not have it any other way. In the past three years my Mom's health has declined and she does require more help with her basic needs. We thought this might become a problem but she has been allowed to age in place with no additional fees for her care. Thank you Cinnamon Cove. My wife and I highly recommend Cinnamon Cove. Give Bob and Kathy the owners a call. You and your loved ones will be glad you did.

Kathie Christian

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. You know how I love your mom & we'll continue to take good care of her!

Thanks again,
Kathie

Cinnamon Cove outshines the others!

Dear Cathy and Bob,
I wanted to tell you how happy I am with your facility. My father, Elmer, has been a resident of LaCasa Grande, cared for in his own home, and a resident of Braybrook. Your facility outshines all of his previous homes!
The most important difference is the way you treat your staff and residents. All are treated with respect. Some of your employees have even said they couldn't wait to come back to work after a vacation. They love their jobs. I understand that you even created a position and altered schedules for one staff member. I know of another instance when a staff member came in to check on a resident and a new employee in the middle of the night.
Your staff and caregivers are treated more like family than employees or caregivers. They not only tend to my father's needs, but they truly enjoy interacting with him. Whenever Dad, who doesn't speak, makes a comment or does anything, good or bad, I hear from the staff. I'm not just informed, but are truly delighted or proud when he gives them a "five" or a kiss. I was proudly informed when Dad spoke and when he walked after a fall.
When Dad fell, I was informed immediately. They were properly concerned but not in a panic. Due to their immediate phone call, I was able to arrive at Cinnamon Cove, ride in the ambulance, be with Dad in the ER and return him to Cinnamon Cove after being treated.
They are proactive. After Dad's fall, they immediately implemented a protocol that requires two people to walk with or transfer Dad.
Some other things that make Cinnamon Cove an outstanding facility: Bob is there Monday through Friday from 8AM until 5 PM. Cathy is there frequently. I've seen both, Bob and Cathy, repairing or cleaning and assisting with and/or interacting with the residents.
I have and will continue to recommend Cinnamon Cove to all who may be in need of a good place to live.
I am, respectfully yours,

Kathie Christian

Marilyn, Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review. We all love it when your Dad gives the "high five" or a tender kiss. He is a real pleasure to care for! Thanks again, Kathie

At Cinnamon Cove, we strive for an atmosphere that is more home-like and less clinical. Our food is “home-cooked” and includes three meals and two snacks daily. Also included in our monthly rate is housekeeping, linens, laundry service, wi-fi, cable and all utilities. The facility has four different common areas for activities, a beauty shop, a large dining room, two decks and a front porch. Single or double occupancy rooms are available – furnished or unfurnished. Rates start at $1500 per month.

We also provide assistance with medication management, ambulation, personal hygiene, incontinence, feeding and other activities of daily living. All of these services are included in our flat monthly rate.

Healthcare professionals are available on call and visit residents on a regular basis. Many forms of therapy are available through home health providers and when needed, Northbay and Trinity hospitals are located nearby.

Cinnamon Cove offers seniors an alternative to traditional nursing home life. Residents have a choice of a private or semi-private room with an open design. The community offers seniors a sense of being part of one large family. Large communal rooms are used for activities and Resident Council Meetings, where residents take part in meetings to schedule social events and suggest improvements for the community. Some of the amenities offered here include:

- Weekly housekeeping
- 24-hour supervision
- Library
- Television Room
- Podiatrist/Dermatologist appointments
- Help Scheduling appointments

Services Offered

Cinnamon Cove is an assisted living facility. Residents live independently as they are able, with staff helping them with ambulation and personal hygiene. Seniors can participate in planning activities and social events as they so desire.

City Info

New Port Richey is a small town at the fringe of the Tampa metropolitan area. It is separated from the Gulf of Mexico only by the Port Riche River that winds through downtown. Area residents regularly visit the variety of lakes scattered around and the beach for lounging and sunbathing. Regular festivals add opportunities to enjoy the area's culture and social landscape.

- Walkability Score: 7 out of 10. The community is close to a variety of restaurants and shopping venues that seniors can reach relatively easily by walking.

- Average Age in 34109 zip code: 47; there is a mix of married and non-married households

- Average Weather: New Port Richey enjoys mild winters and warm summers. The Gulf breeze cools what would otherwise be hot and humid air. Seniors living here experience a relatively constant temperature range.

- Veteran's facilities: New Port Richey Vet Center

Transportation

This area of New Port Richey is easy for pedestrians to travel, but because many of the larger grocery stores and shops are scattered throughout the area, many people prefer to own a private vehicle to travel. The community also has a transit system to help residents go from one side of town to the other.

- Buses:
- Trains: There is an Amtrak station that travels through Tampa
- Taxis: All-American Taxi, Joe's Taxi

Health and Safety

The Florida Department of Health is located just a couple blocks from Cinnamon Cove, and the local hospital is only five minutes away. Seniors have plenty of healthcare options for dealing with conditions that are not life-threatening, and the staff is available 24 hours a day for problems that might arise while in the facility.

- Hospitals in the area: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
- Crime rate in 34652 zip code: Property crime in this zip code is lower than the Tampa average.

Sports and Leisure

Cinnamon Cove has an active social calendar for its residents, but there is always more to do in the community. Those interested in arts and crafts can visit the local pottery center that is a few blocks south. The beach is only minutes away, or residents can enjoy sitting at the riverfront.

- Golf courses nearby: Magnolia Valley Golf Club, Monster Mini Golf
- Tennis courts and clubs nearby: Seniors may play tennis at any of the local parks with courts and YMCA
- Gyms nearby: YMCA of West Pasco, Life Center Fitness, Youfit Health Club

Shopping and Entertainment

New Port Richey has a variety of activities for seniors, particularly those who live in this area of the city. A community playhouse is only blocks away, and there are a number of shopping centers within a five-mile radius.

- Clothes shopping nearby: Trouble Creek Sportswear, Gregory's It's About Time, Bayou Buy and Sell, Sigi's Place
- Grocery stores: Publix, Winn-Dixie, Save A-lot
- Restaurants: Wafflehouse, Wing House BBQ, Dulcet Restaurant, River City Panini, Netta's Hideaway, Fitzgerald's Irish Tavern, Jimmy's
- Movie theaters: Regal Hollywood 18
- Libraries: New Port Richey Public Library
- Senior-friendly salons for both men and women: Blow Hair Studio, Ceci's Salon, The Original Barber Shop, Belle Elan Salon
- Attractions: West Pasco Historical Society, Sims Park, Richey Suncoast Theatre. New Port Richey is a city for the water-lover. Seniors can visit the riverfront and have a picnic, take their lounger and suntan lotion to the beach or sit along the banks of Orange Lake.

Religious facilities

Religion is an important part of life at Cinnamon Cove. While they do offer devotional opportunities, many local churches are available for seniors who wish to get out in the Port Richey community to worship. Some nearby churches include Our Lady Queen of Peace, Christ Fellowship, Riverside Fellowship Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church and Community Congregational.