Magnolia Park Assisted Living - Visalia, CA

Mom seems to like it here

When my mom first broke her hip and started showing signs of Alzheimer’s, we decided it was time to find a place for her to go. We chose Magnolia Park because we really like the owner, [Removed], and her husband. They're good people and they care. Their staff is really top notch. They’re easy to communicate with and seem knowledgeable about what they’re doing. They are still working on a few things - the level of activity with my mom being one of them. She doesn’t do a lot but we’d like to see her get a little more exercise. They’re doing therapy with her and they’re trying though. Everything seems to be kept clean and they do my mom’s laundry for her. She gets showered every day and they do her hair every day. They’re really taking good care of her. I’ve eaten there with her several times and every time I go in to visit, they offer for me to stay for lunch or dinner. I was able to speak with the cook even about something that I liked that he had made and he gave me the recipe. I was able to see firsthand that he’s actually cooking and not just making things from a box. They have gardens outside for the people that are a bit more mobile and they have a vegetable garden where they can grow things. There are plenty of group activities and games for everyone to participate in. I haven’t personally been there when they’ve done this, but they’ll have people, like singers, come by and entertain everyone as well. I’ve already recommended this place to others and will continue to do so.

We like the care from this community.The staff was nice, but they need some better communication when I tried to call. The staff does not return my calls. They staff were excellent when we first moved my father into the community is clean and nice. They have activities for the residents. We would recommend that families look into this community for the care of a loved one for care and to know that they were outstanding when we first moved in and they need to make improvements when it comes to communication with the family members.

Was very satisfied with tour and presentationn.