Horrible new ownership

This used to be a great place, but it was purchased by a large management company and has gone downhill. The rent was immediately raised considerably, (and we’re expecting another large increase at the end of our lease,) with management convincing everyone to renew their lease by promising more activities and major improvements to the bldg. Instead activities have been reduced and the only improvements were to the lobby, to draw people in. The rest of the bldg is in desperate need of updating and fixing. Ridiculous things were done like removing seating in some areas because they “they didn’t want old people sitting around talking like in a nursing home.” (Actual statement from new owners.) This is a senior bldg! People need to sit, and want to visit! The new ownership acts like they have no experience with seniors. A large percentage of the current tenants are very unhappy and are planning to move at the end of their lease. (I almost never write negative reviews, but I’m speaking for quite a few residents that aren’t online, but wanted their thoughts shared.)

Everything is going very well!

Everything is going well! The staff are making my loved one feel comfortable and the facility is very clean. Overall, we are satisfied with the experience!

Professional and Helpful

Helpful and Professional staff. Nice facilities.

We enjoyed our tour and really liked the spacious kitchen with plenty of storage options. The shower has an easy accessible walk-in with grab bars that can be installed where needed. It sounds like the maintenance staff is accommodating. My friend chose this space after visiting another and feels very good about her choice. There is new carpeting and fresh paint on the walls and built solidly for quietness.

Community I would Recommend

My mother is doing well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The community is well-kept, and when I visit her room, and the facility are nice, and clean. The staff is kind. It has been a good experience overall, and this is a community I would recommend.

Warm, bright and clean environment. Very friendly community. Really liked the size--not too big.

It Felt Like A Box Community

We didn't like it cause it was pretty boxed in, literally a 15 floor skyscraper with walls. The location is inside and it feels like it's in a box. It is not appealing to the eyes.
They have more older residents it seem like the average age is 85. The sales person was nice and the atmosphere and building is not a right fit.

God location, prices reasonable. Do not like washer & dryer on the floor. Floor plans are ok. Would prefer more open rooms and a deck or patio. off the living room.

A Great Respite Stay

My friend's experience here at this community was a good one. Marcus from a place for mom was very helpful with all the help he provided us with. We were very pleased with everything they did for us.

To live at Chardon Court you need to be very independent. They don't have nurses or care here. They also only serve dinner here. They do not provide lunch or breakfast. The rent is really low though. It is a good facility for those that are independent. The staff is okay, not terrific but better than the previous place I was at. They have activities for residents that want them. It is a very nice property.

A Great Facility

Chardon Court is just a great facility. The staff was nice and they were good and helpful. The facility has a good area for the residents to go out and sit and do activities too. There is not much else to say about the place.

They are just a fabulous group to work with.

They are just a fabulous group to work with. I adored the whole setting and their service, and they were so accommodating. They rushed to get everything together on such short notice. It's very clean and the staff is friendly. They were very attentive when we were moving in. They really liked the food. Their years of experience and knowledge of what families go through is just invaluable. They just get it, and they are are just so accommodating.

Not so great of a place to live.

The management here does exactly as they want. They do not follow the lease nor the tenant handbook. They change the rules without giving us a 60 day notice. In order to play the games here you have to pay. As for the maintenance they take forever to fix anything. You need to keep remind them even though minnesota state law says they have 7 to 14 days. There is mold through out the place. I have pictures of the mold. I did contact the housing inspector in New Hope. He says they don't have a mold inspector and I would have to hire a company to get it taking care of since mold is one of my allergeries. Parts of the ceiling is missing in the community room and has been since May 2014. The management does nothing to stop the bulling that is going on between tenants. The garbage in the laundry rooms and community room is not empty enough. Its sometimes on the floor. The management is not suppose to except gifts from the tenants, however they do. Then these tenants are showed favoritism. Tenants smoke in there apartments even though this is a smoke free building. Please save your money and find a place that really cares.

Building had a smell and wa...

Building had a smell and was very dirty. My husband wanted a shower after we had been there!

Nice place

This is a very nice looking community, it is cleaning looking, and the staff have been very friendly and helpful. We've had a few minor concerns, but so far we've been chalking them up to our loved ones adjusting to the situation and learning how things work at the community.

like Chardon, Vicki is very...

like Chardon, Vicki is very nice, Apartments are nice and nice size, not very good storage with most units, no fitness or craft area, but they do have classes run by the residents and times residents can get together and do crafts especially for the bazaar in the fall. Seem to have a pretty full calendar of activities ad arrange buses for lunch out and shopping. Also, small raised garden spots which were nice. Nicely kept up and the grounds are inviting. With the concrete construction less noise gets into your neighbors apartment or out into the hall. Appliances are all small and cupboard space is limited. Will keep on my possibilities list.

Friendliness, Cost and Cleanliness

We chose this community because of the friendliness of the staff, cost, and cleanliness of the community. Their prices were better then the other comparable communities.

A strong possibility if Mom moves to ...

A strong possibility if Mom moves to the Twin Cities.

LIFE without the worry… Our on-site staff of professionals is available to take care of any needs you may have from planned activities to housekeeping and maintenance. The 129-unit Chardon Court is a community for adults 55 and older that combines the maintenance free advantage of apartment living with maximum freedom. Personal Care Services are available on-site if needed. Call or stop by today for a visit!! We are looking forward to meeting you and your loved ones!!