Cedar Ridge - Burlington, NC

My Mom felt very comfortable and at home here. The staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive to to the residents. Cedar Ridge seems like a great fit with lots of options for activities and socialization.

Could use improvement in the food!!

There seems to be a lot of transition going on at this time with the staff especially in the kitchen area which is making things a little difficult. The food has went down significantly in the quality since they brought on the new chef. I am hoping to see some improvements shortly. I do like the activities they have available throughout the week and that they allow my dad to create a garden in the courtyard.

Would like my food hot please!

The staff is good and my parents like it. Well mom more so then dad because they do not have enough activities for the men.The meals are "hit or miss" from a quality standpoint (both taste and warmth of the food) and that the time to be served frequently took more than an hour. I also wasn’t happy about the fact the price of the apartment was increased by over $300 before my parents signed the lease. It went from $3,150 to $3,475!”

In memory of my Mom - Mildred Starnes

I cannot say enough good things about Cedar Ridge. My 93 year old Mom had had infections which placed her in the hospital for 6 days then in rehab for 21. Realizing that she could no longer stay at home I turned to Cedar Ridge. Her room was not ready so they allowed her to stay in the guest room for 2 weeks. Unfortunately she was only in her room for 3 days then had to return to the hospital, then finally the Hospice Home for 7 days where she passed away. All this time the people at Cedar Ridge inquired about her health and were genuinely concerned. As I was there I saw how happy the people were and how greatly they were treated and were on a first name basis with the front office staff. These people get a 5 star plus rating in my opinion.

Cedar Ridge is an excellent independent living community.

Cedar Ridge is a wonderful community. We were encouraged and invited to visit as many times as we wanted before making a decision to move our mother there. It was a great way for all our family members to see the community and talk to residents.

We moved our mother in and she has been thrilled with her apartment and all the community amenities. The residents have been very welcoming and she has made many friends. The staff is professional, friendly, and always available to assist residents and visitors.

We have been very pleased with the facility and the care our mother has received.

better integration process

I wish they had a better integration process for new residents and families at Cedar Ridge. With all of the confusion of getting new people in and doctors getting set up it can get overwhelming. The facility is clean and the staff are friendly.

We can never thank Cedar Ridge and A PLACE FOR MOM enough for all their help!

My mother-in-law absolutely loves Cedar Ridge! Each time I call her, she can't talk for fear of missing something! So THANK YOU, CEDAR RIDGE, for making what we thought was going to be a slow, painful process into a happy, relieving time!

Cross Between a Resort and a Care Home

I was very impressed with the Cedar Ridge Community. My friend passed away before she moved in but I did tour the community and was very pleased with what I saw. The housekeepers offered to help as I was moving her belongings in. The two managers on staff were great. I did ask residents about their experience and many had lived there for a few years even though the community is only 8 years old. I did notice many activities going on as I was moving things in, including musicians. Activities were at least twice daily.

Great combination of home and resort living.

The onsite managers are friendly, helpful, and caring. They are personally involved with the residents and make special allowances to assist with problems. The apartments are clean, and well set up. The staff were friendly and the residents were bright, cheerful, and active. It felt like a great combination of home and a resort. Also, the help from A Place for Mom was invaluable. I can't say enough positive about both of these groups.

Overall, a nice place for mom

Mom is really loving that she doesn't have to cook, clean or change the bedding. Staff members are friendly and helpful. Her apartment is small, but clean and bright and the facility is cheerful and pleasant. Food is adequate, but not great. Mom commented that food could be more heart-friendly with a more varied menu. Also, transportation is limited. Van only runs four days a week. Three of these days it only runs until noon. Consequently, this limits some of my mother's outside activity. Overall, she is happy and I'm satisfied with her quality of living.

Nice facility with caring & friendly staff

Clean, modern, and well-maintained facility with friendly, patient, and accomodating staff. I have had no negative experiences to date. Of course, my dad is fairly self-sufficient and currently requires very minimal care.

Staff was extremely helpful...

Staff was extremely helpful and informative. Food was excellent. We did not feel rushed and all questions were answered. We are only beginning our search at this time

A Place for Mom really delivered in Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge is exactly what we were looking for in an independent retirement community for my father-in-law. Beautiful facility, kind staff, amazing amenities. Would definitely recommend Cedar Ridge.

Situated in a quiet, beautiful wooded area in the outskirts of Burlington, you’ll love the elegant grace of our facilities and the convenience of being close to all life’s necessities. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind