Carlyle House - Framingham, MA has yet not published prices.

Very good rehab care so far

I am very pleased with the care my Mom has received here. She receives physical therapy at least twice a day, and they do a very good job of it. She's been in other rehab facilities, and I feel like this one does a very good job in comparison.

If quality of care is more important than luxurious living spaces

My husband lived at Carlyle House for five years from 2003 to 2008 and ended his life using their Hospice program. I chose this facility because it had one of the highest ratings in the state in terms of meeting qualifications. The nursing staff were excellent. The care staff were, in the majority, caring and friendly. Several took a special interest and talked to me about my husband's experience, as well as sharing aspects of their own lives. They also allowed me to participate in my husband's care. For the most part, Carlyle House was able to hire top quality aides. As federal and state programs caused cutbacks, some aides had to carry two jobs, and the amount of time they spent with each resident declined. However, almost without exception the people at every level were compassionate and seemed to care about the quality of the facility. Food was average, cleanliness was above average but not perfect. Décor was moderate compared to some other facilities. Laundry caused bleach marks and lost clothing, and as there was only a small closet, I had to take off-season clothing home with me. Carlyle House is in an old house with a lot of charm and character and they did redecorate while my husband was there. There is a dining hall that is used for games and entertainment, and a TV area at one end. There are quiet areas in the hall where people can sit and visit with other residents or family; this is where I visited with my husband. A hairdresser comes once a week, and they are very good about showers and body cleanliness. I did not see any cases of neglect. Later on I had to spend time in a rehab center; it was beautifully decorated and had prime quality food but a rude staff, I was glad my husband had caring staff, and this is what I would prefer for myself. My major disappointment was in not having a single room for my husband. He was put into a room with three other men with the promise of being moved to a double or a single. This never happened. For his sake, I wish he could have had a quieter and more peaceful room.