Brookdale Grand Blanc - Holly, MI

Brookdale Grand Blanc - Holly, MI has yet not published prices.

This is a great community it has everythin the Brookdale Grand Blanc has plu memory care. This is our leading canidate

this is a very nice community that I would have no problems placing my mother in. They have it all, security, medical staff, balanced meals, activities, a beautiful facility and more.

This is a very nice place. We could see mom living here but the cost is more than we can afford plus it is farther out than we think family will travel.

Great Tour

Great tour of this community

Care and comfort

We toured this community for care and the staff were helpful. Alot of turn over on caretakers .The community was clean and the atmosphere was nice. They offer a good variety of healthy meals. They activities would of been helpful for her to participate with the other residents. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Adjustment Process, but My Mother is in Good Hands Overall

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However, I do feel satisfied with her move here. It is a nice community with kind people. They have a very good staff, and they are caring for my mother well. She has tried some of the activities they have available. For the most part she says the meals are nice. I would recommend this community based on your loved one needs, but it is working out well for my family.

Horrible Experience!!

I would never recommend this place to anyone they are the absolute worse company to work with. My dad had the worse quality of care possible by the people at this place. They only have one skilled nurse that only works part time for over sixty residents not to mention the fact that all of there caregivers are not certified and have no prior training. I have walked in on my dad just sitting in a diaper in a chair in the middle of the hallway with nothing cover him. He has also fallen many times and the housekeeping team had found him one time on the floor without knowing how long he had been laying there. When I had first talked to the staff about moving him in they said they had six to one staff patient ratio which was a complete lie. Their rates and community fees are completely outrageous as well. Again I would advise people to stay away from this facility after the experience we had.

Very expensive, the highest so far and I have called so many. The staff is wonderful and the place is beautiful. If we only could afford it------

Upbeat and Cheerful Community!!

I have to say the most inviting thing in this community is how cheerful and upbeat not only the staff and residents are but the environment inside the property. Everything is so bright and has such positive energy throughout the entire building. I love that my mom has also made lots of new friends and has really started to enjoy the company of the other residents through different activities and games. I also always get a good report that she is eating well and always clears her plate during meal times. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into further care for there loved one.

Very expensive!

We had to move my mother out of the Brookdale Grand blanc because it got way too expensive. They were billing me every week. When we were moving my mother in, they promised me a lot of discounts but then every month they would have to call corporate to get them added back on. Other than the money issue, the Brookdale was a very nice place. They took very good care of my mother.

With an average monthly rate exceeding $4000 we cannot consider this location

Nice tour!

Everything was great on the tour and the staff seemed very knowledgeable. The community was nice and everything i just did not feel that it was the right fit for my parents.

My Father's Care

I am happy with this community. I am happy with the food. They offer a good variety of activities for him to participate . The community is nice and very clean. I would recommend this community for others who are seeking good care for a loved one.

This community does allow pets!!!

I met the directors from the assisted living and memory care units and they were nice. This was the first community we looked at and I would say that cleanliness was a problem. They were very forward about pursuing my mom. They went out to the community she was at to do an evaluation, however I was not aware of this.

A Little To Eager

I toured this facility for my mother and it went pretty well. The community looked great from what I saw. At first the kitchen lady started the tour, because the director was in a meeting. We got to meet one of the aids and she was very friendly. After our tour I felt like they were to eager to get us to move in. They followed up with us to often. Also It was too expensive for our budget, but this is a nice community with friendly people.

Not impressed. While it was cute at first glance...the more I walked around, the less impressed I was. It is a 50 resident building. The rooms are nice size, but it smelled, had a confusing set up. The main bathing facility was not a place I would want to bathe or shower in. I had an appointment and the person I was to see wasn't even there and did not call me back. I would not put my mother there.

Trust Me, Stay Far Away From This Horrible Facility!!

It has been 3 years now since my father passed away at the hands of this horrible facility. This was our first and only experience with an assisted living facility and all I can say is, if you care about your loved one, you should avoid this place at all cost! It is very expensive and there is very little supervision. Residents are left to roam around and fall. Depends are not changed as they should be. My father developed a very, very severe compression sore that was never reported to us until we happened to discover it ourselves. At which point it was so deep (down to the bone), and we demanded that he be taken to the hospital. The wound was so bad and was septic and caused my poor Dad so much pain! He unfortunately passed away shortly after this ordeal. He never returned to Brookdale. This place is a non caring and horrible facility.

Communicative and accommodating staff

I think they do a great job at Brookdale Grand Blanc! The staff here is friendly, accommodating, and professional. I live out of state so I've really appreciated how reliable and on top of things they are regarding communication. Our loved one is having a little trouble getting used to the idea that she'll be living here now, but they're really bending over backwards to help her get settled in. It's just a very nice place, overall!

Nice place, great activities!

So far our experience with Brookdale Grand Blanc has been a very good one! They have a wonderful activities program, I've heard nothing but good things from Mom about all of the various games and events they've got going on! She has settled in well, and really seems to be enjoying herself here!

So far they don't like it, and they want to go home.

So far they don't like it, and they want to go home. We chose them based on the kind of rooms they offered, and we have been kind of stalled on the one we wanted. The right room would go a long way in making them more comfortable, and affording privacy. They have not been very good about getting back to me about when the room will come available.

Be cautious.

I had my mother there for a couple of years. As her care increased, so did the bill. Her room always smelled due to their inability to take out the trash more then what was scheduled. Mom got sick at the table and their response was to set her by herself. That lasted for over 6 months.
On the surface they looked like a great facility and their activites there were awesome. I rated care poor only because they have the staff covering 1:16 when we were there. Longevity of staff is minimum due to the taxing expectations of the workers.

wonderful

Brookdale Grand Blanc is wonderful. Right now I am very very happy with it. They are awesome with activities. They have a very caring staff. I am very very thankful to have found this facility.

Mom's loving it.

So far so good. Mom's loving it. No major complaints at all, she doesn't like the scrambled eggs. She is having a blast, she is making friends, and playing bingo. The people are friendly, she likes the staff. We chose them because it was lovely, and it was close to my home. It was pretty similar in price to the others we looked at, they are all expensive, and this is no more so than others.

very caring and compassionate

Our experience with Wynwood of Grand Blanc (now Brookdale) was very good. They were very helpful in making the transition, and even during the search process they were very good at following up with us and answering all of our questions. They are very caring and compassionate. I am very happy that I made the choice to go with them.

Excellent care

They've done an absolutely wonderful job taking care of my loved one at Wynwood of Grand Blanc. It's been a very tough time for us, but they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful throughout this whole process. It really has been a godsend. I would definitely recommend them to other families looking into care in the area

Great Value

Great value for the money. The staff is very nice and caring and a great place for a loved one. I would rate the overall experience with 4 stars. Very happy with all their services and the facility is clean and well looked after.

Friendly, attentive staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Wynwood of Grand Blanc. It is a nice looking facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful throughout the whole process. I like that they pay a lot of individual attention to each of the residents.

Don't do it!

They provide very little night time supervision. My father was injured in an altercation that should have been stopped before it became serious. Facility smells from the incontinent people who don't receive the help they need. I would not recommend this facility!

They do a good job. It's expensive but they take care of my father well. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I can't rate them on activities, as my father doesn't participate in them, but I think they have some things going on.

beautiful....love it

Mixed experience

We had a mixed experience with this community. When we used them for my Dad they were great, and they were able to provide for everything he needed. However, when we placed Mom here later they just weren't quite up to the level of involvement she needed. The caregivers are friendly, and they do a good job, but there just weren't enough of them to give Mom the attention she required. Unfortunately this meant she spent most of the day in her room sleeping. If your loved one is on the lower end of the care spectrum this is definitely a place to consider looking, however!

They are doing wonderful I think.

They are doing wonderful I think. It's clean and the staff is friendly. It's one of the more expensive of the places but you get more for your money. The staff and their ability to help was what made us choose them. The nursing staff and the director, were really helpful. They seemed better prepared than some of the other places.

They’re taking such good of my mom. ...

They’re taking such good of my mom. My mom really likes all of the staff. We visited 7 different places before selecting Wynwood. Our first impression was right. She’s settled right in. She has everything she needs there. They have a fully calendar of activities and they coax her to participate. We’re very happy.

Very nice community!

We've had a great experience here so far! The staff are wonderful, they are very nice, helpful, and all seem extremely qualified to do what they do. The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and is bright and cheerful feeling. The only issue we have are the costs, which are very high.

cold spots

It seemed to me that the heat was not constant throughout the building, I think this should be addressed.

This facility appears to of...

This facility appears to offer all the requirements my dad needs. They are sending a nurse to evaluate him tomorrow. I could see my dad living there.

Good Care for Mom

The common areas are clean. I believe they could do a little better job in my mother's room. I check on my mom with two of my sisters. Everyday we go and clean the toilet and the sink and I don't feel like they vacuum as much as they should but overall that place is pretty clean.

I think we're paying a lot. We're paying to everything we get, believe me. Of course I think it should be a little less but I think she's getting good care. We pay them to have her escorted to meals because she wouldn't eat otherwise. We pay them to do her medicine and they assist her with showers and do her laundry. So her safety and well being is taken care of. That place is really nice. It's a better place than where she was before. There is no doubt in our minds about that. It's nice there and she does like it.

One thing that we weren't happy with it the PT for my mom. The offered to do therapy for walking, safety, and speech. They told us our copay was going to be $350 and we did it because we can see the value of having that. Then come to find out, after we started her on it each discipline is $350 so it was over $1000. That was a disappointment but that had to do with their physical therapy, not the facility itself.

Have previously toured. Exc...

Have previously toured. Excellent place. Larger than the rest. Concidering highly. Will not get the same personal / home like treatment as the smaller AFC's. But is VERY high on the list. Location is a issue for my brother. If the price is good, they may still be the best solution. They have more activities and social interaction than the others.

nice. smaller dining areas.

nice. smaller dining areas.

Brookdale Grand Blanc is a beautiful memory care community located in Holly, MI. The village of Holly is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to enhance the quality of life of residents by promoting citizens participation and providing quality services. Our village boasts a rich historical heritage and is well known for our dining, entertainment and nightlife. From our world-famous Dickens Old Fashioned Christmas Festival to our downtown area (a shopper's paradise), there is something for everyone to enjoy in Holly!

Brookdale Grand Blanc offers high quality personalized care to seniors living with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. We believe that people who have memory impairment have purpose and value and we encourage them to actively participate in our community. Our compassionate staff is highly educated and receives ongoing training to ensure we are providing your loved one the best level of care available.

Our community is vibrant and active while following a familiar yet gentle routine that people with Alzheimer's and dementia need. Our daily routine includes both mental and physical exercise, life enrichment activities and practicing daily life skills. Brocade Grand Blanc offers an abundance of services and amenities which include

Personal housekeeping and laundry services
A private dining room for entertaining family
Assistance with activities of daily living
An on-site beauty salon and barber shop
A sweet shoppe
Three balanced meals served daily
Access to a professional and caring staff 24 hours a day