American House Grand Blanc Senior Living - Grand Blanc, MI

American House of Grand Blanc

We came for a tour of this senior living center--one of three planned that day. After touring American House, speaking with the assistant director and other staff, and eating lunch there, we cancelled the other two senior living centers we had planned to visit for our relative. Very welcoming community. All of the staff we have encountered is very pleasant and seems happy to be working at American House. Residents appear to be comfortable and satisfied.

No "institutional" odor. Well maintained building and grounds. Lots of activities for those who choose to participate, including exercise classes a few times a week.

American House Senior Living Communities

Ellen, thanks so much for your 4 star review of our community! We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and appreciate your feedback. It's always good to hear our guests have had an enjoyable experience during their visit.

Beautiful Place!!

I have no complaints about how things went while my mother was in this community. The property is absolutely beautiful with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. The staff where all amazing and I was comfortable with the quality of care that they provided her. I am looking forward to future experiences at this place and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of American House Grand Blanc. We're happy to hear you've had a positive a positive experience at our communitiy, and appreciate your feedback.

Amazing Staff!!

Things are going very well for my mother since she has made the move into this community. My family and I could never say enough great things about the staff and the quality of care they have been providing my mom. She also has really enjoyed the meals they are providing her throughout the day. They are always fresh and on time which is a big positive in her eyes. Overall we have no complaints and are very pleased.

Too expensive and die not negotiate monthly fees. I talked to them several times before contacting a place for Mom

Lack of communication...

The staff at the American House was very nice but the communication between them was not so good. They were unfortunately completely unorganized, no one knew what was going on. If my mother would make a request, it would take weeks before anything would happen and if it relied on it having to get to another person, you can forget it. Other than that the place as nice, they provided 3 meals a day and had 2 different options to choose from which my parents really liked.

Nice of This Community

I toured this community for my mother. My tour went well, this is a nice community. From what I saw everything appeared to be neat and tidy. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They were informative, my questions were answered. We did find a community that suited my mother and our needs better, but this is a nice community.

Lovely place, nice folks, but too expensive.

American House - Grand Blanc

Impressive, friendly, customer or "patient-centered" staff including maintenance and custodial staff. Medical Team adaptable to varying patient needs. Adjusted their schedule for my mother rather than put her on "their schedule".

Welcoming environment not only from staff but from residents.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for such a glowing review. We appreciate you taking the time to send valuable comments about our community and for mentioning how wonderful our staff has been with your mother. The health and wellbeing of our residents are our highest priority and we take great pride in making sure they are provided with everything they need. Thanks again and warm regards! Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director

food is not good

At American House Grand Blanc Senior Living the food is not good at all. My dad says need to offer eggs and steak. Dads medical button went off accidentally once but no one even responded . That is cause for concern. They do a good job of cleaning at the facility. Definitely some areas they need to improve on!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. By sharing this concern you give us the opportunity to put things right and review the way we do things in future. We are always looking for ways to improve and I will share your comments regarding the food with our chef. If you have any other suggestions on how to make our community more inviting, please do give me a call or stop by my office when you come to visit your father. Sincerely, Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director

It wasn't enough for her, it was the wrong fit.

It wasn't enough for her, it was the wrong fit. There were never any concerns as far as how clean it was, or the food. I liked the people there a lot, they were very nice. We tried to make it work, but she just needed more than they were equipped for.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for providing your feedback on American House Grand Blanc. We sincerely appreciate you entrusting your loved one with American House, and if there's anything we can provide you or your loved one in the future, please do reach out to us directly!
Tiffany Giammarco, executive director

Most of the activities are cards and bingo.

American House Senior Living Communities

One of the unique aspects of each American House community is that a life enrichment director works with residents to create an activity program. If you have an idea of an event, activity or program that you would like to participate in, please contact us! We're always looking for ways to engage with our residents. Tiffany Giammarco, executive director

The hallways seemed narrow....

The hallways seemed narrow. I was impressed by the staff and residents who were all very friendly. I just don't see it as a place for mom.

American House Senior Living Communities

Our staff and residents are definitely happy here, and it
shows! I'm sorry you don't see it as a place for your mom - but we do
have other communities that may be a better fit for her. Give me a
call and I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction.
Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director

The rooms here were really nice, and it was clean and well maintained.

The rooms here were really nice, and it was clean and well maintained. This just wasn't a good fit for our needs in the end. The attendant care could be improved. I think it was a little of both training and staffing, some better training and a few more staff would have been nice.

American House Senior Living Communities

While I’m glad you liked our community, I’m sorry to hear we
aren’t what you were looking for. Thank you for leaving your feedback.
If you have any questions regarding our community, please call me at any time.
Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director

They are very clean and very friendly.

They are very clean and very friendly.

We didn’t really understand the level of care they were able to provide. We thought they could do more. It seems fine now. The care services are fine. It’s an a la cart selection of services. They respond quickly. The food seems fine.

Residents have told us they like and enjoy the staff.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for giving your feedback! Though some services and
amenities are included, we do offer personal care services on an a la
carte basis to suite the diverse needs of our individual residents. We
partner with an on-site Medicare certified company to help with any sort
of extra assistance our residents may need. Please don¹t hesitate to stop
in our give me a call with any questions!

Nice place

I'm very satisfied with what they provide at American House. Is a nice looking community, and always looks very well kept and clean. The staff are all very friendly and personable, and do a great job keeping everyone comfortable and entertained. It's a very nice place overall!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving such great feedback! We try our best to treat our residents like one big family and provide plenty of activities and events to keep everyone smiling. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please let me know.

Tiffany Giammarco
Executive Director

plain, nothing fancy only place she ...

plain, nothing fancy only place she could have an apt like she has now. very nice director

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much! We work at giving our residents a very at-home feel and feel our community is a cozy place that is comfortable living. If I can be of any assistance or answer any questions for you, please feel free to call.
Thank you!
Amy Wallace, Executive Director [removed]

meals, medical team, guardian alert b...

meals, medical team, guardian alert button, houskeeping, entertainment, strength training, inhome rehab, mo one bedroom daily housekeeping beds trash - transportation service to get out to shop! Cross roads Village tour etc!

American House Senior Living Communities

You have outlined many of our amenities we’re proud to offer our residents! If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call me or visit.
Amy Wallace, Executive Director [removed]

Providing a superior senior living setting just off I-75 for the Genesee County community, American House Gand Blanc is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Grand Blanc, Flint, Holly, Fenton and Davison. American House Grand Blanc is also located close to hospitals including Genesys Regional Medical Center, McLaren Regional Medical Center, and Hurley Medical Center. Grand Blanc Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Grand Blanc Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, private baths, and patios. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, laundry center, library and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.