Tender Care Assisted Living 2 - Houston, TX

Angels

My father was 55 and was diagnosed with early onset frontotemporal dementia and primary progressive aphasia. He was originally at a home in Katy with similar set up to Tender Care. They were very negligent, to the point of him ending up in the hospital. We then found Tender Care. Shortly after, my dad was put into hospice care and had a severe bed sore. The staff was incredibly attentive to my dad. I was bartending at the time, so I would go after work around 4 am to see him. They catered to my work schedule and allowed me to come see my dad at non-visiting hours. Not only this, one of the caretakers saw my heartache and would always hug me and talk me through my tears even though she was woken up out of her sleep. The day my dad passed away, the owner's wife was in the room with us as we held him when he crossed over. She broke down in tears. It showed my family and I they genuinely cared about my dad and their other patients. The owner and his wife also came to my father's memorial service. They made him a part of their family, not just another patient. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to place their loved one. They genuinely care about the patients and their families.

My experience has been okay

My experience has been okay at Tender Care Assisted Living 2. My mother currently has a UTI and has dementia. The staff have been very hurtful to me when talking about my mom. I feel like staff have not been very compassionate with this situation. There are really only 2 staff members that I am not too happy with. The owner is very nice. There is one resident that is mentally doing well and he says the staff does treat him well. My mom is kept clean. I don't see them do too many activities. They do have the residents go outside and get some sun. Some of the ladies that work there are really understanding. For the price, the way the facility looks, and my mother safe, it is okay.

Not what we had in mind. Only 1 caregiver who cooked and took care of the residents. Owners wife was lovely but just not what we had in mind for a home for Dad.

it was great

They were great with my sister. They took very good care of her, making sure that she got to the doctor when needed, and made sure she was happy and well cared for.

One critique is that the size of the meals were rather small.

Aside from that I would say it was great.

7/8 Toured. Not applicable,...

7/8 Toured. Not applicable, $3,800 private rate is over budget. New name and owner, Tender Care [removed], Daniel Arioga [removed]. Remodeling, painting and new furniture for TV room. $2,800 semi-private, $3,800 private, $1,000 deposit to hold for 1 month.

There is rust throughout the home. Fo...

There is rust throughout the home. For most of the day they only have one nurse. The back yard has debris all over it and the sidewalk may not be safe to walk on. If they take such poor care of the home, I am frightened about how good of care my loved one would receive.

Was clean and bright. Liked the neig...

Was clean and bright. Liked the neighborhood and the facility.

Small assisted living facility, certified for the Alzheimer’s / Memory Care residents. Home atmosphere environment, an alternative to large facilities.

Secure, with Dementia trained caregivers, caregivers to resident ratio 1:4.

Personalized activities, nutritious home cooked meals, doctor’s visits, incontinence care, hand feeding, assistance with daily activities, and what ever is needed to help our residents feel comfortable and safe.