Capetown & Cottages at Capetown - Cape Girardeau, MO

Food is substandard.

Our mother (name provided by request) has been living here for a number of years. My family had visited with her many times. None of these visits showed anything but very good care. I think i can speak for my siblings by saying we are pleased our mother is now living there.
Now the negative part....too often during our regular phone calls our mother complains about the food. This evening I learned the housekeeping staff is cooking meals for the residents. I am lead to believe they are not trained nor do they have the requisite food handling certification. I say this because I am told the kitchen (?) staff cooks\prepares meals without hair nets. In addition the meals are terrible.
Our mother tried to say she is sorry for mentioning this and that it is up to her to try fix this. She would not have to go through this if Americare lived up to their own standard and philosophy. I will continue to enlighten Americare management until this fundamental issue is acknowledged and corrected.

My mother loves it there

My mother loves it there. Great food and they take good care of her. Megan is the best. She is wonderful to deal with and loves all the people there. But most of all she treats them with dignity and respect. I would like to thank the staff for all they do

I would recommend Capetown!!

I would not recommend the food at Capetown. There are not a lot of choices and there have been times when my mom went to bed without a meal. The staff are good and keep us informed of her care. They do offer activities however she is not able to participate due to health issues. Everything else is good at the community. While my mom is having to move to another community due to the cost, I would still recommend Capetown to family and friends.

Nice Place

Megan that runs it is a strong person. She is very organized. She is great. The Capetown & Cottages at Capetown is a nice facility. It's very clean.

I was looking for a clean and active ...

I was looking for a clean and active environment. I believe they provide what us best for mom

pat cokingtin

Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Capetown and The Cottages. Morgan and her team work hard to promote an active healthy lifestyle for both their assisted living and independent living residents. We're so happy your mom found a home at Capetown!

Pat Cokingtin
VP Sales and Marketing
Americare

VERY NICE, WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ...

VERY NICE, WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE.

Capetown is a lovely place. We did t...

Capetown is a lovely place. We did tour this last December. However, they do not have secure units.

Tour conducted by director. Facility ...

Tour conducted by director. Facility clean and staff friendly. Amenities were many. Only room currently available not suitable for her. Still would recommend to others.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at Capetown Capetown, Independent and Assisted Living, is a unique campus of Cottages and Patio Homes in Cape Girardeau, MO. We are located on a private setting with beautiful rolling hills in our backyard. A Clubhouse with all the amenities right here on campus equipped with a luxurious pond for your fishing pleasure. Our location is just minutes from both hospitals in town and Doctor’s Park. Cape Girardeau was voted one of the “Top Ten” retirement communities in Missouri in 2009. If you are in need of more assistance, we also have a 25 room Assisted Living located on our campus as well.

Capetown has a staff that is committed to giving our residents and families the hometown hospitality they deserve. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family – with all of their unique needs and preferences – it’s like home.

Dining is such focal point of our resident’s day. We have a certified chef who prepares the majority of our menus and meals. We have restaurant style dining and order off of a menu. Our menus have numerous choices to choose from. The residents help plan the menus based on the foods they like and we change it quarterly so each resident will have opportunities. We have open dining times as well. Come eat when you want!

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.