Canyon Creek - Billings, MT

Nice Place

Canyon Creek memory care facility is a very nice place. It did take my mother awhile to get adjusted. But I feel most of the people that work there really love their job and the residents there. We did have some problems that we addressed; my mother’s hair didn’t get combed, and was wearing the same dirty clothes. Her partials weren't getting soaked at all, and I would go to visit @ lunch time and she didn't have them on to even eat... she complained that she wanted her face washed in the am.. not sure that's getting done even now? Her care seems better now that these issues have been addressed, not perfect, but much better.. The people there could not be any friendlier, really like all of them.. my mother seems very happy with them also.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing such great feedback for us here at Canyon Creek Memory Care Community. We will follow up on the opportunities that you noted. The adjustment period is a little different for each family and happy to read that your mother seems happy. I will pass along your friendly compliments to our staff. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kevin, our Executive Director.

Staff made the transition wonderful

This facility has been better than I expected. I live quite a ways away and I have been doing all of the planning over email and phone calls. The staff members have been amazing in this transition process. They could not have been any more professional. Every time I have visited my Mother the staff has been very attentive and the facility has been clean. Even though she is in the 4th level of care which is the highest, they offer activities like painting, drawing, coloring, and going on rides through the countryside. I highly recommend this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for choosing and recommending Canyon Creek Memory Care Community. We appreciate the kind compliments and happy to read that the staff was amazing during the transition. I will pass along your review to the Active Living Director who does a great job providing your mother, and all of our resident’s, interactive activities regardless of care level. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kevin, our Executive Director.

This is a nice communit.y the staff were nice and able to answer my questions. . They had activites that wold of been offered. The community was nice and clean and we liked this community. The community was more then what we could afford at the time, but other families might want to tour the community for thecare of a loved one.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for recommending and touring Canyon Creek Memory Care Community. We will pass along your kind compliments to our teams and happy to know that your questions were answered. I hope you find the perfect place for your loved one, and if we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

It Has Been All Good

The experience for my mother-in-law from what we believe has been really good. As far as I know it's been all fine. She is happy and we are glad that she is well taken care of. The cleanliness, friendliness, meals, and activities have been good.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and writing this review for Canyon Creek Memory Care Community. We are happy to read that your mother-in-law’s experience has been very good, and we appreciate the kind compliments towards our cleanliness, friendly staff, meals, and activities. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

Dad's new home

This became our dad's home on 12/29/2015. We believe he is getting the attention and care he deserves. He has been our caregiver for many years and now it is his time to be cared for and we feel like we picked the best choice to do this. He seems to really like it at Canyon Creek and they adore him. My sister and I are relieved because this was the most difficult decision for us to place him in a home. He had always been so independent. We know he is getting the best care possible.

5 stars

It's a beautiful place. She seems vey content.

Excellent Caregivers

I just watched the staff with all the people that are in there and they are really good care givers to all the residents. They also treat my mother really nice, which is what is important, so that is good.

I was impressed with the facility from the moment we arrived. A professional and caring atmosphere abounds. Amy,the director,gave a detailed presentation and patiently answered questions and concerns. The staff I observed are kind, yet firm with the residents. The facility is sunny, beautifully furnished, and impeccably clean. Reminded me of a vacation spa, I wanted to stay. I highly recommend a visit to Canyon Creek.

Great care given!

Canyon Creek has done a wonderful job caring for my mother. They have provided loving care that included nursing care that was greatly needed and not provided in Mom's previous care facility. They have brought skills and techniques into their care that have truly improved Mom's quality of life. In so doing they have also improved the quality of life for myself and Mom's immediate family. Thank you Canyon Creek!

My mother has severe dementia and oft...

My mother has severe dementia and often times refers to me as her "best friend", rather than her daughter. The staff is loving and supportive both to myself and my mother, and rejoices with me along each step of this journey. The facility is beautiful, and my mother is always clean and well attended to. There are many activities on different levels for the residents and a lot of individual care and attention. This is the 3rd facility my mother has been in as her dementia has progressed and I looked carefully at all possible options with each move. This journey has been difficult and the staff and management at Canyon Creek has been professional and worked with me. I feel blessed to have mom living at Canyon Creek.

We were lucky to find Canyon Creek fo...

We were lucky to find Canyon Creek for my mother, who passed away last March. The entire staff felt like extended family. They were attentive and patient with all of us. I highly recommend Canyon Creek Memory Care.

Negligent Care

We utilized Canyon Creek Memory Care Facility in Billings for their respite care services. We needed a place for our mom to stay for 5 days while we attended a convention out of town. We were very specific in working with my mom's doctor and Canyon Creek staff to ensure her medication orders came through accurately and were received prior to our family leaving town. We left on a Thursday morning and on Saturday mid-day I called to see how my mom's visit was so far. When she got on the phone, I could tell something was wrong. She said she was sick and in bed. I asked her if she had been getting her medicine and she said she had not. My husband then called and talked with a nurse, who after some digging through records, told us that the order from the doctor with her medication directives, had been misfiled and that she had not been receiving her medication. We were not only shocked by the negligence but horrified at the mental and physical condition this had put my mom in. When we returned to Billings and picked up my mom, there was no acknowledgement that any mistake had happened and of course no apology. I was told repeatedly that the executive director would call me back and I have never heard from him. My mom voiced other concerns such as, the staff was warm and friendly while visitors were there, but when it was just the staff with patients, the staff was rude and treated the patients like small children, even ignoring their requests at times. This facility is very beautiful in appearance but the care for my mom was not only unacceptable, it was negligent.

Koelsch Senior Communities

We, at Canyon Creek Inn are genuinely sorry for this unfortunate situation and express our apologies to the family involved. Transitioning into a new environment for a short-term stay requires the utmost coordination for our residents and especially those with memory loss. At Canyon Creek we are committed to detailed and accurate medication management and we utilize written records that have been reviewed by the state with zero deficiencies. Fortunately, this particular situation was remedied immediately upon notification and remained consistent for the remainder of the resident’s stay. The Executive Director did meet with a member of the family following the incident and will not be charging the family for the stay. Our staff is passionate about helping both residents and family members feel comfortable in their new surroundings, and we take seriously their trust in the care provided by our professional staff.

RUN FAST

Absolutely the WORSE place possible. My mother needed a higher level of assisted care and we moved her there. They repeatedly tried to [removed] her up to the max. They tried to pit family members against each other constantly. They tried to force us to change doctors because they wanted a doctor who would prescribe as much medicine as they wanted. Our doctor met them half-way and my mom was a drooling mess, sleeping all the time, frequently incontinent, barely able to walk and slurring her speech. Then Canyon Creek wanted her on EVEN MORE MEDS. When I went ballistic over their effort to [removed] mom up even more, they threw her out on the street with only FIVE HOURS notice to the family! Utterly disgusting and contemptible place. BEWARE!!!

Koelsch Senior Communities

We at Canyon Creek are deeply saddened by this particular situation and understand the disappointment that the family must feel. It is rare and unfortunate when it happens but sometimes a community and a resident are not a good fit for a variety of reasons. While staying with us, this resident received excellent care under the close supervision of her physician and was able to fully participate in our activities, meals and social interactions. (We wish that this family member had been able to see the care first hand.) We express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that the family has experienced but are comforted to know that their mother quickly transitioned from our community directly and safely into the home of her daughter. We hope others will consider Canyon Creek based on the long standing reputation of excellence we have in Billings as well as our recent 2014 zero deficiency state survey.

So happy to have found Canyon Creek!

From the moment I stepped into the facility I was impressed. The beautiful decor makes for a homey, non institutional feel. Everything was immaculate. The residents were all dressed in outfits that matched and when they spill they take them to change. Their hair was combed and neat. The attention to detail in keeping the person's dignity was exceptional.

The staff paid close attention to the needs of the residents. Even the residents that were persistently calling out were acknowledged. I did not see anyone ignored because of their behaviors. In fact the staff seems to be very nurturing and loving toward each resident which really impressed me. They seem to be at there job because they really like what they do.

The thought that went into the layout of the facility was impressive. It allows for a central hub with legs extending from there which allowed for more visibility and a congregating place for the residents that want to be where the "action" is. The furnishings were beautiful and comfortable. There are chairs and seating everywhere. There is plenty of space for walks inside and out. There are several "community" rooms for movie/TV watching, reading, visiting, activities, etc. All quite cozy.

The residents have plenty of activities to keep them busy each day and do not spend much time in their rooms. They have a shuttle type bus for outside activities and drives. The facility is extremely safety conscious and secure.

My mother's physical condition had already improved just within 4 days because she was encouraged to get up and move around. While she is unable to speak, her visual ques and body language indicated to me that she too was liking her new home. All reports have continued to be positive about her care and stay. She has been there for about 3 weeks now.

I am very happy so far with Canyon Creek. They have been beyond my expectations.

Canyon Creek Memory Care Community is a Koelsch Senior Community, is exclusively designed and meticulously planned for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementias. Selecting a home for your loved one with memory loss is one of the most important decisions you and your family will ever make. Canyon Creek offers a helping hand when they need one, while supporting independence in a nurturing environment.

At Canyon Creek we form a supportive partnership with each family to provide the level of care, compassion, and attention your loved one deserves. To facilitate this, we look for guidance from family members regarding your loved one’s needs and preferences.

Our 24 hour on-site Licensed Nurses provide nursing services whether it’s in the middle of the night or on weekends. While some communities utilize CNA’s or train-on-the-job med-techs, we have Licensed Nurses providing medication and treatment management. They’re on-site 24 hours a day to make key decisions in emergency situations and recognize changes in a resident’s condition.

Our Respite (short stay) or Care by the Hour Programs allow family caregivers time away for personal appointments or vacations. Respite Care may also be helpful for medication management, temporary supportive care, and to introduce the services and amenities offered at Creekside Inn.

Koelsch Senior Communities has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy, “Treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need”.