Butterfield Place - Fort Smith, AR

A Nightmare for Assisted Living

My loved one used to live at Butterfield Place. We were told it was an assisted living community, but it's actually independent only. It would be wonderful for independent individuals, but for those who need assisted living, it's a nightmare. They do offer add-on services for those who need extra one-on-one care, but it's a pay-per-touch situation. Anytime a staff member checks in on you, it's an extra charge. It definitely adds up fast depending on what care is needed. The time my loved one was there was the longest four months of my life. We were disappointed that they marketed themselves to us as assisted living, but my loved one is now in a community that is a much better fit for us.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of our community. We value your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Lorriedawn, at [removed]. We hope to speak with you soon!

Moving In

My dad is in a good community that meets his needs. He likes the way the community looks and how it is set up. They have good activities. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have had some meals with him and it was very good.

Feels like Home!

My mom loves it here at Butterfield Place. It is nice and clean and very homey. In fact, I would like to move in here myself if they would let me! The staff is so very nice, [Removed] are so welcoming. The food is really good, plenty of choices to choose from. They offer snacks and refreshments for the residents and visitors. They offer different activities for the residents to participate in, my Mom's favorite is Bingo. They also watch movies, take them on shopping trips, and lunches out on the town. They recently took the residents on a trip to Crystal Bridges art museum followed by a lunch afterward. There are nice walkways that the residents can enjoy the outdoors and take their pets for walks too. There is a really nice courtyard with rocking chairs to relax in. The staff really go out of their way to care for my Mom and I feel she is in a safe and secure environment when I leave her in their care.

Mom Likes it Here

Everything is working out very well since my mother move to this community. She really likes it, and I'am comfortable with her move to this facility. This community is working out very well for my family, and I have already recommended it to my friends. It is a nice community.

Caring Staff!!

My dad is currently in this community and we have been content with how things have been going for him. The staff are kind and have provided him with great quality of care. They keep in good communication with my family and I and remain understanding in every situation. I would recommend this place to anyone interested.

A Move Is Not Easy

We have seen only the best since Mother has called Butterfield Place home. We cannot ask for a better "new home" for her.
There are so many activities for Mother to do, she has now started to take advantage of them. Proudly she tells us when she wins Bingo. She showed us a bookmark with a daisy that she had painted in Art Class. She went on to tell that she had not used watercolors since the fifth grade. Now, that was out of her comfort zone and her choice.
The meals are so well presented. There are so many choices on the menu. If she wants she can go get coffee or tea any time she wants.
The staff is so friendly and polite. The entire facility is so well managed too. It has been 66 years since Mother last moved. With the help of others, she had done well.

Need nutrious meals

I have a parent living at Butterfield Place for the last 10 years. There have been many changes some have been good but others have not. I feel that my loved one is living in a clean facility and the current manager is very caring. The dining is a very important role in making my loved ones life more enjoyable and it falls short on most days, my main concern is the nutrition value which I feel is very poor and a worry for my family. I believe they should provide 3 nutrious meals everyday it appears that on Sunday night the residents are getting hot dogs or a burned grill cheese sandwich. I do not believe they have a trained chef on staff. We pay a very high rent over $3700.00 a month for 1 person and are not getting what we are paying for. We are purchasing food in order to keep my loved one healthy and happy.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Butterfield Place take our reviews very seriously, and your feedback plays an integral role in helping us improve and get better each day. We are overjoyed to hear your mother has been with us in Butterfield Place for ten years now, but am very saddened to hear your comments and feedback on the food program. Our Resident Relations Team would love to hear from you and gain additional detail and insight around you and your mothers experience. When you're available, they're accessible by phone at [removed], and would love to hear from you. Thanks!

My mom and her " babies" moved to Butterfield Place, which is 15 minutes away from me!

Everyone is so nice and friendly !! My mom is fitting in really well! To find a place that accepted 2 yorkies, her babies, was quite a relief!!

Short experience

My loved one has only been here a short time, but it seems like a fairly nice place, so far. There are a few things I'd like to see them improve on.

I like Butterfield place. Totally satisfied!!

Good Experience

This is a great facility with positive vibes and positive staff and friendly environment.

Beautiful, clean, wonderful place

This is a great facility. We do have to move her to another facility because she needs more care, but this is a beautiful, clean, wonderful place. We do not want to leave, but it is a necessity.

pleased with everything

I am pleased with everything at Butterfield Place. The facility is very clean. The staff there are very friendly. It has been a really good experience. They do great job out there.

good experience

At Butterfield Place they are really good about making sure that if he doesn't go eat that he is getting proper nutrition. I really appreciate that they follow up with him. Overall it has been a good experience at this facility.

Very Caring

They are very caring and they really try to help with the transition into independent living. The only thing is in their information it says family can stay up to 30 days and they gave my husband 2 hours notice that he needed to evacuate the room. They should have at least told him a day before so he could have planned something.

They were strictly independent living

When we were looking for options we looked here. It was very nice, we liked it. They were strictly independent living, and we didn't want to have to move again if anything changes, and we end up needing care.

I cannot adequately express how happy I am to have my parents now living at Butterfield Place. The managers and staff here really, truly care about their "Butterfield Family." And it does feel like a family. The place always smells fresh and is clean. My parents are adjusting to this new phase of life which is hard under any circumstances. I am just so thankful there is a place like this where I can know they are getting loving care, really GOOD food, and have a community that love and accept them the way they are. Thank you, Butterfield Place!
From a Grateful Daughter

Diligent

They are very diligent in what they’re doing. The staff and the office people. They are very caring. The food could be modified a little bit. The diet is too high in salt and that’s not good for anyone. The activities are friendly.

It's a pretty nice place to be, if you are in that condition.

It's a pretty nice place to be, if you are in that condition. The people are nice, but the activities that they do don't really correspond with my way of living. They have good meals, for people that are going to be here until they die I suppose. To me it's like being around nine year olds or kids. They have the most marvelous managers I have ever seen, the guy who runs the place, you couldn't find a guy who is more accommodating. He is just the nicest guy. The people that work here all have great attitudes.

Mom liked it there

They have bingo and singing and this and that. I don't know all what they had there. The food was pretty good. My mother was there but she passed away a few weeks ago. She liked it.

Everything has been really great

We chose Butterfield Place because they offered more activities. My loved one has not participated in any activities which may be because of Alzheimers. But for those looking for a place with more to do I would recommend Butterfield Place.

Most Positive: Directors li...

Most Positive: Directors live on site and respond to emergency pull cord from rooms. 2. Personnel turn over not great so residents know personnel and vice versa.

Located on beautiful grounds within scenic Fort Smith, we’re a quiet community in northwest Arkansas. While you’ll enjoy the peacefulness of our facility, we’re also conveniently close to shopping, healthcare, dining, golfing and many other wonderful attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind