Burlington Gardens - Burlington, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

1and 2 bedroom rooms were a good size and balcony a nice bonus. Sit down lunch was too long.

So Far So Good!

My mother stayed here for a month of respite and decided to stay permanently. We are so grateful to have a safe, bright, social environment for my her to enjoy. Staff are just lovely from administration to the cleaning service. [Removed] was very helpful and patient with our large family that wanted to view her suite multiple times. There are lots of varied activities such as movie night, exercise classes, knitting club, bridge etc. (Too many to mention.) Frequent outings including a "mystery drive" weekly. (Last week it was to Niagara on the Lake to a chocolate factory.) Shuttle rides available to the malls and Walmart. They can provide transport to doctors appointments if in Burlington on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Light housekeeping provided weekly. Meals are good for the most part. There is a comfort station with hot and cold beverages and snacks available at all times. My mom loves that the "big meal" is at lunch, enjoys the "happy hour" and so pleased that there is a hair salon on site. For what you get cost wise I think it's fairly reasonable compared to other places. It's not super-elite but its a safe, clean, social environment that I think my mother will thrive in. We do worry about the potential price increase of 3-6% each year.

In Our Experience

The community is a nice place, it was the best place in my area that I saw when I was touring. I didn't have a lot of time and I wanted a place close to me for my mom. Her room is clean and spacious. However, the people who run it could be more nicer and accommodating.
It is very comforting that if she needs help she can call me or the doctor and there is always someone there with her. They have bus trips to the casino, which she enjoys. On Sundays they take a bus to church and afterwards, those who want to join in on Mystery Drive.
I am very happy to have found this place, I did not know they were in my area.

This looks like a nice facility.

Everyone has such a positive attitude at this community!!

My mother has really been having a positive experience at this community. I have had a chance to sit in on a few meals with her and they are absolutely delicious with lots of healthy choices. She has really enjoyed participating in many of the activities they offer as well as enjoying the company of the other residents. I like the many different amenities they offer to there patients including the fresh snacks throughout the day. It really has been a pleasure working with the staff at this facility they have been delightful.

Very nice place, clean, comfortable, very good food. However it it too far for our logistics.

Nice facility, looked older than 10 years though. Residents didn't seem as happy as those at Palermo.

Let's be Independent!

The community was very nice and the staff was helpful. I just would not recommend this place to anyone that would need any kind of assistance on a daily basis. This community is more for someone that is
independent. The staff is really good at keeping me informed about my loved one and there needs.

Great for independent living.

A wonderful transition for my mom

The home was very welcoming to my mom. Even though she is still settling, it has been a wonderful transition for her.
There is lots to do, the area is lovely and everyone is so very helpful.

burlington Gardens a great place

Burlington Gardens made choosing a safe, friendly active retirement home for my mother in law easy. It is a bright, airy and modern facility! Everyone (even the wait staff) are so friendly.
The suites are clean and inviting and my mother in law is looking forward to her move.

Appreciated Burlington Garden's attention to details.

My concern was the lack of contribution by [Removed]. Other than providing the name of a few retirement facilities, which was unnecessary because they all were available online, ,[Removed] contributed virtually nothing. It is assumed [Removed] received some compensation from Burlington Gardens regarding the placement; however, my opinion is that any fees were essentially unearned.

great professional service in a friendly atmosphere

Review of Burlington Gardens - Burlington, ON

My mom and I visited Burlington Gardens on 25 March 2016. Adam was a friendly and gracious host. The facilities were bright and well maintained the rooms (we looked at a 2-bedroom and 2 1 3dbedroom units) were spacious bright and well designed the dining room and the various activity areas were also spacious and bright. A concern for my mom was the length of the hallways (she has macular degeneration so distances and complexity are becoming issues). The menu and activity lists looked good and diverse.Our main concern was that just before the end of the visit Adam began what both of us considered to be a hard sell approach to buying a unit. Neither of us liked this approach which seemed so different from the rest of the tour and was particularly unwelcome since we had just begun to look at places (this was the first senior living place we had looked at

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community and for sharing your concerns with us. This type of feedback helps us continually drive improvements to our services and tour experiences. If you'd like to tell me more, please email me at [removed].

A Community that Cares

The introduction by a Place for Mom to Burlington Gardens in Burlington was the first of many positive experiences.

We (5 siblings) are the adult children of aging parents. Our parents were not sure if now was the time to move.

Our first phone call to Adam at Burlington Gardens resulted in a considerate, understanding and helpful response to all our questions and concerns. The invitation to come for a tour and enjoy lunch in the dining room was accepted. We were shown the available suites, met residents, staff and had an excellent lunch. Shikha, the Managing Director, is a professional leader with a great heart.

The process is complete now. Our parents are living at Burlington Gardens. We highly recommend checking it out!

Great Place For Seniors

It's a great place for seniors that are independent but might need some help doing day to day tasks such as housecleaning, or might need help with nutrition.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Burlington Gardens has been a positive one. It's a nice looking facility, and the staff seems friendly and professional. I would recommend them as being worth a look to families looking into senior living in the area.

Expensive!

We were paying $4000 a month for about 10 months then they raised the price to $4185 a month which is quite a jump when your barely able to afford keeping a loved one comfortable there at $4000.00. My mother says the food is very salty and a lot of her friends also complain about the food.

Amazing

Burlington Gardens is by far the best place anyone could ask for. From the first time that I went in for a tour to this present day they have gone so far above and beyond my expectations. The staff is incredible....they are not only friendly and helpful but they truly care about the residents. It is very clean and they have several programs for everyone's tastes. They have made extra effort in helping my dad settle as it was a very difficult transition for him. I cant say enough about this home. Anyone would be lucky to live here

Never went, but still had to pay.

My loved one never got to go to Burlington Gardens, but they still got their money. They seemed wonderful at the beginning, and very accommodating. However the rehabilitation center strongly recommended assisted living, and we realized this was no longer going to be a viable option for us. They insisted it would be a good fit and that I could hire the extra care, which would have added up to be quite expensive. He was quite rude and wouldn't even take the advice of several doctors, so we ended up paying for a month that we never used.

Kate Vance

We’re sorry to learn about your experience and we’d like to know more. Please reach out to us at [removed].

Nice retirement home

Nice and friendly people. The carpet in hallways and rooms need a good cleaning, otherwise all the common areas are clean. There is only 1 elevator which could use an update. The staff and residents are very nice and my parents are very happy to be at Burlington Gardens.

Nice retirement home

Very nice place, needs some updates in regards to the carpets, interior of the elevator, hallway carpets. Otherwise it's nice and friendly with quality staff.

They are phenomenal.

They are phenomenal. They are clean and the staff are friendly. We chose them based on the value. I have had quite a few dinners there, and the food was lovely. They have plenty of choices. The only critique is that they only have one elevator, and you can't move in during breakfast lunch or dinner, and there is always someone wanting to go up the elevator. I would move my parents into there, and I would go myself, tomorrow, if I could. The people who take care of the place, live here so they know the routine, they know if someone doesn't show for breakfast.

Burlington Gardens was a lovely facility and Adam Gray was very knowledgeable if the decision was mine alone I would pick this place over the rest. Everyone we met today were very friendly and most of all they all seemed happy.

Tucked away on picturesque grounds in the Golden Horseshoe region of Ontario, Burlington Gardens has proudly served Burlington families since 2007. Led by an experienced management team, this inviting residence offers a simplified, all-inclusive lifestyle that gives seniors more time to do what they love – without having to worry about chores and the burdens of maintaining a home.

Conveniently located near shops, restaurants and healthcare facilities, Burlington Gardens is the largest retirement community in the area – with 141 private apartments and eight independent cottages situated on five acres.

Community-wide amenities include three delicious meals a day prepared by an award-winning chef with more than 20 years’ experience, an engaging social calendar, an attentive 24-hour staff, outdoor common spaces and walking paths, scheduled transportation, a salon and barber shop, weekly housekeeping and much more.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.