Brookdale West Boynton Beach - Boynton Beach, FL

Brookdale West Boynton Beach - Boynton Beach, FL has yet not published prices.

Nice tour

This community was very nice and our tour was well done by the staff who were friendly and informative and answered all our questions. They served a good lunch and we enjoyed sitting and visiting with the other residents during lunch. I just did not think that would be to accommodate my mom's needs in the assisted living section.,

Nice, Big Rooms

This is a very nice facility to live in. My tour of it went very well. Everyone was very kind, and friendly. The community looked good, and everything appeared to be well maintained. I really like the room they showed me, it was nice with a lot of open space. Everything went very well, and this is a community I would had felt comfortable moving my friend too.

Wonderful community!

We have been very pleased with Brookdale West Boynton Beach and feel fortunate to have found an environment so well-suited for my 65 year old brother. The entire staff has been very helpful with the transition and are attentive to his needs. We would highly recommend this Brookdale community!

A good option...

When I toured the Brookdale West Boynton Beach, I thought it was a very nice community but not the right fit for my father. That is personal preference. The staff was welcoming and friendly.

Excellent tour. Crystal was outstanding!

Review - See above

Making a change from a previous senior home to Brookdale was a success.

so far I am pleased with Brookdale, however the mechanics respond the my request quite sluggishly.

[Removed]
Unit 302

Mom did a short respite stay at this community.

This community is nice and they keep it well taken care of. The staff were nice and they tried to help mom the best they could. Unfortunately, mom's care level was to high for them. She liked the food. I would recommend this community for residents that are a little more independent.

Good Experience

We had a a good experience here at this community. They did a very good job caring for him and his needs. They were very attentive and kind. I would say they do need more activities available for the residents. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this community, it is a nice place.

The food and food service need serious improvement

Despite numerous complaints, management doing nothing to improve the abysmal quality of food and dining room service. The argument that menus and recipes are dictated by corporate is a cop-out if the meals aren't properly executed. Meals are one of the few things the elderly residents have to look forward to. LISTEN to the residents. The menu is limited and monotonous, but much more importantly, your kitchen staff is inept. Over-cooked proteins, awful sauces, indifference to specific resident complaints. Get your act together! Require at least one member of management to eat lunch and dinner daily with the residents until things improve.

Maintenance is very responsive. Friendly front desk and helpful office staff.

toured. very nice. a good possibility.

I felt at home immediately!!!

From the moment I was greeted at the door, until we all said goodbye, I was treated with respect, kindness and professionalism.

I did not at anytime feel pressured or like I was being sold. I knew this tea had my best interests at heart and were truly looking as their name says looking for a solution for me and my family!

Great job.

Happy Son

Staff is very nice to my mother and always attentive. Every issue I have had has been dealt with in a timely manner. The staff and leadership really care for the residents. The food is good, and my mother is happy.

Not My Type of Style

My tour of this community was okay. It is a decent community, but not my parents style. The staff I met was kind and friendly. From what I saw everything appeared to well maintained. It was a decent tour, but not the place for my parents.

Happy with the communication!

The staff at Brookdale West Boynton Beach are doing an excellent job communicating with me. I am very pleased with the community. It is well kept and very clean. They have neutral colors throughout making it feel bright and welcoming. They have a variety of food choices available.My loved one finishes all of her food and has been eating well. They offer a wide range of activities and the staff encourage residents to participate.

A beautiful community!!

I would recommend Brookdale West Boynton Beach. My mom is doing well there and after some assistance from the staff she is now participating in the activities on her own. She enjoys playing Bingo. The food looks good and my mom seems to like it. The staff are nice and attentive to the residents. I would recommend to families of loved ones with dementia to ask the community what is the best way to transition them into the community.

Reconsider

My Mother-in-law was placed in this facility in November 2015, Everything was presented as a place where we would feel secure knowing she is in a safe place....well the opposite couldn't be more true! This facility has been run very poorly, there is a high turn over of staff, including the Director (the Fourth in two years). On the weekends there are only two staff members to take care of the whole facility, that is real comforting! My mother-in-law wears a wrist band which has a call button when she needs assistance, well she has numerous times pushed the button and numerous times it either took a very long time to respond or no there was no response at all! She has contacted us at home (thank God we are very close by) and we have had to go over to do the job that the staff should be doing! Oh, and the food at the facility is horrible! Just visit and get the "Real Testimonials" from the remaining tenants (by the way occupancy has dropped and not because the tenant has passed!). Reconsider placing your loved one at the Brookdale West Facility!

Lots of problems including staff - they can't keep any - it seems like a morgue - residents are flocking away

Nice place, but could be more proactive

My experience with Brookdale West Boynton Beach has been somewhat of a mixed one. I feel they generally do an above average job in terms of things like the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff, but I am finding that I need to be involved and advocate for my loved one more than I think should be necessary. She has received good care here, and has improved, but a lot of that is due to me staying on top of them to make sure she is getting the care they advertised.

Stay Away

My mother lives there but not for long. Constant firing and turnover of management. They just cleaned house once again and at the moment there are no managers. Residents get accustomed to these people and then they are yanked away for virtually no reason. Most of the Staff could care less. Dining room servers are nasty and throw the food at you and cannot wait to take your plate so they can clean up and go home. No customer service, food is high school cafeteria at best. Care staff who handle medication are very short with residents. I suggest find another place for your loved one. Activities are non-existent. Most resident complain of nothing to do while the 'director' runs around talking to herself and annoying the staff that are trying to do there work.

planning to leave

The care services that they have are generally very good and well managed, but some of the aids are less than friendly. There is also not very much to do and nowhere for the residents to congregate other than the main lobby. My father is not too happy with the people or his overall stay there and is planning to leave before too much longer.

First Class for my Mother with moderate dementia. Staff very Friendly and her room looks just like her bedroom at home.

Very disappointing--don't be misled!

Under new management, which I hope is a good thing. The marketing/sales is excellent but VERY misleading. Absolutely unorganized facility with poor planning for the move/transition. NO welcoming plans and no one even present on moving day. They did not even have the correct meds. Three days later we found out that one of our loved ones never got her key medications!! Unexcusable. They rated the level of care very low for both of our family members, even after a supposed evaluation. Within the week, they escalated the care level--a "bait and SSwitch" tactic.

Things are hopefully improving but Brookdale has been in place for > 6 months and things are still pretty bad.

Brookdale Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

I am very happy and feel that my Mom is safe here in this community.

The apartment was completely redone, it looks wonderful! On Mom's first day in the community, the staff had already learned her name and she was being addressed by her name. I give them a five+ for friendliness! I believe that you get more than what you pay for in this community. I am very happy and feel that my Mom is safe here in this community.

Look somewhere else.

My mother stayed here for about 5 months. The lobby and most of the first floor is nice, however, the more you look the more you see run down and dirty areas. The food is school cafeteria at best. The servers are horrible. I ate there twice with my mother. They throw the food at you, they talk in creole to each other, they are rude and ignore the residents. The room where they dispense medication is very small and hot. There is a waiting line and the staff is very rude yelling at residents who are confused. No activities to speak of and absentee management. They just don't seem to care. STAY AWAY!!

experience was very good

The sales experience was very good. The transition was a little rough at times, and the medical nursing staff was ok, but not great. There were too many people with accents that were hard to understand.

The food is really good, and the staff has been very cooperative. It's been a really good overall experience.

OK not great

care could be better - some of the staff is lazy and uncaring - others are wonderful - food needs improvement - not very good - no special diets such as diabetic - too many carbs for elderly people and not enough meat. unlimited activities and no one make sure that the residents who can't go on their own participate

Homey, caring staff, good location for our family

I thought that the place is very homey, and the staff seem to be very friendly and caring. The residents that we spoke with seem very happy.

Residents who live there tell me the care is good. When I asked the staff they came across as caring about the residents.

The location is fine, because it is in between my brother and me.

A special on the rate on the room also played a role in our decision.

Disappointed.

The room was not ready although they knew almost 2 weeks in advance the move in date.
Most of the aides are not friendly. What we were told we would get is not what we are receiving. We cannot afford much so that's where mom will be for now but I find that I have to be there everyday to ensure all is going well.
I am disappointed and hope that once all the issues are addressed it will all be resolved.

I was very impressed with E...

I was very impressed with Emeritus at Boynton Beach and put my Mom on the waiting list for a studio apartment.

Nice place overall

Overall I think they're doing a good job at Emeritus at Boynton Beach. It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff are friendly and professional for the most part. However, they really need to have more activities for the residents in the memory care section, I don't think I've ever seen them do anything.

Both my parents were at emeritus. My...

Both my parents were at emeritus. My mom was in memory care and dad in assisted living (1 bedroom). The rent can be very expensive. More interactive activities would help. Quicker response to call buttons is also needed.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that you and your loved ones’ experience with us didn’t meet your expectations. We are pleased to inform you that we have revamped our activities program and for the entire summer we have a “cruising” theme for the all residents, both in Assisted Living and Memory Care, complete with bi-monthly celebration lunches and a Casino day. We appreciate your comments regarding our response times to call buttons. We acknowledge that this has been an issue for us; however, our Executive Director, as well as our Resident Care Director, have restructured this system and now do bi-weekly assessments of call button response times. We now have an average response time of 7-10 minutes for all call buttons. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience, we invite you to reach out to our community management team.

Great Sales Pitch; All Lies

Charles Munro will promise you anything, don't believe him. Management makes a hard sales pitch. Then you try to move in but nothing has been cleaned and all the things you were promised are nowhere to be found. The medical techs are rude, uneducated, and treat the residents, the family members, and outside professionals with no respect or dignity. The aides are not trained, not supervised, and not held accountable for anything that violates the law. The food is terrible. The residents are very unhappy. There are a few employees who exceed all expectations, unfortunately there are none of these in management positions. Do not choose this place. The sales pitch is the only reason they remain in business.

David Virden

Thank you for your feedback. You will be pleased to know that Charles is no longer with us. In fact, we have brought in a new management team who is dedicated to creating a new environment of superior care for our residents. If you haven't seen Emeritus at Boynton Beach lately, we invite you to come back and see the improvements that have taken place at this beautiful retirement community.

Charles was not in and we w...

Charles was not in and we waited 20 minutes for him. Another gentleman at the front desk showed me a room. This is an average facility but it is not close to Delray Beach.

Lots of Common Space

They were good, the only problem is that the people down south are miserable in general. He had a girlfriend at Emeritus, and he was fed, but the quality is better now, and he's not eating chicken all the time. They didn't seem to do a lot with them down there, they would take them out, but they didn't get out and get any fresh air. The cleanliness was good, but you have such an influx of different people there, there was a huge turnover of employees, even the director. Emeritus had a larger area for the people to congregate. They had an area by the elevator with couches and music playing, and a screened in outside patio for fresh air. Down stairs, they had a TV and movies, there was an are by the nurses station, and the dining area. That's four areas for people to hang out. It was much larger, their locked down area was 4 times the size of where he's at now.

Very Slow Response Time

They made a lot of promises but some of them really don't happen. My mom is in a wheelchair and she needs assistance with bathrooming and they said that wouldn't be a problem. Well, you ring for them to come and it could be and hour before they come. Sometimes they come and sometimes they don't and that becomes a problem. My dad still helps my mom a lot. We were hoping that she would get more care over there. She can't really transfer herself from the wheelchair so she needs help and an hour is a long time to wait.

Sometimes I call and they don't call me back. The other day I called to speak to the social director because my dad's birthday is in October and I wanted to have cake for everyone. She didn't call me back. I sent her an email and I never received an answer.

Overall I think it's a good place for them to be but I think I would like to see them a little quicker on the response time.

Went on a tour and the plac...

Went on a tour and the place is very nice and Charles was very pleasant.

You Have to Advocate for Yourself/Family Member

The residents need to go to a central location in order to receive care. You're always advocating for yourself or for your family member. It's kind of like sit and wait and I get to you when I get to you. Any specialized needs that are out of the box are too much effort. Rather than being treated like an individual you have to fit into the assembly line. For the responsiveness to needs, you have to walk this fine line between delicately asking and insisting and if you become insistant they just take longer to get to you.

Physically this is a better situation for my dad. He had his own apartment, privacy, and more indepenence. Something that I like about Emeritus is they have a higher licensing level to they have more knowledge of dementia.

Absolutely terrible

I would not refer the Emeritus at Boynton Beach to anyone. It looks nice on the outside but is an absolute hell hole on the inside. The sales pitch is great, they tell you what you want to hear but the place is in turmoil. They are understaffed, never return calls. We've had a terrible experience with them, but it has been educational. I learned that getting good care is not about how much you pay, they are expensive and still don't provide proper care.

attractive, witnessed warmth in resid...

attractive, witnessed warmth in resident/staff interactions, excellent memory care unit, also indep lvg, medcaid diversion accepted after 2 yrs, homemade food, no pool, OK outdoor space, sm OK studio apt, paint peeling in library

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system