Brookdale Tracy - Tracy, CA has yet not published prices.

Excellent service from Exec director; clean, comprehensive services, residents and staff all appear very happy.

they do laundry too
small facility
fairly more geriatric less independent living clients
staff seemed nice
lunch was acceptable but only one entree choice with soup and salad starters Dining room open 7-7...

Staff Is Wonderful

Mom is doing very well here we saw her yesterday and she seems content and well-adjusted. She is starting to meet the residents and making some friends. She is doing some activities not many which are fine. She loves the breakfast they serve and the coffee. If mom decides that she doesn't want to go to the dining hall to eat any meal they go out of their way to make sure she eats and they will bring her food to her in her room. They are very attentive and encouraging to the residents. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Care and comfort for dad

The care from this community is wonderful. The community is nice and clean and they have a nice list of activities. We wanted them to have better contact with the families. They did not contact us when he was injured. I am hoping for more communication with the family members. We would recommend the over all care and good value for the care of a loved one.

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints of how things had went for my tour of this community. I was torn between this location and another Brookedale I had looked at. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. There honestly was nothing wrong with what I had seen they had a lot to offer there residents, it was just the other location was better for my family distance why.

So far so good

Brookdale Tracy is a beautiful community. It is very warm and inviting. The staff is very welcoming when I come to visit. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her needs. My wife seems very happy here so far. I've dined there with her several times and the meals that they serve are very good. She really likes the meals that they prepare. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. There is also a miniature golf, and pool table, a salon, and a recreation room. The outside is nicely landscaped with beautiful sitting areas for residents to relax. I would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

Good care both times

Our loved one had lived here at Brookdale Tracy before and they took such good care of her then, so we brought her back for a short respite stay while I had to be out of town. They have a certified medical team on hand, and the staff is very friendly and caring and did a good job taking care of her needs. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. They have a very nice open dining room set up restaurant style. They cater to the dietary needs of the residents, in our case, diabetic meals. It is a very nice community with a lot of amenities. There is a calendar of activities for the residents to choose what activities are planned for the day. There is a beauty salon, pool table, and game rooms. There is a backyard secured area with a BBQ and a miniature golf for the residents to enjoy. We would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

Very Pleased With Our Choice

Mom is very happy here. She is making new friends and going to bingo, and movie night. She is enjoying the food good portions and tastes good.
The staff is friendly very nice and professional. The landscaping is done very well they keep it looking very nice and neat. There is a nice courtyard with nice benches to sit and talk The inside is always bright and clean. Once we did the phone interview and then toured the community there was no reason to go anywhere else I was sold. I would highly recommend this community

My dad is settling in

My dad seems to be settling in pretty well at Brookdale Tracy and the staff seems very nice.
There are a lot of activities for the residents and my dad knows about them if he should want to take part. He has used the shuttle bus a few times to go to the store when he has needed something.
Dad likes eating in the dining room and is satisfied with what they are serving and they do offer an alternative should he want something different.
I would recommend Brookdale tracy to my friends and family.

Overall he was happy!!

My loved one recently had a short respite stay at this community and he was happy with how things had went. The staff where attentive to his needs and I was comfortable with the care he was provided with. He had no complaints about the meals and participated in a few of the activities they had available. The only complaint I have would be the price, I believe I had over paid for what he received.

Fine stay!

My loved one is fairly happy with his transition to Brookdale. The facility is clean and the staff are sure to take care of him. Though my loved one is a picky eater, the meals are fine. There are also plenty of activities available.

Our visit

The staff I met at this community seemed nice. This is a step down community and we were looking for a more secure memory care community. The community was clean and I would say it is worth taking a look at.

My tour

This community seemed clean when we visited. The staff we met were nice. This is a small community and it did not seem like a very active place while we were there. It felt depressing. This community would not work for mom.

Outstand Care for Mom

This is a great community. A clean community, but a little short staffed with the house cleaning. The food is outstanding. Alot of great activities to keep mom busy and active. This community cares about the excellent care that is given. I would highly recommend this community to families.

Great Care for Mom

The community here is wonderful. The staff is outstanding. The meals are well balance and wonderful for my mom. The activities are wonderful and alot to do. We highly recommend this community for excellent care in everyway.

A Pleasant Tour

My tour of this community went very well. The staff was very kind and friendly. They answered my questions, they were very informative. From what I saw the community looks nice and well maintained. It was a pleasant tour.

My nephew and I both toured this facility. We were very impressed and would have chosen this until we discovered that his mother is considered to have Dementia. We could not afford the Dementia unit at this facility

Administration Needs To Be Trained Better

My mother in law is doing well at this community and she seems to have adjusted well. My only problem has been with the administration, they need to be trained better. The care staff is caring for my mother in law well. Her room is nice and beautiful. She really loves the food, they do serve a well balanced meals. I would recommend this community, I would just say be ready to deal with the administration and their problems.

Great place for Mom

This has been a good place for our Mother. The staff is very good with the residents and treat everyone so special.

a slow start to get staff to come around to visit with mom. It been 2 weeks now, and getting more familiar.

Very friendly staff

I think the friendliness of the staff and the people is good. This is what makes it a good place.

Dirty room

My husbands room was pretty dirty, He's COPD and has a lot of Kleenex laying on the floor. Clothes that should have been washed wasn't. He's in the memory section and he's not involved in the activities. He's in the front of the TV. They misplace things all the time.

Slow Dining Room

Dining room has been slow and my dad has to wait for an hour to get his food.

It's very nice. We have no complaints at this time.

It's very nice. We have no complaints at this time.

nice facility

Brookdale Tracy is a nice facility. It is very clean. The staff are very friendly there. The value is good and the care services are good.

Not Enough Staff

They could improve on the response times. Also have more people in the cafeteria, because there is just not enough help. When the residents ring the bell there is no response between 30 minutes to an hour, so that is just unacceptable. There is just not enough people.

She likes it a lot. It's going very well, so far.

She likes it a lot. It's going very well, so far. I don't have any complaints. The activities are fine, and I haven't heard complaints about the food at all. It's been pretty positive so far.

A peacefulness

Thankyou for your assistance! I am recommending A Place for Mom. Erika gave me the help I needed and her compassion helped no less. I feel my mother's happiness and last night found her getting Great nursing care. This is what I have been seeking all along. Thank you so much.
Celia Chavez

Pefect for Mom

We have found that Emeritus in Tracy, CA offers exactly what our Mom needs. She is more active now and making friends. She participates in activies and outings. Before she was sitting at home with bouts of depression. The staff are outstanding and caring. They check in on her and help with any of her needs. She is currently in the independent living and the staff are outstanding. We are able to go and eat with her in the dinning room and spend time with her, when she is available and not busy with her new and exciting life :-)
Best move we and her ever made.
Thank you Emeritus for your outstanding services and care.

DON'T OVERLOOK IT

First 30 days has gone by. The staff is super friendly, which is awesome. The care staff is very attentive, although short-staffed. They do the best they can. The only drawback so far is that the food is definitely not top notch. Maybe it takes some getting used to. They have just been acquired by Brookdale, so are working out a few kinks.
It is a very homey environment. Rooms are very nice size.

Good place and somewhat reasonable cost wise although my aunts income does not cover full cost so I and my brothers and sisters have to help cover the costs so I'm hoping there will not be an increase in her monthly rent.

My 87 year old aunt loves her apartment, the aides and support staff. She says the food is okay. Her laundry is done and her apartment vacuumed by staff once a week.

It's an older facility, but the place is clean and there are lots of activities. Also, a some of the other residents who live there seem to like it as well. I've not met one resident who has voiced any complaints.

Support staff seems to be very responsive to requests I.e., broken shower, lighting fixtures etc.

When I placed my aunt in assisted living at Emeritus, Tracy, I was very hesitant about my decision. I felt like a mother leaving her child for the first time, but I have no regrets thanks to the staff who continue to keep my aunt healthy and happy.

Look Before You Leap

I agree with poorly trained staff comments. The staff does their best under a management team who does not seem to know or care much about Alzheimer's. They do not receive support from management for difficult situations. Please look carefully before you leap. Aunt was [removed] constantly by another resident and they did nothing to help the situation. There are better options out there. Just take your time to research. It's worth not making the same mistake that my uncle made.

Poorly trained staff, in my experienc...

Poorly trained staff, in my experience. The young ladies seem incapable of dealing with a person with dementia. I would not send anyone here if it was the last place on Earth. I pulled out my parent a few months ago and should have sooner. If the management of the Memory Care side of this facility is not replaced, please, for the Love of your Parent, do not use this facility.

'Liked everything about thi...

'Liked everything about this facility. Not too sure about the food service. Waiting to see what happens when they merge with Brookside. Was told it might be changed to be similar to sister facility in San Ramon. Residents were very friendly and seemed to be happy and quite involved in the activities offered. Many field trips offered.

Spotless

They’re spotless! The staff they have is a five plus! We were very happy with this community.

All in all a pretty good job, communication, could be better.

Their maintenance staff is extremely responsive, the ladies behind the counter would get a four. I like the food most of the time, I understand the lunch meal is larger and it's outstanding, the dinner meal is sometimes a little lacking, some times I feel like they could do a little better than a hot dog. Communication especially for a new person, could be improved. I felt like they did a very poor job communicating what to expect for a new person. They were very welcoming but they didn't say that when you are in assisted living someone is going to come through the door at 7:00 just to check on you. The laundry and cleaning person didn't come and introduce themselves like they said they would. We chose it for a couple reasons, one was the memory care facility, right onsite, so when the time comes, we can easily transition, and their memory care didn't feel like a nursing home. They seem to do activities and they seemed to eat the same food. The second reason was the reasonable price.

Emeritus at Heritage Place, Tracy Review

We had an urgent situation where we had to move my Dad from one state to another and be placed in a memory care facility. We literally had 48 hours to make it happen. A Place For Mom AND staff directors at various Emeritus locations WERE fantastic and went above and beyond in assisting us in getting admission to the Tracy facility. Many worked over the weekend to make this happen on a Sunday. Very grateful for everyone's help.

Part of that urgency to get this move of my father accomplished, I was overwhelmed with the tasks and in retrospect should have done more research, but time was against us. And for the same reasons, more disclosure, especially when it came to pricing could have been more forthcoming. We were quoted $3125/mo for a shared bedroom which fit in my father's budget. Reps from both APFM and Emeritus did mention, but didn't think additional expenses would exceed $1000. It wasn't until after my father was admitted that we sat down to review the contract and the total was going to be $4,600. We paid for 40 days (30 day req minimum) This minimum was also never mentioned up front. They basically accepted and admitted my father without a contract or signature knowing full well they would get 30 days of revenue - $6,903. I'll get less than $1000 back. So, not completely happy with finances, but again, I realize the crazy situation and take at least 1/2 the responsibility for knowing or asking the right questions.

My father was at the Tracy facility for 6 short days. I must say that the staff, all the way from the community director to the staff nurses, everyone was friendly, attentive and just wonderful. Activities for the residence and I thought appropriate levels of activities given the age and mental conditions of the patients. Hat's off to the nurses.

Nurse to patient ratio of 1:8 is pretty high, but never felt like patients were neglected.

As far as cleanliness goes, this is the only complaint I would have. My father's bathroom smelled like urine the entire time I was there visiting. I don't know how often the bathroom's were cleaned. Also, some of the padded furniture outside the main lobby smelled or urine too. Not unexpected at a place like this, but I think better care could be taken care of to ensure these smells are not long term.

The grounds were very nice, rooms decent size, dining and food seemed to be good.

On balance, if the cost was more affordable, I may have chosen to leave my father at this facility. But we very quickly found a board and care residence 1 block from my own house for $800/mo cheaper and so we moved him out of the facility.

Couldn't be more pleased.

Not my mom, but rather my sister. Now living at Emeritus in Tracy, she is the happiest she has been in years! When, living alone, she was always depressed. Now, she involves herself with the other residents and is active in all of the activities there and loves it. I couldn't be more pleased with this decision.

Jeannie and Director were v...

Jeannie and Director were very helpful and they knew all the names of the residents. However, they only have shared rooms with only a few single rooms which I'm looking for. Also, looks like it used to be a nursing home/medical facility that was at some point turned into memory care. Residents were well dressed and taken care of. No mystery smells.

My Brother Was Too Young

We were referred there but my brother was too young so he wouldn't fit their criteria because he was only 59. It was a real nice facility. My brother wanted to stay there but their director felt that it might be okay to start but in the long run it probably wouldn't have worked out so we got home care for him after that.

Food is great - like a restaurant!

I chose the Emeritus at Heritage Place because when I went there the residents were awake, busy, clean, and well groomed. There may have been a couple of people napping, which I'd expect but most people have something to do. And the Emeritus keeps my loved one busy. I would absolutely recommend the Emeritus at Heritage Place.

Nice. Older, but remodeled. Close t...

Nice. Older, but remodeled. Close to church. Too expensive--at least 3750 per mo plus 5% increase each year.

WENT ON THE TOUR. THIS COMMUNITY IS ...

WENT ON THE TOUR. THIS COMMUNITY IS A REAL BEAUTY. EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. THE LIVING QUARTERS WAS ROOMIER THAN I EXPECTED AND THEIR BUILDING RENOVATION IS SOMETHING TO BE VERY PROUD OF.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.