Brookdale Staunton - Staunton, VA

Brookdale Staunton - Staunton, VA has yet not published prices.

Nice rural setting but close to Staunton/Verona, very clean and updated furnishings, friendly staff, I was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked this place..

Quality facility. Well located near major roadways. Professionally staffed. Beautiful dining room and outdoor areas. Noticed slight odor of urine in memory care unit, but otherwise very clean and comfortable. Very impressed with the schedule of activities and entertainment for the residents.

Very Helpful Staff at this Community

So far everything is working out pretty well for my wife since her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. They have a very helpful staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Everything is well-kept when I come to visit. There are activities offered for her when she is ready to participate. She is pleased with the meals, and the dining experience. I would recommend this community, it is working out well for us.

Helpful Staff!!

My aunt has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very pleased with how things are going for her. The staff are wonderful people and have been attentive to her needs to the best of there ability. She has had no complaints about the meals they serve , she just wishes they could do it more in a timely manor. They have a lovely activity program available to all of the residents throughout the week to keep them busy. I would recommend them to anyone interested.

Enjoying My Time at This Community

I'am doing very well with my move to this community. This is a really nice community, and everything is working out very well. I'am enjoying my stay at this community. Everyone has been very kind, and friendly. I've lived in a lot of other communities, and this is the best one I have ever lived in. This is a community I would recommend, it is a great place.

Fantastic placement for our family

I have been absolutely pleased to have been able to place my mother with Brookdale of Staunton. It was a very stressful set of events that took my mother from independent living and over the course of just a couple of months to finding a home with their Clare Bridge program, but Brookdale made it as painless as possible. Learning that they are a national organization helped greatly when it became necessary to assess her for placement when she was out of state at the time. They sent their own people to her in Tennessee so I did not have to worry about what to do while trying to move her closer to me where I could better manage her needs making any adjustments as they arose. They have worked hard to manage all of her care and requests even for a vegetarian diet and help finding friends. The staff has always been extra friendly, patient and willing to go out of their way to help. The cost compared to similar places close by was phenomenal, even half the cost of a similar placement just a couple of miles away. I simply couldn't be more pleased!

Not close enough!

We liked the community when we took the tour. The place was clean and neat for us. They had a lot of things to do with the residents. We just did not like the location of the place. It was to far for dad.

Not big enough!

We got to take a tour of this community and liked it. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. They showed us around and the community is beautiful. The only thing that would not work for dad is that they only offer twin beds and my dad is a bigger gentleman.

Things are going well at Brookdale Staunton.

My husband likes living at this community. The staff are nice, however sometimes they are quick to respond and sometimes they are to busy to respond quickly. The food is not the best. They offer daily activities and sometimes they have entertainers come in and they are pretty good. The community is well taken care of and I would recommend it.

Informative and Helpful

With all the issues and concern noted when trying to find care for a loved one, Brookdale/Staunton was very helpful with providing information and support. Their help with coordinating the transfer/paperwork/actions with the state hospital during our mother's transfer made the stressful activity more bearable and gave us peace of mind when she was finally transferred to Brookdale.

An Easy Process

Things are going well for my father in law at this community. Everything about this place is wonderful. The staff is great, they are very kind and very helpful to us. They are caring for him very well here. There are many activities for the residents to choose from. He likes the meals, they do sever a well balanced meal. This was an easy process and everything is working well.

Friendly, helpful staff

Our experience with Brookdale Staunton has been a very good one, overall! They do a fantastic job with the on-boarding process. The administrative staff was a huge help with all the paperwork, and once Mom moved in they put a lot of effort into making sure she was settled and comfortable! So far we're completely satisfied!

Earlier review of Emeritus.

After only 9 days @ Emeritus, I can say that so far the staff and medical support have been very good. However, it is sometimes difficult to speak with the nursing staff as they are not readily available to answer the telephone. It may take several tries. But when they do answer the phone, they are knowledgeable. I can't speak for the food but my mom says it is good. She is a picky eater.

Emeritus appears to be weak in the area of activities for the residents. Appears to be little activity or participation from the residents as well. Most residents don't seem to be very active. Why, I am not sure.

Friendly, people oriented community!

Overall I think they do a great job at Emeritus at Staunton. The staff are all very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. It's just a very friendly, people-oriented place in general, they take great care of the people who live here! Emeritus is in the process of merging with another senior living company, which has caused a little confusion as they get all that worked out, but overall we are very pleased.

Everyone is very, very nice!

I like that everyone is very, very nice. Everyone is legitimately good in what they do. I would get more staff in their dining facility, according to my mom. No complaints about food though, just think they could use more help.

Understaffed

My loved ones were here for less than a month before we moved them. I felt that the community was very understaffed. There were at least 100+ residents and not enough caretakers to fit all of their needs. Lots of things slipped through the cracks, like my father not having his walker when he needed it or residents not being accounted for. Safety and the wellbeing of the residents was a concern.

I'm very pleased with them.

I'm very pleased with them. I have eaten a couple meals there and I have been pleased. The portions are on the small side, but you can ask for more, and they will give you more. I've really had a problem getting medication straightened out as far as the insurance, I don't know if there is anything Emeritus can do about that. The cost was a lot but way less than a lot of other places, and the pysical building is so nice, and it is a very family oriented place.

Excellent tour and very inf...

Excellent tour and very informative staff. Mom felt at home here.

Our only concern was that mom seems t...

Our only concern was that mom seems to fall somewhere betwen the dimensi and assisted wards, and she would need to be in the locked dimensia ward. Court yard for walking, but not much freedom which has been becoming more of a problem anyways.

I found director to be a wonderful re...

I found director to be a wonderful resource as well as Activities director !!! The home was delightful. Definitely a competitor.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.