Brookdale San Pablo - San Pablo, CA

Brookdale San Pablo - San Pablo, CA has yet not published prices.

Adequate facility. With Brookdale, the services are a la carte and my dad's conditions require lots of services and adding them to the base creates a cost a little beyond our budget.

I'm doing OK here

It is nice and comfy here. The staff is friendly and helpful. I like to sit and read my books. If there is an activity I want to join I will. I get 3 good meals a day with options. They offer a shuttle if I need to go to the doctor or the grocery store. I have a 1bdrm apartment and they will clean 1x weekly and do my laundry. We have a nice courtyard area also. I would recommend this community.

Nice facility. Residents were actively engaged in activities. Staff was very understanding of any concerns of the residents....I saw one of them carefully explaining an upcoming appointment to one of the residents who was anxious about getting to the appointment. Dining room was neat and well lit.

Perfect fit for mom

This community is doing very well for my mother. The caregivers I was impressed by they are friendly and attentive to mother. They try to engage her in the daily activities. When she goes to the dining room she engages socially and the food isn't bad but room for improvements. There is a variety of food if you'd like something different. It is very nice and clean I think my mother is getting her money's worth they do a lot for her. I would recommend this to my friends.

The price is right for what you get.

When I was started to look at facilities for my dad, I spoke with Rex at A Place for Mom and he was wonderful. I saw him more like a counselor rather than a sales-person. He sent me a few places to tour and one of them was Brookdale San Pablo. It was a typical assisted living facility. It was an older building and there were recently updating the rooms and some of the residents were leaving. The rest of the building and décor needs an update though, not just the rooms. I would have put my Father here if they had a room ready for him. The only rooms they had available at the time were the older rooms. When I asked when one would be ready, it just wasn’t in my time frame. I really didn’t have a problem with this facility. The price point is right for what you get here. I would recommend this facility.

Better than I expected!

Things have been going better than I anticipated. My father is really enjoying the activities they have to offer. The staff has been great. They are caring and make him feel comfortable. I have had many meals with him and the food is great. I would recommend this community to anyone looking.

Very nice facility!

Brookdale San Pablo has a very warm and caring staff. [Removed], the executive director, and [Removed], the activities director, have been especially welcoming and helpful to my aunt. Exceptionally large, spacious rooms!

Great help !!!!

The staff is very supportive.

GREAT PLACE

The staff is amiable & helpful. The grounds are well maintained. There is ample free parking for visitors. The food is plentiful and you have a variety of choices at every meal and healthy snacks are available in the lobby. Mail delivery works fine. [Removed] , Executive Director is available and helpful.

Outstanding Community!

This is a excellent community. The manager [Removed] was outstanding! The staff is caring and friendly. They offer great activities.The community is very clean and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this community to other families for great over all care.

Will see what happens when she can actually stay there

Rocky start. My sister needs meds given to her and it has taken a long time to set up due to both MDs and nursing staff. She moved July 29 and has had to stay at night withme(sister). She's had some difficulty with all day dining and alternate menu. She's diabetic and vegetarian and the dining staff seem reluctant to accommodate her. They are way understaffed in the dining room and staff are harried and sometimes rude. They have yet to assemble two shelving units that she needs to organize her room and closet. She's developed severe acute short term memory loss and confusion which hopefully will be temporary. Director seems receptive and willing to resolve problems but things move SLOWLY. Housekeeping and attendants are friendly and helpful and many residents are friendly. There seems to be a large number of confused residents so

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Great Value

My dad is a resident and seems to be very happy there, besides not being allowed to smoke in his room. The value is extremely good. The food is good according to him. The staff, from my interactions with them, are very friendly and kind. It's definitely a good place to consider.

My mom likes it there.

Its very good for the rate and services. My mom likes it there. The house cleaning could be better, they do not keep up on toilet paper or take out the garbage all the time. The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful, she says the food is okay. My mom is just now settling before participating in the activities. transportation is available, though I usually transport her.

Emeritus is top notch

I almost dismissed Emeritus when I was looking for \\a place for mom\\ but a family friend knew of it and so I went. I was stunned. My mother's need for an assisted living home was an emergency situation and I'm a guy. Sexist or not, I had no idea what I was doing. Well, Emeritus was a lifesaver. My mom was there for just a year and she was safe, warm and healthy. For a time, her condition improved greatly and Emeritus was the reason. Their menu and medication plan is top notch. And the staff had my full confidence. Nisha, the head nurse, runs a great staff and was responsive and ALWAYS helpful. My dad may need a place sooner than later and I wll be looking at Emeritus an d Nisha first.

Nice staff, a little lacking with the care.

The community is kept pretty clean. There are some issues, and concerns with the care they are receiving, they don't do a good job with keeping my loved one clean. There is only one caregiver that is willing to clean my loved one, according to him. We have had a couple of issues where we needed immediate help and he didn't get it. I don't feel like anyone is actively helping them with exercise, we mentioned that she likes to walk, and they haven't put the priority, I think it should be. I like them, and I want to forgive them. They are nice and Jerica in particular is willing to go over the top to help. I like the activities they offer. They don't complain about the food, but I can't eat it, I would give it a three.

Pluses & Minuses

We've had some great experiences and some less-than-perfect experiences.

In the great department, so many of the staff Really friendly and really care about my parents. The apartments are a good size for the price. The food in the dining room is especially tasty. There are a number of social activities every day and a lot of them are organized by the residents themselves. There is a string community feel. It is an affordable and clean place to live.

In the less-than-perfect department, The care is sometimes disorganized and inconsistent. You have to advocate to get some of the services you are promised. We never got a break down of what services we were paying for. We had to ask twice for our monthly bill, and then it was inaccurate. Yet, when the power went out, the care services were right there to help my dad obtain his oxygen. (He was on a concentrator.). The Activity Director is great at getting people involved. When I talked with the Executive Director, he addressed every issue we brought up.

It is a good value. The previous meal...

It is a good value. The previous meal provider was very good, but the present one is only fair. The food is often cold, it can be a half hour wait for a meal. The transport service has very limited hours, so is not too useful. Everyone is friendly, and the activities are agreeable. The cleaning service is fine, as is the laundry. The care services are not applicable, as my friend does not receive care.

Brilliant Five

Absolutely! The design of the place, it really is designed for seniors. My mother is a fall potential, especially when she first came here, and as of right now she is still bad but she has improved because of this place. The layout of this place makes it wonderful. My mother doesn't even recognized how much that has helped her. There are no ramps or anything and the entire layout is 100% flat. Really wonderful. Geographically, it's perfectly placed. It is very convenient for public transport, so my mother has steady visitors. Every single visitor has said the same thing, "What a nice place!" The place is large and sometimes you wonder if they get enough individual service, and they make it work. I have virtually no problems, although there have been the proverbial "bumps." Brilliant five, I have to admit, trying to make everything last financially as long as possible for my mom, I can do it here. The executive director showed me a way to make everything work that surprised and impressed me. They don't have any memory care or I would have brought my dad here too. I am so angry that I didn't see this place first!

We Didn't Like The Neighborhood

That particular community, I don't really think it fit in with what my mother was looking for. The facility itself was adequate but it was in an old neighborhood and there was a gambling casino close by. It just didn't seem like a nice neighborhood. There wasn't really anything wrong with the facility but the area didn't appeal to my mom.

My mother-in-law lives there and all ...

My mother-in-law lives there and all of the services, from the dining room to a nicely furnished apartment to a very friendly staff, really made them stand out. Shirley at the front door and Neal, the manager, were especially friendly.

Another key factor is that one of the residents is a Catholic priest so they have Friday services.

It's the Cadillac of board-and-care homes. My husband went to ask a question about his mother's laundry and even the laundry staff take ownership of their particular tasks.

Neal was AWESOME! That's a...

Neal was AWESOME! That's about all that we like about this place, sorry to say. If it weren't for Neal and the fairly large 2-bedroom option, we wouldn't have even stayed to consider this place. Odor at entry, more aware of assisted living residents, walkers, wheelchairs, etc. Food was pretty bad. Nice back yard area. Next door to a fire house which Neal said they don't hear so much. ? Hospitality was appreciated but I wouldn't recommend setting up lunch to impress prospects.

Don't think this is what we're lookin...

Don't think this is what we're looking for. The police station next door and casino across the street did not give me a good feel. Also, a lot of the residents seemed to be wheelchair bound. My mom needs a walker, but seems in better health than the residents here. My mom did not like the group dynamics she said the people looked like they had sorted into cliches and weren't interacting with one another. While the facility, per se, was fine, seemed to be too many other problems.

studio $1825 choice option fee $3000....

studio $1825 choice option fee $3000. Fee/rent combo is variable. 1 month promotion to award one year free rent.

Second floor with courtyard view seem...

Second floor with courtyard view seems best. Transporation w/in 15 miles. Community fee is one month rent. No eggs to order in the morning. Will do medical assessment for type of care needed. Gave referral to VA provider. The staff seem nice.

Apts unfurnished.

Apts unfurnished.

Wonderful place to visit for my Dad.

Wonderful place to visit for my Dad.

We went and visited Creekside Lodge. ...

We went and visited Creekside Lodge. We both really liked this facility and were impressed with everything. We especially liked that there was a variety of food choices for the meals and that the units had a kitchen. Also the cost are reasonable.

Place was nice, outdoor area was peac...

Place was nice, outdoor area was peaceful.

Brookdale San Pablo is an assisted living community in San Pablo, California. Our exceptional community, located in Contra Costa County, sits conveniently in the heart of San Pablo, just minutes from San Francisco Bay, restaurants, coffee shops, banks and the Kennedy Grove Lake and Park. San Pablo is a prospering city with a sense of history that enriches residents of all ages with a high quality of life.

At Brookdale San Pablo, our residents enjoy access to highly personalized care services that promote independence and celebrate individuality, while also encouraging a strong sense of community. Brookdale San Pablo, a premier community in the region, is known as a leader in senior living solutions.

Our tenured staff takes the time to learn the history of each resident, understanding their past and helping them reach future goals. Brookdale San Pablo offers extensive services and amenities, which include:

Personal assistance with activities of daily living such as showering, hygiene and grooming
On-call nurse
Dining assistance
Regular housekeeping and trash removal services
Activities and social events
Walking paths
Gardening areas with raised beds
Pet-friendly accommodations