Brookdale Willowbrook Park - Houston, TX

Brookdale Plaza Willowbrook provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

I like the units, the grounds were nice and the pool section was where Mom would like to be.

Everybody needs an Ambassador

I can't say enough nice things about Brookdale Willowbrook Park. It was a very difficult decision for us to make having to move our grandmother and we feel very fortunate to find Brookdale Willowbrook. The staff is friendly and helpful. They assigned an ambassador to my grandmother to help her get acclimated. I don't live really close so I needed reassurance that they would help her adjust. I have eaten there with my grandmother and she says the food is really good. They are on top of what they need and what is appropriate for their diets such as low sodium needs. They have activities that are suitable for all levels of abilities of the residents. We were able to furnish her apartment with her furniture, artwork, and family pictures. It is very warm, homey and inviting. They all have doors that open to common courtyard areas with different themes. My grandmothers is a fountain with shade. I would highly recommend this community to friends and family.

Everything Was Too Spread Out

We liked this community the staff was very friendly and informative. They made us feel very welcome on our tour and was happy to show us around. The community was too large for what I was looking for everything was just too spread out. It didn't matter what hall way you were in there was a door leading to the outside that leads you to another part of the building such as the dining area. I just felt that my parents would get lost.

Hi [Removed], thank you for recommending Brookdale Willowbrook Park, it was all that you said it would be. The tour with [Removed] was great. She was very accommodating. My mother was pleased.
It is definitely a place and location that could meet my mother's needs. We are not ready to make a decision to move her in her own place, in the city, as we have a few assessments to make at this time.
I will keep you informed.
Thank you, again!

I like it

The food is very good. They offer plenty of activities. The staff were great at answering my questions and they have been very helpful. The community is kept well taken care of and they offer housekeeping once a week. I would recommend this community.

Pleased with My Mothers Move Here

This is a nice community, and I'am comfortable with my mothers move here. I know she is in good hands, and in a safe facility. The staff is good, they have been kind when I visit, and helpful when needed. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities for the residents. All is well for mother since her move to this community. it is a facility I would recommend to my friends.

Mom is happy!!

My mom has had no complaints since she has made the move into this community. The staff where easy to work with and made the move in process very simple for us. Mom has a lovely apartment that is perfect for her and all of her needs. The grounds are kept very clean and the overall property is very presentable. Overall I am pleased with our experience so far and would recommend it to anyone.

Good Enough For Me

I moved into this community and I like it and the experience has been just fine. Everything like the meals, activities, and the upkeep of the community is good.

A very good tour!

When my mother was searching for a good community, we toured Brookdale Willowbrook Park. It was a nice place, the staff was friendly and the tour guide was helpful with information, but it was not what we were looking for.

Great value

The staff is very open and helpful.

I have to follow-up on service calls too much, but nothing that puts my loved one at risk.

An ok community

Dad is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff seem nice and they do keep the community clean. They do offer daily activities. He does not care for the food. One of the elevators has not been working for the last several weeks as they are waiting on parts to fix it.

Would recommend this place!!

I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living for there loved ones. My mother has made a smooth transition with the help of the other staff and residents. I am impressed that all of the staff has already learned her name and take the time to get to know her on a personal level. I do wish that the food service would make sure she has something to drink when they drop off her dinner to her. She doesn't voice her needs to often so she goes without a drink from time to time.

Pleasant Tour

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. The experience was a pleasant one.

Nice and Friendly Community

This is a good community, and my mother in law is doing well since her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in good retirement community. The staff is nice, and friendly. She hasn't had any problems, and I have no complaints about this community. It is a well maintained community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. All is well, and this is a community I would recommend.

The staff are friendly and helpful

This is a gated community in a busy area. I like that you need a key fob to get in and out of the gates. The residents wear a pendant around their necks in case they need assistance and the staff are quick to respond. They offer daily activities and have scheduled trips out that the residents can sign up for. We have been working out a few things with encouraging mom to participate more and the staff have been working on this. The food is pretty good and they offer a variety of choices.

A god fit so far!

My mother in law is doing pretty well at the Brookdale Willowbrook. I would recommend this specific location because it is clean and everyone seems to be very friendly. My children have stayed there and had meals and they said the food was good. Move in went well, but I felt that they were a little pushy ion the date.

I Am Happy Being Here

Since I have moved into the community, all has been going well for me. There has been some enjoyable activities like a performer and a tap dancer. The meals are okay, it is not what I am use to but I will eat if the meal looks good. I have a full kitchen so I have what I normally eat. They has one smoking area and it is comfortable. The community itself has lovely grounds and is comfortable. The people are lovely and I am happy with my decision here. I have recommended this place to others already.

Everything Went Well

I toured this community for my sister in law, and her needs. The community was looked nice. Everything was clean, and tidy. The staff I came across was courteous, and kind. They have nice activities available for the residents. It was a good experience, everything went well.

A Good Fit

My mom wanted to live independently after her husband passed. Forgetfulness due to normal aging caused her to be apprehensive. She gets embarrassed when she can't remember names. Her assigned ambassador, a volunteer resident, assured her at their first meeting that everyone has the same issue. It's always ok to ask, "what's your name again"? She was immediately at ease.

The staff is super friendly and engaging. She is allowed to have her dog. A meal card is included in your monthly fee. It covers most of her meals that she wants to eat outside of her apartment for the month. Trash pickup is three times a week and it just has to be placed outside the door. Her apartment is cleaned once a week. The apartment has ample room and a walk in closet. The kitchen includes appliances except for the microwave. She does her own laundry for free but takes her own detergent and there are many laundry areas. Basic cable is included as well as the other utilities except for phone. Wifi is free in the common areas. This community is gated which makes me happy and it's convenient to shopping. They provide transportation to doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, banks, pharmacies, etc. You just sign up on a clip board.

Mother is very happy here!!

We let my mother chose and she chose this Brookdale. She seems to be very happy. She has been in and out of the hospital, so she hasn't joined any activities or met new people yet but she likes the staff. The meals are very good and the place is always very clean.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Willowbrook Park! They're taking great care of my loved one! The staff is very accommodating, welcoming, and eager to help. They've really gone out of their way to help her fit in, which we really appreciate.

really liked this one. Pros: feels more like an apt complex. 2 options for food (bistro and dining room, apts sare really nice. liked the one opening to the courtyard. I'd want her on the fisrt floors since there are cement steps along with the elevators. afraid she may get confused and try to take the stairs. CONS: far from my brothers house, no assisted living units - would have to move to the other complex across the street, no washer and dryer in the unit

Great care

I like the care that my mom is getting here. The staff are great and very caring. The meals are good, but need a little improvement. My mom is still allowed to cook at this community. They had offered her activities, but she is not participating yet. The community is very clean and I would recommend this community to other families.

Not right for me!

I did enjoy myself at this community. The staff was great and they helped me a lot. Everything seemed to be just fine hear. I just feel that the community needed more help then I did. It just was not a good match for me.

We are very disappointed in the apartment and office services. The apartment was not clean when we moved in and there was a faucet that was leaking all over the bathroom. There is no stopper in the disposal drain and there was a moldy refrigerator in the living room when we picked up the keys.
I have been trying for 3 weeks to hear back from the accounting office to no avail.

Found a home

We loved it. My Mother is moving in this month.

A nice place

I toured this community for my parents. It was very nice and the staff was outstanding. I was happy with the soup at this community. My father did stay here for a very short time, but they did not have the care that we were needing.

Mom is doing well at Brookdale!!

The staff are nice and easy to work with. The nursing staff have been nice. They offer daily activities. The food is good and they offer numerous choices such as a full menu, a bistro and a cold bar. Her apartment is nice and opens to the outside. They have real entertainment on Friday nights. I would recommend this community.

Clean Bedrooms !!

I was very impressed with the bedrooms and the spacious bathrooms they had available in this community. There was a lot of natural light that went throughout the whole apartment. I have no complaints about our visit, it was a pleasant experience.

All inclusive

Brookdale seems to have their act together in providing a clean and stimulating environment for seniors. Loads of activities, nice restaurant, on-site physical therapy, and local transportation provided. They even accept pets!

WillowChase Brookdale Review

We have been in place a couple of weeks, all is well at this writing. Very helpful in the process of getting our senior settled in and following up and suggesting services to help us through.

Above And Beyond!!

My friend absolutely loves the community. She says good things about her meals they are healthy and have good taste. The staff are all attentive and have wonderful communication with her. All around the community everything is spotless her room is cleaned very well. The interaction between her and the staff has been positive. When my friend returns to the community she will be happy to be back in a positive environment.

Wonderful Staff!

We enjoyed the tour of the Brookdale WIllowbrook Park. The staff that offered the tour were very courteous and were able to address all of our concerns. We were very happy with the up keep of the community. It was very well maintained and clean throughout.

Toured, seemed nice!

We toured this community while looking into options for a loved one. Brookdale Willowbrook Park seems like a nice place, overall! The facility is clean and well kept, and the people are friendly, My one complaint would be that I think they could do a little more when it comes to decorating the hallways, they can feel a little sparse and institutional. But overall we're very pleased!

Everything has been good at Brookdale Willowbrook Park!!

The food is great and they offer a lot of good healthy choices. The community is kept very clean. I have not had a chance to try the daily activities but I am looking forward to them once I get completely moved in. The staff is very helpful. I would definitely recommend this community.

The staff seem nice and I would recommend this community!!

My grandma is doing well since moving into Brookdale. We have had a few issues upon her move in. There are times when she gets to the dining room they are out of some of the food. They had a new food manager start the same time she moved in and we are hoping things will change. We had a service where and aid was supposed to help her walk to the dining hall but most of the time they were an hour early or an hour late and they did not walk next to her they walked in front of her. We did end this service.

Brookdale Willowbrook Park gets my recommendation!!!

The entire staff are super nice they will help with anything you need. My apartment is cleaned once a week and they also do my laundry. I enjoy playing bingo twice a week, go on outings to stores and they have someone coming in to show us how to paint pictures. They have emergency buttons you can wear around your neck. The hospital is across. The food is wonderful the new director of the kitchen has improved the menu and there is now more variety.

Very Grateful

I'am very pleased with everything this community has done for my sister. They have been very helpful and accommodating. I'am very grateful we found this community. It is a very well maintained community, everything is very clean and neat. They have an excellent staff here. They do offer activities for the residents. They do charge a community fee, but it is very much worth it. Everything is working very well.

Brookdale was the best decision we could have made!!

My dad is enjoying being at Brookdale Willowbrook Park. The staff are friendly and getting to know him by name. I have not had a lot of interaction with them but my dad has nothing but positive things to say about the staff. He loves the food and is starting to participate in some of the exercise classes and going to the casino. The community is clean and they are even updating their plumbing.

First experience

Wonderful experience. Everyone is so helpful

At home.

From the time you step in to meet them, tour, move and get to know everyone, you feel at home.

NO COMPLAINTS!!

I love this community. It is very clean, and they have a friendly staff. Any time I had an issue or complaint it was resolved as soon as possible, which is very important to me.

Brookdale Willow Park

As a new resident I was pleasantly surprised how nice Brookdale Willow Park was.

The employees are excellent and are always willing to help.
They make you feel right at home.

The value for the money is very good also.
The activities they offer are numerous. Many to choose from.

I am glad I made Brookdale my new home.

Review of Brookdale Willowbrook Park - Houston, TX

LOVEDLOVEDTHISFACILITY!

Improving the Quality of Life for our Loved One ...

I am thankful that Brookdale was so helpful in assisting our family with the details of getting our loved one into a safer living environment. I could not have been more pleased with the patient associate who helped walk me through every single step of the process.
Now that my sister is at Willowbrook Park we are all getting use to the new environment and all of the people who will be a part of her new life there.
I have to admit that it was a little bumpy at first but feel as though that is to be expected. My hope is that everyone at Brookdale will be as thorough and accountable as the first associate who helped us.
I believe that if we as a family communicate our expectations with Brookdale that this will be a win-win situation for all of us!

Happy Daughter

The staff were very easy to work with and helpful. Our sales representative did a great job interviewing mom and assessing her needs. Family environment and happy residents. Any resident I have spoken with are happy to live at Brookdale. I have personally eaten in the dining room and the food is very good and has a nice atmosphere. The dining experience is enjoyable and I would feel comfortable bringing my children or other friends/family to join mom. The only negative at this point would be the plumbing project that is underway. All apartments are scheduled to have complete replacement of all plumbing, which will include having mom temporarily live in a furnished apartment on site for 1 week. Mom moved in 2 weeks ago and is still settling in, so I pray the temporary move out next month will not hinder her progress.

Things are going good

Things are going good. They seem to be liking it. They had a couple of ups and downs at first because they had to move out of their apartment because of a water main breaking, but things are back to normal now. They seem to be enjoying it.

They have been pretty good so far.

They have been pretty good so far. The office staff have been very helpful. The only complaint I have heard, is the occasional comment about the waitstaff in the restaurant. They were in a good location, and fairly reasonable in price. We are pretty pleased so far.

cannot say enough good things

We absolutely love Brookdale Willowbrook Park. They were going through changing out water pipes in the beginning and that was kind of a nightmare but that's all finished now. This facility is really the most wonderful place. Calvin, the director is fabulous. There could not be a better place for my mom. Mom even says they kill her with kindness and she can be pretty crabby. I cannot say enough good things about this facility.

Friendly and accommodating staff

Our experience with Brookdale Willowbrook Park was a very good one. I helped a friend look into this facility, and we really appreciated how accommodating and helpful they were throughout the whole process!

Very Accommodating

The experience has been very good from what I can tell with what mom has said. She seems to be pretty happy and they seem to be very accommodating, so yeah, they do everything in a very accommodating manner.

operationally not functioning well

At Brookdale Willowbrook Park the plumbing has been messed up. I went to visit her one night and the alarm system went off at 3:40 in the morning. The water has been off for 4 hours at a time on a daily basis. The people that work there are really nice. It is a clean facility. It has just been operationally not functioning well. There are many kinks that they working on. The salon has also been a nightmare for her since they don't have any water at times. It sounds like it is going to be a long project. I am going to sit back and see how this affects her and how long it all takes and go from there.

You can trust them with your loved ones!

The facility is very nice, the activities and involvement is excellent. I had exhausted all the options in the area and surrounding areas and this facility and staff far outweighs the others. While my mother has only been there a short period of time, she seems so much happier in general. They have a bit of a start up accounting challenge but that is all working itself out. Keely could not have been a better representation of their organization. She is professional, sincere, knowledgeable, sympathetic and simply cares. Ask her to play the piano for you. Calvin, their GM was also a pleasure to work with. You can see where that positive caring attitude amongst the team stems from. This is a place you can feel secure your loved ones will be taken care of, in my opinion.

First choice for independent living.

This was our first choice when we thought we were going to be looking at independent living. It was nice and we liked it. It was a little far away though once we realized we were going to need more care.

Best value, most secure and most activities!

This was not our first choice. When we toured others, this property ended up having the best value, most secure and most activities!

this location is superior

I think their desserts are lousy at Brookdale Willowbrook Park. That is my only complaint about this facility. I am really happy with everything here. I have been to several different Brookdales and this location is superior.

I've been very happy here, and I didn't think I would be.

It's been very nice. I've been very happy here, and I didn't think I would be. The people have been very nice to me. They gave me an ambassador, and she introduced me to lots of people I have made friends, and joined some games. The food has been pretty good, their food is better than the bistro. There have been little facts of life that have come up, a repair here or there, but you can't help that and they get on it right away.

My Experience Has Been Good

I just moved in and have been here about a month. I was anxious and excited and I think that my experience has been very good. The people have been very friendly and a major plus for me has been to meet people my own age and they have so many activities that I can say there wouldn't be any excuse to not find something to do. I find it very stimulating.

I chose Brookdale for myself & my husband

I chose Brookdale Willowbrook Park because it is clean & people very friendly. Mainly I chose it because it had the perfect apartment available for myself & my brain damaged husband at a bargain price. It is built in a different style from most apartment complexes by being in rows of columns. The hallways between the columns are outside sidewalks forming porches in front of the apartments. Between the columns are beautiful gardens with birds, squirrels, & fish ponds. They allow pets & have a doggie park with bags for waste & closed can to dispose waste in. I am happy to be able to keep my beloved dog with a lovely place to walk with him. The food is served twice a day in a lovely dining room with nice servers. The food is fair and a varied menu with lunch being 3 courses with alternate choices. There is a short order restaurant where you eat is you choose to. They have lots of activities every day, more than I can participate in.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback! We will share your feedback with our management team.

I am very pleased with everything here.

I am very pleased with the Brookdale Willowbrook Park. I am pleased with everything about it. I haven't had any problems at all. The people there have been five stars as well. The communication with the staff has been very good. The food is very good as well. I would recommend the Brookdale Willowbrook Park to anyone. Everything has been five stars. It has been an excellent experience. I am just very pleased.

Here only a very short time. The staff is friendly the grounds are kept in good shape and the food is good with options.

Out of all the facilities I toured, this was the best deal in Houston.

The only negative is that when I walk my dog they run out of the green bags to take care of the dogs waste. They ran out of them four times. That was pretty annoying. Everything else is pretty good. The food is good, which is important. Everything goes pretty smooth. It has been great. I would definitely recommend the Brookdale Willowbrook Park. Out of all the facilities I toured, this was the best deal in Houston.

Pretty good

I think so far its pretty good. I would recommend this community to others. We got in with a sign up bonus which was great. My loved one is happy here. The staff has been great. They are very friendly and accommodating. They go out of their way to help. The Brookdale Willowbrook is a very nice community. It is also very clean. The value is pretty good. They have a lot of different activities to keep residents busy.

This place is the total package. Highly recommended.

Brookdale at Willowbrook Park gives the most for your money. I looked at countless that I couldn't afford. & stopped once I found it. Facility has everything my Mom could want. The only negative is that she's not social, but the facility has everything for that when she's ready..

Great Place to Live!

The facility and people here are fabulous. Very catering, love the setup, rooms are really nice, activities are varied and well thought out. I can't imagine a better place. The location is also perfect, it is close to so many things...hospital, doctors, mall, dining, movies, etc. We toured several facilities before deciding on this one for our mother and couldn't be happier. She has been there almost 3 months and its a perfect fit.

Brookdale is doing a good job so far.

Brookdale is doing a good job so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We are pretty happy with them. The only complaint would be that the dining service can be a little slow, though the quality of the food itself seems to be good.

Not helpful at all!

My father was very unhappy there . They have continued to do nothing for him since he has resided there and he is very miserable.

very good

Every time I have asked for anything they have been very prompt to get things done. They have been very good and it's been a wonderful experience with Brookdale Willowbrook Park.

They were incredibly helpful throughout the whole process. Everyone was very friendly and easy to get along with.

The only thing I can think of where I would like to see some improvement is with their bookkeeping. For example, it is now early December, and our check for October has not cleared yet. In managing finances and budgeting, that can be a bit of a pain.

Great Place

We are very pleased with the Brookdale Plaza Willowbrook. They do everything for the people who live there. They are friendly and professional and seem to genuinely care for their guests. We are very pleased with their services. They are caring and offer lots of activities. My mother stays there and she is pretty happy with it. So, we are happy.

I like the facility, and my mom does ...

I like the facility, and my mom does as well. Everything is fine. I would like to see more menu/food options for vegetarian residents.

Brookdale Plaza - Comfort and safety for your loved one.

Everything you would want for your loved one , all in one lovely, well managed, safe, and caring facility.

We are very pleased with them.

It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They are attentive and responsive. They have lots of activities to choose from. They have a wide variety of choices for food. I think they are a great deal as far as pricing goes. We liked the location, and couldn't pass on the value. We are very pleased with them.

Awful

Please be aware and keep your eyes open. The food is tasteless and small portions. My dad had a stroke and they never told us. My dad’s wound got infected with maggots while under their care. The communication was horrible. They don’t tell the truth.

Great so far!

I would say we are very satisfied with Brookdale. When we saw the apartment in the beginning, it was not quite ready to move in to, but it has been great since. It is an average size, independent-living based community. Our loved one has been living here for about 3 months, and it has been nice so far!

Brookdale Plaza

We have only been in our apartment 6 days but have been impressed at how friendly everyone is, residents and staff alike. We are close to everything we need for shopping plus activities to keep us busy. Church service was enjoyable and dinner in the Bistro was delicious..So far so good!

The Terrace at Willowbrook

When looking for a comfortable situation for my mother to move to, the Terrace Willowbrook was our first stop. We were very impressed with the level of concern Cheryl showed in talking to us about what my mother was looking for. The apartment was large and the surroundings very nicely maintained. As we continued our looking, my mother and I both kept comparing the facilities to The Terrace, and kept finding a great disparity. After looking at other facilities, we found them to be smaller -in some cases, without even a kitchen - and more expensive. We settled on The Terrace and Cheryl was a great help in facilitating my mother's move, even to making sure my mother got the exact apartment she'd wanted. So far, we're both very satisfied with the facility. My mother fell just before the move, injuring her ribs. Cheryl made sure she had the car at her disposal to get her to her bank and to help her with a few of the errands necessitated by the move. Then she fell again, and the staff called me to inform me off her situation and again to let me know she was fine and back at her apartment. I don't feel we would've gotten the level of care and concern from any of the other facilities we had visited and we're both looking forward to a long, happy life for my mom there.

The food service was slow. Activities...

The food service was slow. Activities were good.

Looked very nice

We toured this community when looking into care for my loved one. This community looked very nice, and the staff were very friendly, but it was one of the more expensive options we looked at. I would have liked to be able to place my loved one here, it looked like it would have been a good fit for her, but unfortunately it was not something that would have worked with her finances.

It's been good!

It's been good! It's been a little bit difficult, trying to get used to a schedule. I really, really like the way they have their meals so it's not so much like a cafeteria, more restaraunt style and they have a bistro in the evenings. The food is very good. They have a housekeeper that comes once a week. Communication with the maintenance could be a little better, sometimes you have to ask more than once to get things done.

Great Service

I tell my mother she lives at a resort. They do have activities available, but not too many that have really gotten my mother involved. It is very comfortable homey setting. The apartments are very livable and nice. The staff has responded well, my mother has fallen several times and I couldn't ask for better service from them. The only negative I would say is the way the dining is set up. It is included in what she pays, it is one set fee for everyone, but my mother doesn't use it all each month so that is like money down the drain. The main dining room is for breakfast and lunch, then the bistro is for soup and salads and sandwiches - it's good!

We are happy with the Terrace

We are happy with the Terrace, she is really acclimating well. I know what's out there, I've seen a lot, and this is head and shoulders above the rest. They are very compassionate, very caring. They've got some nice talent coming in, and things to do. The food is a four, the bistro they just opened up is really nice and she really enjoys going there. The staff and residents have been so nice, they are attentive to the residents and the communication is good between the staff and residents. The facility itself is just beautiful.

This was a wonderful place ...

This was a wonderful place and affordable, but unfortunately it is independent living and wouldn't be safe for my Mom in her stage in life.

Very Good So Far!

I like it very much, I moved her in September. It is just what I wanted. Everything is great. The facilities are nice and clean, there are plenty activities to do, and the food is acceptable. The location is great! They have a very nice pool. I can't think of any negatives to say about it. I had my mind up when I moved here that I would like it, and I do.

Clean, friendly and inviting facility...

Clean, friendly and inviting facility. It appears that the changes and additions with the food services have been well thought out and are more user friendly.

Doesn't live up to expectations

I selected this property for my Mom because I liked the community and the size/condition of the apartment. I felt it was a good value.

She has only been there a short time, but it has not lived up to our expectations. The sales team was great, but all of those promises were forgotten once she moved in.

I have had to contact the office several times (i.e. maintnance, incorrect billings, dirty walkways) and my Mom has only lived there for a short time. Often, I have had to contact the office several times regarding the same thing due to lack of follow-up. We are constantly being given different information on the meal plan, which is very confusing to seniors.

This has not been the carefree environment I expected for my Mom.

Great Courtyards and Trees

The quality of the meals I would give a 5 but the service of the meals I would give a 3 and that's because they're in the process of remodeling their dining room. My mom's had some problems with seating and service. Other than that it's been absolutely perfect. She's really enjoying the activities. She plays bridge and they do bingo once or twice a week. They do senior chair exercises - she's really enjoying them.

I like the location, for me. It know that's different for everyone but for me the location is a real plus. I like the fact that each apartment has an interior courtyard that if faces and all the courtyards have a different theme. One has the pool, one has a putting green, one has a garden area. There are a lot of trees and shade. It makes you feel more homey.

Pretty Nice, Great Value

It's pretty nice. The value was really good. She got in when they were offing a special. They're redoing their dining room area so they cut quite a bit off their monthly rent. Her one bedroom is about $1200 a month. They are still serving meals even though they're redoing the dining area.

To me there are plenty of activities. To my aunt, she doesn't think there are enough but I think it's just because she doesn't participate. They don't have as many common areas as some of the other places we looked at.

Nice, clean, food's good, but they oversell themselves

The whole point was to get my dad socailizing and everybody was so nice and they were all excited to make it work. They were supposed to have an ambassador that would be his best friend and go around with him...they were with him for one meal. The first day he was there he was ready to leave and I had to take the next day off of work to persuade him to come back. They made all of these promises about what they were going to do and I haven't seen anything, or any of the sales people, since then. Now we're paying for personalized care, basically we're paying for an ambassador now, but they come and pick him up and take him to meals and activities. Once you move in there you are truly on your own, I realize it's independent living but they sell it as "we're all about friendliness an dmaking sure everything's okay and you'll have an ambassador" but it did not work out that way.

Loved one's happy

I can say my aunt likes it here, she's really happy with terrace.

Doing fine

Everything's going just fine right now

Heated pool and spa. Weekd...

Heated pool and spa. Weekday meals, with wknd meal pkg. Across from Willowbrook mall.

Best overall

What you get for what you pay is pretty good, were still trying to get settled and unpacked. We looked at about 5 others and we just liked the Terrace better. The way its situated, where its situated, the location. It's close to the hospital, close to shopping and the cleanliness, the friendlines, all together it was the best overall. It didn't take us long to deicde on the terrace and I don't have anything negative to say about it. We haven't participated in any activities yet but we've seen some that we're interested in and so far we're very happy.

We're going to be moving my mother in...

We're going to be moving my mother in there tomorrow.

We like the environment, the outdoor surroundings, the different things that they offer and the convenience of being close to me.

The Terrace also was the only community that respected my wishes and let me call them when I wanted further follow up. Other communities bombarded me with phone calls, which literally gave me a headache.

Loved the Terrace! The pri...

Loved the Terrace! The price was good and I like the fact that they have a nearby sister property that Mom could transfer into if she needed assisted living. The only drawback of the Terrace was no washer/dryer connections in the apartments.

Not under 1 roof, but short...

Not under 1 roof, but short walk to dining and covered. Independent only with onsite care available. Cheaper since independent only. Evening meals extra.

I was impressed. Close to the shoppi...

I was impressed. Close to the shopping mall more important, close to needs such as supermarket,bank, ect. Seriously looking toward this one, the price is more in my range.

This would be a definite fit for my m...

This would be a definite fit for my mom. I love the layout of the complex...tons of plusses...the only negative for us is the distance from our home...still would consider...

I really liked this one. I like the ...

I really liked this one. I like the arrangement of the buildings, etc. I liked that you didn't have to go outside ever if you didn't want to. There is a workout room. I liked the layout of the apartment. It is also the most reasonable price wise. The fact that they do not serve every meal is fine with me. At the other ones I might gain too much weight.

This one has a lease, and all the mea...

This one has a lease, and all the meals are not included.

Very nice facility. We really liked t...

Very nice facility. We really liked the location.

Probably a bit too large. May not ha...

Probably a bit too large. May not have the services Mom needs and stay within her price range.

We very much enjoyed the tour. We wi...

We very much enjoyed the tour. We will be bringing mom back for a visit sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Very apartment feel. Worried abt "ou...

Very apartment feel. Worried abt "outside"corridors.