Brookdale Willow Lake - Indianapolis, IN

Beautiful setting!

Brookdale Willow Lake is a great community. It is a beautiful place and is very well kept. It is updated throughout. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and addressed all of my concerns. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy.

One Of My Tours

This community looked clean and neat. I was able to get a knowledgeable tour guide who showed me how great it is. I saw similar interaction with residents like the other communities. It all seemed to be going fine here.

On balance, some good and some challenges

My experiences pertain to my mother who needs considerable care because of her advanced dementia. Brookdale Willow Lake is a facility that seems better equipped for those in less advanced stages of dementia (in their dementia unit) or who are able to live fairly independently. The facility is beautiful and their staff is friendly. They are understaffed with aides, which understandably frustrates the aides, and the facility can do a much better job of addressing how all staff should deal with racial issues. The majority of residents (and professional staff) are White, and the majority of aides are African American. The treatment of the aides by the residents is not always great, and I've heard a slur or two just in visiting. There are excellent ways to deal with this issue directly; no facility leadership ought to pass off this concern. It's quite serious and it's important to address is appropriately for purposes of morale.

Beautiful facility, friendly staff. On the expensive side of what we were looking for.

Very friendly staff. Pamela spent time with me on the phone prior to my visit, great willingness to connect in person, and good follow-up. Older facility, but very nice. Several staff came up to introduce themselves. They really seem to care deeply about their residents.

Overall

The staff and overall care is excellent. Wanted to move patient home and followed policy waited 30 days but facility was changing policy and would not release patient.
Wants patient home doesn't require 24 hr care. Be aware of the verbage in contract regarding releasing patient home or another facility.

very impressed

The people at Brookdale Place at Willow Lake were wonderful in the short time that mom was there. She was only there about five days before she passed away, and they were very good about communicating with me and keeping me informed about moms status. They proved to be very caring individuals and I was very impressed. Unfortunately mom passed away there after a few days and I spent the last night there together with her.

Beautiful Way to spend the last days.

Everyone I met as I prepared to move my mother was super friendly, very warm. I was not disappointed after her move. Unfortunately her stay was so brief but I am sure she would have liked it had she lived. I could not have asked for thoughtful group of people. Thank-you.

caring staff

caring staff

My Mom as a New Resident

We moved mom into Brookdale last Monday. She didn't want to go and spent several days trying hard not to make friends and stay in her room. Because of the setup of the environment, mom had no choice but to emerge from her apt. to go eat. She is accidently making new friends and I'm told this week, she is participating in the sit and fit class. She really needed the activity and socialization and so far, Brookdale is the answer to our prayers-and although mom will probab,y never tell me that she likes it, I think she is starting to enjoy being there.

EXCELLENT CARE.

Our "experience" has been short - so far - but in 60 days they have come close to providing all the service we expected - in a very friendly manner.

"Moving in" they had made all the provisions they prom- ised quite timely, and offered physical help for m oving heavy items.

Their Nurses actually call to report falls - and call the GP Doctor as well to get advice - (or) possibly needed prescriptions which might improve patients abilities.

At mealtime they assist patients to get up - go to the table (or eat in their rooms) - and help by "spoon-feeding" if
necessary.

Overall we are satisfied.
BOS

A beautiful and caring place for you ...

A beautiful and caring place for you or your loved one!

willow lake is a great place to live

staff is very friendly, interacts with my friend daily. every time I come to visit- one of the staff is sitting down & talking with her. this is keeping her sharp, the last place she was staying never saw her except morning-lunch-bedtime. I feel very comfortable with her care she is receiving at willow lake

Looked nice, but had a few issues

This facility looked nice enough during our tour, the staff were friendly and seemed competent. However we were primarily interested in a facility that specialized in memory care. I also noticed during the tour that there was a noticeable unpleasant odor.
Another issue to be aware of is the lack of diversity in this facility. I believe that my father would have been their only African American resident. I noticed this was the case in many of the facilities we toured as well, so the parent companies of these facilities should consider looking into how to broaden their appeal to other communities.

Very nice place

This is a very nice place, overall. It left a good first impression, it was very clean and everyone was friendly. The rooms themselves were also very attractive. We've been happy with the care provided so far, although I feel they could be a bit more attuned the residents and take more notice of mood or changes in care needs.

Holly is delightful. Lots o...

Holly is delightful. Lots of positive energy and truly enjoys her job. Brookdale is a delightful facility and beautifully appointed. Very clean and positive environment. The resident rooms were very small but well laid out. The showers had no lip to step over so residents literally could 'roll in'. However, the showers seems a little small to me to put a bath bench in if required. We loved the landscaping, big porch with rocking chairs and common areas.

Expensive but Nice

My mother has been there for about a month. It's expensive. My mom is pretty independent. She does pretty much everything except for pills and that's a $500 bill. We got a deal going in there so I don't know if we'll be able to afford to stay there when the price goes up to it's normal price in an year and a half. It's daunting to try and get all this done at once but when you walk into the place that you're going to put your mother, you'll know it's the right place. Within 10 minutes of being at Brookdale - it was the first time in months I was comfortable about what was going to happen to my mom.

first visit- was nice place...

first visit- was nice place... small semed to have everything we need, but we discovered that mom wants a rec room/ facility access. possibly a pool option?

This facility is strictly private pay...

This facility is strictly private pay...no medicaid accepted.

Beautiful facility. Friendly, people ...

Beautiful facility. Friendly, people and clean bright atmosphere. Enjoyed the tour and is a top contender.

Nice place and nice people.

Nice place and nice people.

very small facility-60 units, no inde...

very small facility-60 units, no independent, more medical care than we need now.

My first choice

My first choice

Brookdale Willow Lake offers personalized Assisted Living and Memory Care community options for seniors in Indianapolis, Indiana. Located on the Northwest side of Indianapolis, just West of St. Vincent’s Hosiptal, our community is easily accessible via I-465, with abundant shopping and dining venues, making it the perfect setting for seniors in need of some assistance.