Brookdale Nine Mile - Spokane, WA

Brookdale Nine Mile - Spokane, WA has yet not published prices.

Nightmare

My loved one lived at Brookdale Nine Mile in the dementia care facilty for a few months. We could tell by the third week that the care they were receiving was substandard. My loved one was not getting basic care done like brushing teeth regularly or getting shaved. For the amount of money we were paying (almost $8000 a/mo) it was very frustrating that these basic things were not getting done. We also noticed most of the activities were not really taking place and instead my loved one was just sitting in the TV room sleeping all the time. Finally, when my loved one started to lose weight and get weak we realized the staff were not helping this resident much with eating or staying hydrated. Our choice was to go over there three times a day to feed them and offer liquids or pay $1100.00 extra dollars a month for a one to one feedings. Lots of hidden costs and no fixed rate. At this point we decided to move them out as we feared they would die prematurely. When we came to move the loved one they were so dehydrated that they could not walk, talk or eat so we took them to the ER right away. It was confirmed that our loved one was severely dehydrated. It could have ended in tradegy if we had not been monitoring the situation closely and going there multiple times a day. One would think the more money you pay a month, the better the care, but this did not prove to be true at all. I do not recommend this place to anyone!

Good community but improve the food.

My mother is a resident here. For what they have they are providing enough care. I understand if you want someone there 24/7 you have to pay for it. The staff tells me that she is getting involved in activities but she said tells me she doesn't. I have tried the food and it is lousy. The temperature is off and the food doesn't seem to be prepared correctly because it doesn't taste very good. We chose Brookdale Nine Mile because it was the bets place for the budget we have and my father liked it.

Spent Some Time Here

This was a nice community to see and I enjoyed the tour. I was able to see all that is to be available for my mom. This is a large community with many people staying here. I thought the value was very pricey. It seems suitable for care.

Dad is doing ok at this community!

The staff at Brookdale are nice and seem to know myself and my dad. They are very good with him. He does participate in some of the daily activities and he seems to enjoy himself. The community seems clean. I would recommend this community.

I have no major complaints.

They are doing pretty good so far. I have no major complaints. There was a medication mix up one time, but I think we got that figured out. The care is very good and they care about the residents. We like knowing she is safe and well cared for. She is enjoying it, and the people are friendly.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback! We will share your feedback with our management team.

Outstanding memory care

We recently moved our mother from Montana to Clare Bridge of Spokane. Every one of the staff members has gone out of their way to make mom feel that this is her "home". The kind and compassionate way they deal with the difficult issues of dementia are beyond compare and we have actually seen a few smiles from mom -- the first in many months. We are extremely grateful for the care mom is receiving, the dignified way in which that care is delivered and the individual attention she is receiving.