Brookdale Meridian AL - Haslett, MI

Brookdale Meridian AL - Haslett, MI has yet not published prices.

Not the best experience

The food was good and they do take good care of the community. The staff did not seem to follow through on my dad's personnel needs. They do not have a nurse on staff in the evening to help with medication. They charged for extra services that he was not receiving. The administration is hard to work with. We are having an issue with the billing department for the short time dad was here.

Clean, safe environment. Really like the activities and Engagement for residents. A really warm and inviting place!

Very comfortable and personal, this would be our first choice if we had slightly different circumstances. I think that they offer a very high touch care. The staff and the residents seemed very happy and inviting.

Very impressed with facility and staff we saw.

Mom is Doing Great at this Community

This a wonderful community, and my mother is doing very well with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands here. They have a great staff, they have been helpful, and welcoming when I come to visit. She is getting involved in the community with some of the activities they offer for the residents. The meals are good. Everything is working out well for my family since my mothers move to this community. I would recommend it.

Peace and Quiet

Good comfortable place with caring folks. Are interested in cures as well as cares.

The staff is very warm and welcoming and went above and beyond to help before, during and after our visit The rooms are a nice size and facility is clean and pleasant. Besides dinner, we didn't see much resident activity, however we were assured there are many activities and ways for the residents to get involved.

A good service!!

I have nothing but positive things to say about this home care agency. They came into the nursing home for 2 days to help my dad. They made setting up the care easy for my mom. The caregiver that came out was nice and on time.

He liked it very, very much.

My loved one came here for a short respite stay, and he liked it very, very much. They tried very hard. The food was good, he even gained a little weight. The people are very nice. The billing was pretty smooth. I would use them again.

decent sized rooms. No walls between bedroom and living space.

Things are working out well here

Everything is working out fine here so far! It's a nice looking facility, it is clean, and the staff are all very friendly and caring. The company that owns this place recently went through a merger so there was a bit of chaos due to staff turnover, but things have settled down and many aspects have actually improved. They used to have trouble with keep the laundry service consistent but I've noticed that improving recently. I've also noticed that on the weekends sometimes they will miss scheduled activities.
One feature that I really like is that instead of one large dining room they have several smaller ones spread throughout the facility. That makes them both easier to get to and a smaller more social setting.

Lacking on the evenings and weekends

The supervision level is lacking in the evening. There are not nurses on site or anything like that on the weekends. The staff is friendly and work hard. It is priced as high as other communities with better staffing. I would still recommend the community with those caveats.

Liked this place, will not have to mo...

Liked this place, will not have to move mom at all, but she cannot cook in room nor have all the furniture which means a lot to her, benifits great food, can not isolate herself and will be engaged. Good chef who will explore Japanese foods, and raised garden beds to garden in.

one time non-refundable community fee...

one time non-refundable community fee to help with "field trips" equivalent of one months' rent. long term care and medicare part B helps cover costs

This one has potential. A larger pla...

This one has potential. A larger place; more activities; more options for social outlets. Convenient location. Onsite nursing and PT room.

Brookdale Meridian provides premiere assisted living services in scenic Haslett, Michigan. Our town is home to Lake Lansing, a 500 acre lake with two public parks allowing for boating, beach, and fishing access. Our beautiful town is a great place to call home and has been named as one of the 'Best Places to Raise Kids'. Located near Lansing, Haslett offers the warmth of a small town with access to all the conveniences of being in a big city.

Everything about our community was designed with the needs of our residents in mind. We offer a variety of floor plans and layouts so that residents can choose the apartment home that best fits his or her needs. You will find cozy common areas and intimate lounges to encourage the development of friendships throughout the community.

Life at Brookdale Meridian is exciting and engaging with many services and amenities at hand. Services and amenities include

Highly personalized care from a well-trained staff
Regular review of care plan to ensure needs are being met as they change
Full-service dining with meals selected by a dietician to ensure a well balanced meal
Regular housekeeping and laundry services
Access to a highly educated and compassionate staff 24 hours a day
Transportation services for our activities
Outdoor areas for residents to enjoy including a courtyard and gardening areas
Recreation and game room
Community library with books in large print