Brookdale Juan Tabo Place - Albuquerque, NM

Brookdale Juan Tabo Place - Albuquerque, NM has yet not published prices.

Nice, Friendly Staff

Overall, I feel my loved one's experience with New Beginnings was a good one. They have nice, friendly staff members there, the place is clean, and the food seemed to be pretty good as well. I would recommend this community to others.

Nice View

This community was very lovely it has a nice view of the mountains. The landscaping is lovely nice areas to walk and sitting areas that you can enjoy the fresh air. The staff is very nice appears very professional. It didn't appear they offered a lot of activities to keep the residents busy. Inside the community appeared to be clean and well maintained.

Good fit for our loved one

Brookdale Juan Tabo Place so far has been a good fit for our loved one. They gave us all a very warm reception and made us feel very welcome. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. We feel very satisfied when we come in and can see first hand the care they are providing for our loved one. The chef prepares meals that look and smell really good, and they offer choices if you don't care for what is being served. They serve a bowl of soup before dinner as an appetizer. I've been showing the staff how to groom her hair, they are very accomidating for the residents. Since she has been here for a month we are invited to a family dinner with the director to eat and talk about any questions or concerns we might have, and for her to share how our loved one is doing. Our loved one enjoys participating in the activities provided and enjoys putting her art skills to use. They are very and caring and understanding of difficult situations. I would recommend this community to others.

Draining atmosphere!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was not very impressed with the overall facility. The staff where kind and made sure to provide all of the information we had needed for that day. It was just very draining atmosphere and not somewhere I would want to come visit every day. With all that being said I would not put my loved one somewhere to live that I would not even want to visit.

This is a nice community .We did like the tour and the staff. The community was clean and the variety of the meals are appealing. We are thinking aboout moving are mother into this community for care. We liked what they have to offer. The activiites would be helpful for my mom .We suggest others tour this community for the care of a loved one.

They Have Been Wonderful

It has been gong well so far. My mom is happy here. My sibling toured the community and liked the atmosphere. It looks nice and open with an aviary area and some cats that like to hang out with the residents. She loves animals. The activities director has been great and they have been very accommodating with her meals for her diabetes. The first thing I noticed was the cost, the price is reasonable.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community where friendly and very helpful to my mother and I during our tour. They made sure to take there time and answer any questions we had for them in detail as well as show us all of the different apartments they had available. They had a very well maintained property and I could tell they kept up there cleaning throughout the week. It was just to far of a drive from my house to be able to see my mother everyday.

Grandmother's Care

i am happy with this community for the staff are very nice. They do help with good variety of meals and she is pleasing with them meeting the needs of her food request. They do have activities for those who can participate. I like they she is able to walk around in the community with others. The try and keep the community fresh as possible I would recommend the care and the value to other families for outstanding care.

We are Happy

I am happy with the care that the staff gives and they are friendly with my mom. It is clean in the community as well as my mom's room. It does often smell of some odors but it is a home for seniors. The meals are good and they have some activities. I picked this community based on the reasonable price and close location for me. Everything has been good and we are satisfied.

Great Care

This is a nice community. My husband has activities to participate. He is very happy with the staff that are vert nice and helpful. The meals are very good. We recommend this community for others.

Happy Care for my husband.

My husband is doing great here at this community. The food is excellent here and he is very happy with the variety of the meals. A beautiful community that is well kept. Activities are offer to those who want to participate. I highly recommend this for other families for good care and a great value.

Facility and the staff were wonderful

This was a wonderful place and we actually chose it for Pat but due to his insulin needs, they could not accept him as they do not have 24/7 nursing. The facility and the staff were wonderful, compassionate and clearly care about their residents.

Wasn't happy with residents placed around television or the lack of funds going back into the updating of the facility or furniture- not a comfortable or pleasant place for the residents.

even she was impressed!

My mom is very happy at Emeritus. They are all extremely nice. Everybody there is always friendly. There's nobody when you walk in that doesn't speak to you and say hello. My wife is at a college studying to do this sort of work and even she was impressed!

Absolutely love their appro...

Absolutely love their approach to memory care with the 'Join Their Journey' program. It makes so much sense and seems so very compassionate. The facility is laid out sensibly for feeble, elderly folks suffering from dementia. The ratio of staff to residents is comparable to some of the other facilities we've visited with employees that have been working there a long time (that's good!).

This was awful.

This was awful. They were outrageously priced. They reeked of urine, and had people lined in the halls, just sitting. They have called me since I toured, and said they have fixed these things, but I haven't gone back to check. The room didn't have a shower, they use community showers. The rooms didn't even have a closet for clothes, I understand why, but this wasn't very appealing.

Do not go to the cottages.

While working there - the cook [Removed] drops meat on the floor and just picks it up and serves it. Residents given burnt or undercooked food. Director [Removed] know about the food and allows it to happen. Horrible place - do not put your loved one in this place. They hire anyone with no training and no fingerprints done. No checking to see if they can work there. Do NOT go to this place.

Compared to where my loved one was pr...

Compared to where my loved one was previously living at, this is MUCH better! The staff is much more caring and they are much easier to work with. The watch over my loved one and we are very happy with Emeritus!

Nice looking place, friendly staff

This was a nice looking community, and the man who gave us the tour was very friendly. We toured this community when we were looking into options for our loved one, however we didn't quite like the feel here as much as another option that we toured. The residents seemed to be a bit higher on the care spectrum and not as social as we wanted for our loved one.

Nice People

They were fine. My wife just could not make the adjustment. The Cottages was the first place she had been in and she just couldn't do it. I chose it because it was close and it was furnished. We were in a terrible fix. My wife was diagnosed with dementia. It was all very quick and The Cottages looked great to me and I think it's a good place. They have nurses on staff and a visiting doctor. The people there were very nice. If I ever had any difficulty they always responded to it quickly. My wife just couldn't adjust but that is through no fault of The Cottages. They were a great place.

Horrible place

Don't put your family member in this place. They leave their shipment of food out for 8 hours. The meat and milk are bAd after this! A med tech gives one narcotic borrowing from one to another. They pile the residents in front of the tv never interacting. The new executive director is horrible And doesn't care about the residents. Keep the back door shut and just get their money.

They specialize in Alzhe...

They specialize in Alzheimers and have trained staff for transfers for non load bearing patients. They also have availability. Hated, hated, hated. Crammed full of people, rooms of central activities areas, small cramped depressing, very few private rooms, smelled of urine, old, needed painting, looks like the furniture was about 35 years old. Had $ for fresh flowers in the entry areas. (a bad sign to me...could be spent elsewhere) like cleaning the jug of water for visitors with oranges floating in it along with a fly, and was so opaque at first I thought it was cereal (:

Jeff Yeager

Thank your for your feedback. We have recently remodeled our community and our furniture and paint is immaculate.If you have concerns about the training or Alzheimer's unit, we would like to address them. Please contact us at www.emeritusethicsfirst.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

(Activities Not Rated) The sales repr...

(Activities Not Rated) The sales representative sold me on Emeritus and made me feel like this would be the last move our loved one would have to make. She told me how friendly the staff was and how professional they are but seems like it was all just marketing there has not been any follow through. It seems like they take the easy way out of a situation and just send them to the hospital rather then deal with the issue and with someone who needs memory care that could be very confusing. When we talked to the nurse she stated "You're not talking about anything we haven't seen." yet there only actions when a situation arises is to send them away. She told us that once the private funding runs out we would be able to get PACE funding but turns out that is not as easy as she made it seem. Would not be able to recommend them at this time.

Bigger Community

The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean and well maintained. It is a bigger community that is licensed for about 54 residents. It is a little on the pricey side when compared to other communities in the area.

The Cottages, Albuquerque, NM

This is a beautiful facility, staffed with wonderful caring people.

Warm, homey community. Smaller rooms...

Warm, homey community. Smaller rooms, many seating areas. No waiting list. Looked clean and neat. ALL INCLUSIVE RATE includes incontinence products, laundry, linen, non-medical nursing supplies,and 2 baths/week + extra if needed. Excellent 5 to 1 CARE RATIO; count doesn't include 8-5 activity director or NURSING STAFF. Have multi RN's LPN's on staff + many NA's for day to day care - like a skilled nursing. 75% of residents are full care. 24 hr nursing coverage. Cert for wound care. Positive feedback from UNM nurse trng coord and hospitals on the conditions of their residents when hospital stay is necessary. Rotate bedridden patients every 2 hours. Central kitchen serves 3 DR's. Food looked good. 2 servers make plates up, not NA's. Nutritionists do meal planning for each resident. Transfer wheelchair bound patients to seats for activities and meals. Walk people daily with 2 NA's if necessary. Utilize signed checklists to assure residents are being toileted every 2 hours and walked. Open access to grassy courtyard with gazebo during day. Sponsor a monthly council meeting with families for Q&A. Saw quite a few family members assisting with evening meal. No facility outings - no transport. [removed] are b/n meal drinks offered? Rooms a bit of a disappointment but could sacrifice this for improved care and attention.

this is my favorite -- specializes in...

this is my favorite -- specializes in Alzheimers and the facility looks lice -- individual cotteges.