Brookdale DeLand - DeLand, FL has yet not published prices.

Very friendly, dedicated staff. Close to the Adventist Hospital in DeLand. Also close to a skilled nursing facility and rehab. Although this is an older facility, they have a new memory care unit with a community kitchen, popcorn maker, piano and lots of targeted activities and entertainment. Although this was the smallest facility I toured, it was nice and residents seemed happy. I didn't try the food.

A good community

My friend likes living at this community. The staff are helpful and encourage her to be active. The caregivers are attentive and make sure the residents are well taken care of. She is starting to participate in some of the daily activities. The food is very good and the community is beautiful. I would recommend this community.

Rude Staff

This review is based on my opinion from helping my friends with her husband. I have worked closely with my friends wife to get him into a home because she could no longer take care of him
The staff at Brookdale Deland have not been very helpful and have been very rude at times. Not sure that they are taking very good care of their residents since my friend with Alzheimers has been in their memory unit for five weeks and he is in the hospital dehydrated. When he was accepted at Brookdale it was known that because of the Alzheimers he would try to escape but they accepted him as a memory patient at a certain price. The first time that he tried to escape the staff at Brookdale wanted his wife to hire someone to sit with him which she can not afford on top of the fees that they charge already.
Needless to say if you are considering Brookdale beware of extra charges.
We have been trying to get his admission physical for more than two weeks and the doctor's office says it is at Brookdale and Brookdale staff says that they don't have it.
Brookdale Deland is clean and well maintained as far as I can tell.

So Far This Is A Nice Community

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother with her move to this community. This is a nice community. Everyone has been helpful, and kind. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. They clean my mother room once a week, but I do some cleaning when I visit. It is still a work in progress for us in this community. However at this moment this would be a community I would recommend.

My tour of this community was decent. The community appeared to be well-kept. The experience was an okay one, but overall this was not the community for us.

This seemed very well run and very clean. Everyone was very helpful.

Unable to Make the Move, But A Nice Community

Unfortunately I was not able to make the move into this community. The reason was because my daughter is my care giver, and she is not old enough to move into this community. However it is a very nice community. The residents were very pleasant. I would recommend this community overall.

[Removed] was awesome!! The facility was great, but I felt it was lacking in relaxing in the outside area. [Removed] is an outdoor person and no bird baths, pretty gardens, fountains, soothing sites to give you that zen feeling. I suggest a garden area for the residents that have that desire to garden and make it their own. I really liked the size of the facility, easy to get around.

Happy Care for families

The care at this community is wonderful. The staff are caring and attentive to her needs.The community is clean and maintanined. We like that the community is clean and maintained. They do have activities for the residents who want to participate with the activiites. We would recommend this community to other families for good care.

Too much like a nursing home. Folks are nice, no cost information given.

Good Tour, but to Expensive

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my parents, and their needs. Everything went well overall. The community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind, and friendly. It was a nice experience, but their prices were too expensive for our budget.

This community worked out perfectly

This community worked our well for dads respite stay. The staff in the memory care unit were great. They seemed qualified to care for dad. They encouraged him to participate in some of the daily activities. He did like the ice cream social they had. The community is clean, fantastic and I can not say enough about them. We would use this community again.

Outstand care for my husband.

I am very happy for the care that my husband is getting here. The staff is outstanding and very careing. The community is always very clean. I like that he is involved with the activities. It makes me feel good knowing the he is keep active with others. He seems to be very happy with the food. I like that they have a excellant memory care unit when he is ready for the move to help him. I highly recommend the great care here for other families to feel is a great fit for there loved one.

A Meeting At The Community!!

This is a nice looking community and the people we met during our tour were nice. This community seems to cater to people over the age of 70 so it would not work for us.

Brookdale DeLand

So far, I am happy with the Brookdale facility. The people there are fantastic. Using A Place For Mom was a great way to narrow down places where I could move my mom to. So far she is happy and likes it there. We will see how things go in the coming weeks, but as of now, everything is great.

This facility is serving my needs very adequately. In addition, a unit for patients suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's Disease is currently under construction and will be available in May, 2016. My wife may enter this new facility at that time.

Bill was much higher than the quote

We were dissatisfied with our experience with Brookdale. I don't feel they were entirely honest during the touring/move-in process, or they just need to be more thorough with their evaluation. We were quoted one price, and when the bill came it was something much higher.

From the start, I had a wonderful experience with Sterling House of Deland. The staff is very warm and friendly. When I went to take a tour, I was warmly greeted by Erin McDonald. She showed us around and I was very impressed how clean it is. When you walk in , there is a warm home feeling. Everyone there is very helpful and caring.

They were very nice people, and it was a good facility.

We looked at a lot of other places, and this was our second choice, our plan B. They were very nice people, and it was a good facility. They were considerably more expensive, so when room opened up in our first choice we were happy.

My mom has dementia/Alzheim...

My mom has dementia/Alzheimer's and what could be offered is a locked facility. They are breaking ground for a memory care facility but my mom needs the help now. The personnel there are kind.

Outstanding facility and staff

Outstanding facility and staff

Brookdale DeLand is a premiere assisted living community located in DeLand, Florida, part of the Daytona Beach metropolitan area. DeLand is an exceptional place to live, offering its citizens access to world class educational and cultural opportunities. Home to Stetson University and the Museum of Florida Art, DeLand boasts a rich heritage and a strong sense of community.

That strong sense of community pride extends into Brookdale DeLand where residents feel comfortable and at home right away. Our warm and welcoming staff is available around the clock to meet the needs of residents while they enjoy all the luxuries that our community offers. We offer a wide range of assisted living services, which include:

Personalized assisted living plans tailored to the unique needs of each resident
A vibrant and dynamic social calendar
Balanced and nutritious meals served in our dining room
Personal laundry and housekeeping services
Medication management services
Nursing services with licensed nurses on call around the clock
Continence management

We are adding to our extensive care services by preparing to offer memory care services soon.