Brightview Bel Air - Bel Air, MD

They made my mom as comfortable as she could be in the time she had before she passed.

The Most Wonderful Place to Live

I am currently in the process of moving my mother-in-law into the "independent" living section of Brightview Avondell. The people are absolutely amazing and friendly and the facility is beautifully maintained.
They have so many amenities to keep her active and engaged: three "restaurants" (with culinary cooking and many options), beauty parlor, movie theater exercise classes/activities swimming pool, in-home counseling and physical therapy, weekly apartment cleaning, and almost all of the utilities are included. They also have a "happy hour" six days per week that include free drinks for residents and guests which promotes socialization.
Many of the residents we've talked with liken it to being on a cruise ship!
Other reviews have mentioned that it's not enough care but this is \"independent living\" -- they should keep in mind that this is for functioning seniors not requiring much medical assistance.
The staff genuinely care about her and have bent over backwards to make the transition as easy and smooth as possible.
I cannot say enough about the staff -- they educate everyone and notify them that she is a new tenant. They have a photograph of her so the everyone knows her name before meeting her.
There is no other facility in Harford County that offers independent living. It helps her feel like she is still a functioning person in society. The cost is irrelevant when compared to her happiness.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your positive review and feedback. Brightview Avondell offers active seniors a worry free lifestyle. Residents do what they want to do each day! And, as you say, residents love to liken the community to a cruise ship! All of the amenities are there for them to enjoy. Residents also stay connected and are engaged which is important for overall health.

All Is Fine

My mom is doing fine with the help of the community. The staff are doing fine with the care that they are providing. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Very nice, but a bit pricey...

My tour of Brightview was great! Everything looked very good, and the staff were friendly. In the end, we did not choose this facility due to the fact that it was out of our price range, but it was nice!

Not a good fit for Dad.

We toured Brightview when looking for my father. They did not offer an assisted living section at all. I liked the community but my dad said it felt like a hotel. There are 3 or 4 levels and it was too busy. He also noticed that most of the residents were women.Due to the atmosphere and cost of Brightview he chose another community in the area.

Not enough space!

This community did not give enough care to there residents and it would not have been enough for my wife. The rooms were small and they only had doubles. The price for it was outrageous considering what they offered. The people were nice and they answered all of my questions.

We were very happy with the care that we received for my mom. This service was very helpful to our needs, the care taker was nice and responsible and reliable. We liked that she was on time and was able to help with my mom being able to walk around and it was nice to have the help. We would recommend this service to other families for all there help with a good value for care

Brightview Senior Living

Hi! Thanks for your feedback and positive review. The highest quality service and care are at the core of Brightview's mission and our associates are dedicated to exceeding expectations each day.

My Tour Was Okay Just Too Far For Us

My tour of this facility was okay. The community appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was kind and friendly. The location of this community wasn't convenient for our families. I based my choice off our budget and the comforts of the community. This just wasn't the place for my mother and her needs.

Not The Best Experience

My mother experience here at this community was an okay one. I would say the staff could have more of a positive attitude. The community looked decent, they could do a better job with the cleanliness.

The facility is great. The population there is compatible and the people get along well. We were originally looking for a 2 bedroom but it was too far down the hallway where they could not gain access to the other facility, the walk would be too long. We had to go with a 1 bedroom which was closer to the other facility.

did not care for

visited with a friend who was visiting for his mom. did not care for old building and not impressed. rooms are small

We absolutely love them. It's been a wonderful experience.

We absolutely love them. It's been a wonderful experience. The staff has been wonderful. The only thing I don't care for is that they only have one elevator in the building. I haven't met one contrary person yet, and I really appreciate that. They have been great about addressing issues as they come up and being very responsive and communicative.

Brightview Bel Air certainly has more good points then bad.

Brightview Bel Air is a pleasant building with some very nice amenities. The dining room in particular has a nice atmosphere for the residents and the food was decent. Overall, the only criticism I could possibly offer is that it seems a little dark inside..however there were renovations going on at the end of my father's stay that may have made a difference. I did not get to see the final outcome.

The staff in general was helpful and took good care of my dad. My only real complaint was that there needed to be better communication between the nursing staff and myself. It seemed that nursing was a little overwhelmed and disorganized to effectively communicate with family. You could get information but frequently you had to go searching for it and sometimes things happened that I only found out about accidentally.

In general, these places are only as good as you make them...you have to stay very involved and watch out for your loved one. Overall, Brightview tried to provide some nice activities and field trips for the residents and a home like atmosphere. Probably not a bad choice for an assisted living facility.

Avendell a great community

I recently moved my mother into Avondell. The staff are extremely helpful and very friendly. The residents made my mother feel welcome right away. She now has a safe and friendly place to stay with all kinds of events to participate in if she so desires. She does not have to worry about cooking and cleaning, which has been difficult for her, because they take care of that. They provide transportation to her doctors appointments and for shopping trips. I no longer have to worry that she safe.

Very nice facility but a li...

Very nice facility but a little beyound mom's means. There was no one to meeet with us at the time of our visit. We went directly from Brightview Avondell without an appointment.

Very nice facility but a li...

Very nice facility but a little beyound mom's means.

From the moment you step inside you can sense the upbeat atmosphere of Brightview Bel Air in Bel Air, Maryland. Whether you’re looking for potential-filled Assisted Living or award-winning Alzheimer’s Care, Brightview Bel Air residents and their families find everything they need for a better, more fulfilling quality of life.

A lovely community with an excellent reputation, many say Brightview Bel Air feels like a beautiful inn or bed and breakfast. Assisted Living features a variety of apartment styles along with a wealth of services and amenities that make life easier to manage – and easier to enjoy.

We’re focused on residents’ health and wellness, offering personalized assistance plans tailored to individual needs — from help with bathing to managing medications. The community has on-site registered nurses, 24-hour staffing, personalized emergency response pendants, scheduled transportation, and more. Wellness also includes three gracious-dining meals and a full roster of activities to choose from daily. Ask a community representative to share some of the out-of-the-ordinary activities Brightview Bel Air residents have enjoyed.

Wellspring Village is a secure neighborhood of apartments designed for the special needs of those with Alzheimer’s or other memory limitations. This award-winning program of care is delivered by highly trained staff in a positive reinforcement style of dignity and respect. Our Wellspring Village Director was recently awarded Brightview Senior Living’s coveted Caregiver of the Year Award for excellence in service to residents.

Conveniently located on West Ring Factory Road, near shopping, restaurants, physicians’ offices and Upper Chesapeake Hospital Brightview Bel Air serves Bel Air, Abingdon, Joppa, Forest Hill, Havre de Grace, Aberdeen, Edgewood, Fallston and the surrounding area.