Brighton House of Riverton - Riverton, UT

Very Helpful Welcoming Staff

My grandmother is doing very well and we are pleased. The community is very well-kept and they keep the facility pretty clean. The staff has been very helpful and and welcoming to us. They do offer nice activities for the residents. The food isn't the best, it is cooking that she is not really use too. Overall everything is working out very well and I would recommend it.

Review of Brighton House of Riverton - Riverton, UT

Nice facility. Clean and friendly staff

Review of Brighton House of Riverton - Riverton, UT

Staff was very friendly. The facility and service available appear to be just right for our needs.

Haldol Treatment

Regarding Brighton House in Riverton, Utah. Placing my Mother in this home was a terrible mistake. The doctor (Hawkins) and Nurse (Brigitte) and the House Manager (Vicki) all decided it would be a great idea to give my Mother the drug "Haldol" on or about July 9, 2014. If you look the drug up, you will see that Haldol (or Haloperidol) is a drug that is not approved for use on elderly with dementia. When I was told that my Mother was dying, I immediately drove from New Mexico and came into the room on July 11 to find that my Mother's tongue was sticking out and her body was stiff as a board, which are both severe side effects of this drug. My Mother died a few days later because she could not swallow. We insisted that they stop the drug and give her Valium. The doctor and the nurse did as we wished but it was too late. Mom could not swallow food or drink. Since she was in "hospice," this drug treatment was not investigated. However, two laws were broken, as far as I can see, the 1987 law to prevent elderly from being chemically restrained and administering a non-FDA approved drug - Haldol - to my elderly Mother with dementia. This is a horrible, horrible, way to die. I will never forgive myself for placing her in harm’s way, especially after she had told me on the phone that the staff was mean to her (Vicki) and were laughing at her. She hated it there. Of course, the doctor and nurse showed sufficient sorrow after Mom died. This was a preventable early death. Mom talked to me one day before she died and two days before she died, she reached up and held the left side of my face. Although her heartbeat was fast (a symptom of Haldol) her vitals were fine two days prior to her death. I believe in my heart that she died of the drug Haldol, that she did not have a stroke that caused her death, and that my Mother was chemically restrained because she was angry at the treatment at the Brighton House. Please look up the drug "Haldol (Haloperidol) and see for yourself. Don't let this happen to your loved one.

The worker's and owner are really nic...

The worker's and owner are really nice people. They try hard to meet the needs of all the patients. They seem a little understaffed to me, but my aunt is getting adjusted to a new situation, new environment and new people trying to help her.