Bridgecreek - West Covina, CA

We were very well treated by the sales staff and it has many nice things to recommend it but the decor of both the building and the furnishings was not appealing. The whole place had a smell (not one of uncleanliness) which was not pleasant. Just not a good fit.

I love the staff

The staff here at this community has provided all that they promised. I love the staff; they are knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming. The facility’s cleanliness is good as well. They assist with the resident’s laundry once a week and take out the trash at least twice a week. They provided activities for the residents to participate in their free time. The other communities that I toured were more expensive, larger than I would like, and they were offering the same services for the most part so this property was the better fit for price and service.

good people horrible food

The caregivers are amazing. The apartments are nice. Management is really nice. The food is horrific and should not be apart of the monthly cost. The management is not on site over night. The cost are very high and go up 5% yearly, it's outrageous! These are seniors who do not have a income any more. Rent should not be triple what it would cost for a mortgage.

The moment I walk into the lobby, I was smacked in the face with the strongest... How do I say...nothing else comes to mind but...geriatric smell. Total turn off. Nice people but too down home for us. Bedrooms are narrow.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve. Thank you providing this information so we can improve upon our services.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff at this community where very friendly and gave my loved one and I a great tour of there community. They had a wide open floor plan that was easy for the residents to navigate through. I liked that I saw many of them involved in different activities throughout the building. It was just more of a location issue that I had on why I couldn't place my mother in this community.

Nice Informative Tour

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community looked nice from what I saw. It was nice and clean, and well maintained. My questions were answered, they were informative. The staff was nice and courteous as well. It was pleasant experience.

Available Transportation!!

I really liked that this place had available transportation for my mother. It would make it easier for her to be able to get to her appointments. I was able to see the beautician that they have available. I thought this service was great. My mother would be able to get her hair done and have some time for herself. The age group they had made sure that the residents would be around the same age making it easier for them to interact with each other. It was a great place with attentive staff.

It Is Very Well

My mom is doing very well here and she is getting the best experience. She likes the friendly, helpful and warm staff members. My mom really enjoys how good her meals are. The community is kept clean and looks very nice. She gets to keep her dog with here at this community!

My Aunt Is Doing Well Here

Everything is working out very well for aunt here at this community. I'am satisfied with the care they are providing her with. The staff is great, they have been great to work with. The community looks very well maintained, her room and the facility are very well-kept. The food is okay, they do serve well balanced meals. Overall she is happy here and I would recommend this community.

Really liked the manager David. Seems to genuinely care about the residents. Residents appeared happy. Had lunch and it was very good. Nice roomy apartments. Very well maintained.

Everything Was Okay

This community severed its purpose to us and it was an okay experience in the time my friend did stay here. The community is very nice and looks good. The staff was helpful and nice to her. She didn't really get out much to social. They do offer good activities for residents and the food is pretty good. There isn't anything special about this, but it is okay so I would recommend it.

So far they have been fine.

So far they have been fine. I haven't had any complaints, at least at this point. It's clean and the staff is nice. I don't think there is anything specific that needs to be better. I would recommend them to others.

The food is fabulous

It has been wonderful. The food is fabulous. They gave me samples of it when I took a tour. This is one of the main reasons why I chose this place. My brother in law is well taken care of. I can sleep without worrying about him. The stress has been taken out of us because we are relieved. Everything has been going great at the Bridgecreek. It's a wonderful place with very nice people. I would recommend it.

Mom is Home

From the moment we walked in for our tour, we felt welcomed and at home. The atmosphere was like being with family. The care and attention she receives from her care givers and the Bridge Creek staff is wonderful. I know this because mom is so happy here!

My review after a month of mom living at Bridgecreek

I moved my mother into the community after looking at several places.

At first after reading the reviews I decided to not look at Bridgecreek. However, a friend of mine from church had recommended as well as one of my neighbors who had to move the parents. They had nothing but good things to say.

The tour was very precise. Not pushy but very comfortable. You can tell they actually care.

I went back a total of three times. First time I did the research to eliminate places that I would bring my mother. The second visit we brought her in for lunch and final visit we brought family in and signed the agreement.

We have been very happy since. They recently did a remodel so there pictures online aren't up to date. My mom has made several friends and isn't lonely and has engaged herself in activities.

It is independent living however we contract care at a very reasonable price that's available on site. We were working on a budget so the value here is great.

So far so good. I've looked at several places in the area and this by far has been the best especially for the price.

Bridgecreek

*Meals were terrible
*A resident was verbally attacked for complaining about the quality of the meal during mealtime in front of other residents.
*Wait time to be serve meals was disgraceful for the residents because they were frequently short of help. My parents chose to return to their apt without eating because of the long wait for service.
*Housekeeping was terrible. Apartment floors were not mopped on regular basis.
*Facility exterior security/safety lights were not fixed for the duration my parents were there (1 year).
*Landscaping was nicely done at the front of the facility but the east side area was neglected.
*Window screen was missing from the time my parents moved up until they moved out in spite of reminding manager and maintenance staff on several occasions.
*Balcony was filthy and so were the windows.
*East side 2nd floor exit door lock mechanism was not fixed for several weeks even after my repeated complaints
*My parents' rent increase by $250.00 after 1 year. When I informed the manager that my parents were moving out, the rent increase was changed to $25.00.

Mom is Home~

From the moment we walked in for our tour, we felt welcomed and at home. The atmosphere was like being with family. We had been to a few other communities in the area, and never felt this sense of warmth. We knew that Bridge Creek was a fit for us. Fortunately, my mom was able to participate in her new residence selection, so her input was what was important. We liked that the managers of this community live on the grounds and are available 24/7 if needed. Also, the building isn't so large as some of the others we visited, which makes getting around so much easier for mom, easy to remember her way around. They have classes, events and outings for those who want to participate, as do all of the other communities. Mom easily made friends and is enjoying not being alone like she was in her own home previously. The care and attention she receives from her care givers and the Bridge Creek staff is wonderful. I know this because mom is so happy here! One tip that I told mom when we were conducting our search, look at the residents and see if they're happy and satisfied. Overall, this will tell you volumes about the community without the sales staff telling you how nice the community is, they're out to make sales after all. This worked for us, and Bridge Creek is a fit!

One Big Issue, Otherwise I'm Happy

I'm happy with the place except for one thing. I moved into a room right on the freeway and had a written agreement that they would move me to another apartment once one became available. They have this thing where you can pay fee to lock in your price for life
then they moved me and the said that I would have to pay the fee again. It did say in the contract that it was only applicable to on apartment but I was in no condition to read the agreement at the time and they were aware that I was moving so they should have made that clear. On that basis I am extremely unhappy with Bridgecreek. I sent a letter to the corporate headquarters so I'm waiting to hear what's going on. I think it was kind of deceptive of them.

The meals are decent. They're not gourmet but they're decent. The management is very friendly and helpful. We have a few old crabs but most of the residents are very nice. If I could just get that one adjustment made I'd be very happy here. They were fully aware that I was moving and no body made that clear that I would have to pay again if I moved. It was also in writing that they were going to do the move with no charge and my family ended up doing most of the move.

We're Happy

I think overall, just based on my experience looking at other facilities, it's what you get for that amount of money. It's really high but it's around the same as the others we looked at. They do have activities. My mother is still trying to adjust so she's kind of complaining but they definitely have activities if you look for them. They have movement classes. They have Wii. they have bridge and outings - I think they do really well.

Good Community

We are very satisfied with this community. The staff is friendly but there is one or two that are not as friendly like everywhere else. They are doing a good job for what they have. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Bridgecreek is a very nice facility. ...

Bridgecreek is a very nice facility. It is very open, bright and airy feeling, with lovely grounds. The personal living spaces seemed the nicest in size as all of the facilities I have looked at. The price seemed the most reasonable and possibly even somewhat negotiable according to one of the managers I spoke with. This facility seemed to have the fewest options as far as more intense medical care. They have in-house care givers that can come in for an added fee but they do not have the memory care services like Regency.

Three delicious chef-prepared meals s...

Three delicious chef-prepared meals served daily; Weekly housekeeping and linen service; Numerous planned activities

most units have patios ?linked to eac...

most units have patios ?linked to each other (small frig provided, residents can bring microwaves, toaster ovens) Activity room has kitchen facilities Activities, outings planned (admission fees are residents? responsibility) Small chapel with services provided Guest suite available Travel program?300 communities nationwide?allows her to stay at other communities for up to one week (w/o cost)?Holiday Retirement (Valencia is newer, only 7 yrs old, not as large; same amenities) 30 miles east of downtown LA 30% male, 70% female; diverse ethnicities 3 meals provided with snacks Community fee = 1 month rent Discounts available throughout the year.Without upgrades, fee could be waived.

Located in a quiet suburb of Los Angeles, you’ll love our beautiful grounds, elegant facilities and the convenience of being in the middle of it all. We’re close to shopping, recreation and healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind