B'nai B'rith Homecrest House - Silver Spring, MD

Not In Our Price Range

On our journey to find the right place, we had a tour here too. It was a nice place and they were ready and prepared to show us the community. On the tour they answered all of my questions and it was a very good tour. However, it was not in a good location for the family and the price was not a fit for the budget.

I believe my mother needs more mental assistance than is provided here.

Terrific place

My 90 year old aunt has been a resident in the Edwards Building for nearly three years and she could not be happier. She loves the food and eats better than she ever did when she lived alone. She tells me over and over how pleased she is to be there and how caring the staff and other residents are to her. She eats her meals with three lovely gentlemen.

I have been so impressed with all of the staff and their thoughtfulness. When my aunt has fallen or had other medical emergencies, they acted quickly and contacted me immediately.

My aunt has very limited funds and Homecrest helped us to apply for housing assistance. B'nai B'rith has been generous in subsidizing the cost of her care, for which my aunt and I are both very grateful.

What a nice place!

My mother did not want to move there or anywhere for that matter but she needed to. The staff and the residents were so welcoming that she quickly changed her tune. Eating a delicious lunch together everday got her out of her apartment and socializing right away. She is happier and healthier and safer now.

It is a beautiful facility and we lov...

It is a beautiful facility and we loved it there. It's a HUD facility too. It's a jewish community so all the meals are kosher. They only did one meal a day though.

Clean and Spacious

I guess the value is fine. My mother has complained that the food is not very appetizing. Some of the other people have similar complaints. We chose the community because it is a very clean place, and not too big. The staff was friendly. We are happy with our decision so far. Homecrest House is more spacious that some other homes that we visited, and I really like the neighborhood.

Not really an assisted livi...

Not really an assisted living place. Limited services and place appears much older.

Homecrest House (HH) would be perfect...

Homecrest House (HH) would be perfect for my mother. Director gave us a nice tour. The residences are each a small 3-room apartment with a handicapped accessible shower. The building is spacious and clean. The dining room is clean and has nice light and there is a big pond that the residents can sit and look at from the porch or walk or wheel around. Lunch and dinner are served to the residents in the dining room and breakfast is provided for the residents in their rooms to have at their leisure. There are several activity rooms which were all being used and a library. The cost, when adjusted for the subsidy is reasonable and I think affordable.

The best of the three. Clean, apartm...

The best of the three. Clean, apartments looks great. No odors. subsidies available. no nursing or skilled nursing service. wouldn't work for mom. Especially liked the walk-in shower/bath. Nice kitchens.

The Robert Edwards Building opened its doors in 1990. The mission of Homecrest House is to provide seniors of limited income with subsidized supportive, affordable housing in order to maintain independence and quality of life. Our staff has over 30 years of experience in the care for the elderly. Our Executive Director has over 17 years in elder care experience. The Edwards Building has one bedroom apartments. Each bedroom has a gorgeous picture window overlooking the pond or woods. There is also a living room,a kitchenette, and assessable walk-in shower. On our ten acre campus in northwestern Silver Spring, Maryland, the Edwards Building overlooks the Homecrest House pond that is complete with beautiful landscaping and trails. Our residents love our warm friendly staff and their family has level of comfort that their loved ones are being given quality care and attention.

The Edwards building provides subsidy for rent and the Personal Care Housing services to those who qualify based on their income and assets. The services include daily meals, weekly laundry, weekly housecleaning, shower assistance and the optional medication administration program for those who needs this service.