Bluegrass Assisted Living - Elizabethtown, KY

Review of Bluegrass Assisted Living

They cannot keep employees and have had 4 managers in 5 years. Owner lives in Calif. and Mexico and is never there. All kinds of promises made when Mom moved in - transportation, trips for fun, ect. never happened. Food is mostly carbs and overcooked. No fresh food hardly ever. Laundry washed all together- no separation of loads. Housekeeping in rooms not good. Floors are concrete with indoor/outdoor carpet , no padding so a fall means a broken bone. They have a locked Alzheimer wing. I shudder to think how it looks or is managed.

Great Job Bluegrass Assisted Living Elizabethtown ky

I have an aunt that I visit at your facility. I have noticed many improvements the last couple of weeks. It feels like a totally different atmosphere. We were considering moving her, Not now. The new director talked with our family for over 45 minutes. Now we have a tour for my uncle in place.
[Removed] & staff
On an excellent job.
Sincerely,
. [Removed]

Move your loved ones out asap

Worse place in HC.see the news posts 8-21 Help can never be located inside when a resident needs help.Staff goes outside to smoke and leaves the residents inside alone..Staff changes way too often.Check with Hardin County to the count ambulance runs just this summer just from falls.Owner has little idea of what goes on ,he lives in California..So much more I could say.I regret ever placing mom there,it was a terrible mistake.

Patient and Stern Guidance

Our loved one is now in a safe and caring place. We immediately liked what we saw at Bluegrass, and [removed name] is simply amazing. I was told they go "above and beyond", and boy has that been true. [removed name] uses the perfect balance of patience and stern direction; all for the benefit of the residents. I would recommend Bluegrass, as long as it is being run by [removed name], to anyone.

Mom Doing Better with Her Move Here

My mother is doing better since her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and receiving great care. They have a good staff at this community. They have been friendly,and helpful. They have nice meals, and good activities offered for the residents. Everything is working out well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Thank You, Bluegrass!

My sister and I were so happy to secure a room at Bluegrass Assisted Living for our mother. The staff were so friendly and took a real interest in our mom. We could relax and not worry about her for the first time in a long time. We were hoping she would be able to remain at Bluegrass for many years, but unfortunately, she declined so rapidly, she had to leave assisted living and go into a nursing home. Based on our experience, we would recommend Bluegrass Assisted Living to anyone looking for a nice, caring facility at an affordable price.

Friendly caring staff. Homelike environment. The seniors there love the meals. The space is clean.

I do not worry about my mom since she moved into Bluegrass!!

Mom has made friends since moving into this community. The staff are friendly, caring and take good care of her. The food is good and is homemade. The community is clean and they have a nice courtyard in the center of the community. They have daily arts and crafts, play games and offer morning exercise classes that have helped her with her walking.

Great place for Mom

My mother is suffering from severe dementia and was getting to be more than I could deal with. With your recommendation I decided to get a tour. They have been so helpful and seem to be really concerned about my mother and making her comfortable. Its a beautiful place and the workers are great. She has been there about 6 weeks and I have no complaints. Every time I have been there they appear to be really attentive and friendly. At first I was worried about leaving mom there but now I trust them totally. They have taken a lot of worry off my shoulders.

The facility cares

We have been pleased that my Dad has worked out in this facility. We found out very quickly that we could not care for my Dad living with us. Bluegrass Assisted Living facility was the best bet for the money and the staff.

I feel that Blue Grass could use a little common sense in doing things.

1. The TV mounted over the couch is an example of things gone wrong. How can you sit on the couch and stare at a blank wall with the tv behind you?

2. A better sign out sheet, listing whom/time out and of course time in. Saves a lot of turmoil when people are not accounted for.

Again it is a good facility and I have had fun times working the management staff.

Good overall

Generally they do a good job here. It's a nice looking place, and it is well kept and clean. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. However, the problem seems to be that there are not enough of them. I feel like they're more worried about money than proper care, and haven't hired enough caregivers. During nights and weekends they seem very understaffed. We also had an issue with the emergency button necklaces the residents wear not being reliable.

Nice facilities but limited off site ...

Nice facilities but limited off site activities provided - one a month. Smaller number of units but cost per rooms is very reasonable. Altzheimer units available at a very reasonable rate too. Less then five minutes from my home.

Our goal is to treat each client as an individual and ensure that the service plan that we create for them still allows the freedom, respect and dignity that they deserve. We strive to make our facility your home away from home, and to make the transition simple for each client and their family members.