Blue Skies of San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

We were very impressed with our tour by [Removed]. The home is in a very nice neighborhood and beautifully maintained inside and out. [Removed]is experienced in Sr care & offers every service to make life easy for residents & families. It was after lunch &
everyone was watching a movie together and all seemed very content. The San Marcos home is pricier than Oceanside and I can assume its just as immaculate.

A great choice

I was able to speak with the staff of this community for the care for my husband. I got a great feeling about the community. I know that they had everything that we were looking for and it was close to our home. I know that if we would have moved into the community it would have been a good choice for care for my husband. I would recommend this community to other families for the care of a loved one.

Leo Delancey

Thanks, we appreciate it.

Family Oriented

My Uncle seems to have adjusted very well with the move into Blue Skies. Everything is going very good and we are very pleased with our choice. The staff is very nice and helpful and the community is very clean I've had no concerns there. I feel the community is very family oriented and personable which is very nice for my uncle. He seems to be doing very well.

Leo Delancey

Thanks, we appreciate the kind words.

This is a place that i wil always recommend to my friends and other people that are looking for a place for their parents. The home is so clean, the staff are so compassionate and the care that they show to all the residents are so amazing ! The owners are so attached with their residents and they love them so much! Their food are so delicious and they have good cook. Thank God for finding this place for our dad! We're so happy!

Thank you!

Blue Skies is nestled in the beautiful hills of San Marcos, California. With its homey atmosphere, the owners and all of the staff members are very attentive to the needs of the residents, making their health, comfort, safety and general happiness a top priority. It is very clean and well appointed and the meals are delicious. So glad I found Blue Skies!

Leo Delancey

Thank you so much for your kind words Gloria, we're happy to be able to provide a comfortable home for your mom Hannah.

Review of Blue Skies of San Marcos Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Marcos, CA

We arrived for our appointment on time but nobody answered the phone to give us access to the gated community, we eventually followed another car in. We rang the doorbell, knocked on the door, and called on the phone. Eventually one of the employees let us in. Lauren Delancy was not there for our appointment. She did not call us. We had a quick tour of the house. There are no rooms available anyway. It was a waste of our time.

Leo Delancey

Oops, not sure how the communication breakdown happened but I apologize for the inconvenience.

Nice newer home in gated co...

Nice newer home in gated community. clean home and seems well organized. had room reserved for May, but fell through - miscommunication w/owner!! Confirmed we had the room, but than called week of April 21 to say room not available after all but we had already given 30 day notice at Silvergate! Put us in real bind!!

Leo Delancey

I don't recall this but I apologize for the bind you found yourself in and hope that everything worked out good for you.

Home is where the heart is

I was relatively happy with the care my mom received at Blue Skies. They caregivers seem to care for their residents. I loved that everyone was dressed daily, had make up on, hair brushed, etc. This should be a given, but I visited residential care homes where people were wearing night clothes at the lunch table.

My biggest concern about the facility is the lack of activities. It would be nice if they could find an outside volunteer organization that could come in and play music for the residents, or even some types of games. All people like music no matter if they have dementia or not.

It would also be nice if they provided some type of regular report to family members, of course within the HIPPAA guidelines. I found it difficult to get good accurate information regarding my mom.

Leo Delancey

Very valuable input...we are currently researching Volunteer Action for Aging to see if they can help provide enjoyable activities for our residents. We do encourage our staff to play games with the residents who are willing and able to participate, but for some, Alzheimer's and dementia can be a big obstacle to playing even a simple game like Bingo.

I'm not sure how to respond to the suggestion to provide a regular report to family members as this is the first time I've been made aware of a complaint of this nature. If our staff is unable to provide satisfactory information, Lauren and I are always just a phone call away and are more than willing to provide answers to any questions our clients may have.

I like this area.

I like this area.

Yes, it's nice!

Like it. Caregivers were nice. Resi...

Like it. Caregivers were nice. Residents seemed happy. They have activities, no concerns about special meal request, etc.

Leo Delancey

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback.

Blue Skies of San Marcos is a 6-bed Residential Care Facility for the Elderly, providing 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, including personal care and transfer assistance for those who need it.

Located just minutes from Restaurant Row, and easily accessible from Highway 78, Blue Skies of San Marcos is a beautiful, peaceful haven located in a private, gated community where our residents find comfort and security in the friendship and loving care we provide. All rooms have cable tv, and our large living room is very inviting to those guests who prefer to socialize. Activities are planned to suit the specific needs and desires of each resident, and our caregiver training emphasizes interaction with our guests to ensure the fulfillment of their physical, mental, and emotional needs.

We provide three meals daily, plus snacks when desired. All cleaning, cooking, and laundry services, as well as medication management, are provided by our carefully selected and trained staff.

At Blue Skies, our focus is to create a happy, cheerful environment for our guests to enjoy. But don't take our word for it, please feel free to tour our facility and speak with our clients and their loved ones. When you see how happy they are, we know you'll want to join our family!