Bickford of Springfield - Springfield, IL

Very good impression. Clean, home-like environment;lots of living space. I wouldn't mind living there myself. Bonus, [Removed] is a niece of my late mother's best friend from high school & is familiar with my dad's old friends as well. Can't get much better than that!

Although we are not ready to place Dad at this time, this is where we would like to place him if/when the time comes.

Great Place!!

Both of my parents have recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for them both. They are getting settled in and adapting into there new living environment that has been the perfect fit for them so far. The staff have been helpful to there needs and I like that the nurses are on top of things when it comes to there health. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and we have been pleased with how things have gone so far.

It Was A Big Place

We decided not to use this community because of it's size. We thought it was too big for my mom to walk through.

We are happy with the living area and the service.

The facility is lovely, clean and inviting. Staff are friendly and helpful. The apartment is spacious and nice. My brother seems happy there. My mother in law was at Bickford for 2 years before her death. The service then and now are excellent.

Not much going on...

I toured the Bickford several times, and every time I went there did not seem to be too much activity going on. The residents did not really come out of their apartments. They did not seem to involved in activities and I did not like the location. There was too much commercial around like grocery stores and banks. In the rooms, there was only one window and we wanted many so there would be natural lighting like at her house. It was not what we were looking for.

Accommodating staff!!

The community has been very welcoming to my mother-in-law. The staff at this community really goes an extra step to make her stay as comfortable as possible. They even called her doctor about a certain health concern instead of making me take care of it. The meals are great. When i have had meals there, the chef always says to tell him if there is anything she wants different he will make. Her room feels like an apartment. She has her own bathroom, small kitchen and even a small living room. She has a window in her room which provides extra lighting. They also have a mixture of activities and even a music program. Overall i am very happy with this community, the staff here is always very happy and tend to her every need.

Not like home!

Me and my loved one were able to tour this community. We liked the people they were all very helpful and answered all the questions. This just was not he place for us. The community was to big and we were looking for a smaller more homey place.

We like this community!!

My parents are still adjusting to living at Bickford. The staff are outgoing and very personable. The food is great there are a lot of choices and the meals are well balanced. They offer a variety of activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Took A Tour!!

The tour guide was knowledgeable, he was able to explain everything very well to me. The community has a beautician on site and are pet friendly. The rooms were presented to me they looked very clean and organized. I did not feel a warmth of the community during my tour. Unfortunately i couldn't feel like my loved one would have been able to feel like living at home.

Ripped off at Bickford

On January 15, 2016 my wife Martha T [removed] and I scheduled a short term stay for my wife at Bickford of Springfield, Illinois. The dates were April 16, 2016 to April 24, 2016 at a cost of $100 per day. I wrote a check in the amount of $500.00 for the deposit. The deposit signed statement stated that “the apartment rental rate is fully refundable if I am/the resident is unable to move in.”
I was going on a week-long trip and Martha couldn’t stay home alone because of her anxiety with being alone. She decided on Bickford rather than staying at her daughter’s house because they have 2 Pit Bulls and she couldn’t stand being around them.
On April 24th I brought Martha to Bickford at approximately 1:00 PM. I then wrote another check for $300.00 requested for the remaining balance of her stay at which time we did not receive any copy of any contracts. We then moved her belongings into the room assigned to her. I then left to prepare for my trip.
At 3:00 PM Martha called me at home saying that due to her anxiety she could not stay at Bickford.
I immediately went to Bickford to her room where she had not unpacked. We then informed Bickford representatives that Martha was not going to stay the remaining week. We then moved her belongings to our car and went home.
During her 3 hour stay she did not eat any meals or use any services or activities and was not visited by any Bickford representatives. Martha self medicated herself and did not require any special services.
I contacted Bickford of Springfield, Illinois on April 25th about getting a refund for the days Martha was not staying at the location. I was told that because they were full and could have filled the unused room that we would not receive any refund. While we were there it did not seem that all the rooms were in use as there were very few people there.

the staff is just fantastic

They are treating her really well at Bickford of Springfield. I am pleased with the care they are giving her. She has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The staff is just fantastic at this facility. For what she can do the activities are good. They do try to get her to come down and eat meals. She is doing okay here.

Pricing needs updated, good other than that.

The facility is beautiful. There is no smell, it doesn't smell like a nursing home. The only thing is It isn't what they charge. A place for mom was off in the pricing. around $4,000 off . A place for mom needs updated information with better range of cost so people know there are other charges as well. Other than that, I think it's a great place. The people are very friendly.

Way too expensive. Very nice, but not real affordable.

I think Bickford is a great place, but there are a few concerns

I think Bickford is a great place, and I think the director is fabulous. There have been several instances where some of the grooming and hygiene service plan hasn't been followed through, when she is little reluctant, due to dementia issues. They are being responsive about it, but I think there may be a communication issue. It may just not be the right fit. If it was just an independent living place, it would be fabulous. The first day we came for a meal and they ran out of a few things, and it took a very long time, though I guess if you don't have anywhere to be, that wouldn't. I did ask for regular updates, and it doesn't always happen, but there is one girl that updates me on a fairly regular basis. It's a cute little place, and it's an apartment not just a little room.

Our assisted living experience Bickford House

Overall I have been pleased with the care and services provided for my mother. The first couple of weeks were challenging for her as she (and we) got adjusted to new surroundings, staff and schedule. She seems to have made the adjustment pretty well.

Her apartment is a perfect size and is adjacent to the dining room and community room.

Staff are generally very kind and accomodating to her needs. There are several staff who go above and beyond on engaging her and checking on her well being. I've noticed lately that she is venturing out a little more which is good.

I initially spent a lot of time there with her but now feel comfortable being away for longer periods of time. I do still go in the evening to help her with shower and getting ready for bed. It's part of my routine but I'm also certain that staff would help her if necessary.

We made a tough but necessary decision and have not regretted it

Bickford is A+++

I can not say enough wonderful things about Bickford. The staff have gone ABOVE and BEYOND anything that I could have expected. They made the difficult transition from my mother to living in assisted living much easier. It is very difficult dealing with a parent with memory issues, and the staff has made me feel at ease knowing that she is in good hands. The building is amazing, the food is great and the activities they offer the tenants is quite remarkable. Every time I have called, I have felt that the staff truly care about every concern I have and making my mom feel at home. Many times the director answers the phone which is very comforting. As independent, assisted living and memory care tenants lives together in the same building, my mother is not separated because of her memory issues which I feel will give her more of a sense of independence. I feel very confident that she couldn't be in a better place.

very nice ! great location

very nice ! great location

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services