Better Living of Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek, CA

I took a tour!

The Better Living of Walnut Creek was a very nice place, it was clean and the people were friendly. My husband wanted a bigger place for his mother, and this place was a home so we ended up choosing something else, but this place was very nice and there was nothing wrong with it.

exceptional

The have done an exceptional job making the transition smooth as my mother moved from another facility to this one. Mother is in hospice and will not likely be around much longer, but they have been simply outstanding and have taken great care of her. I give them my highest praise!

Staff have compassionate attitude, they do a great job

I like the owner's and the care giver's compassion, humor, and attitude. They do a great job.

The location works well for me, because it isn't too far. I live in Clayton.

For activities, they have music, and some other activities. Different people come in and do music stuff. My father likes the fact that they're friendly, and they take good care of him.

I highly recommend them.

Review of Better Living of Walnut Creek Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Walnut Creek, CA

Beautiful yard front and back. The inside was all hardwood floors with no steps or ramps to deal with. Anabelle was wonderful and sat and talk to me about my mom and her needs. She had a master suite on hold for someone and waiting to hear if she's coming. Te bedroom was roomy and the bath had a shower that you can just walk into with no steps. It has a sliding glass door overlooking the backed deck and rose garden. I saw 2 residents , very friendly and happy..I did not see any meals being prepared or eaten during my time there.

3 miles away from me. The h...

3 miles away from me. The home was beautiful inside and out. Residents were clean and neat. Back patio area was very inviting. Anabelle was very informative and caring. 2 caregivers on staff who lived in the residence. Helen and Chan. They have worked for Anabelle for a long time. Piano player comes in to play music and an activity director comes in to plan and conduct activities based on residents' levels. Has a hospice waiver- can care for terminal residents. All rooms are private. Dr. who does house calls for an extra fee or I can take her myself or coordinate with the staff to take her. Staff has first aid and dementia training. Own two other houses 10 and 15 years in the business. Visiting hours 10 am. to 8 pm. alarms on all doors and fenced yard for safety. Can either perform or share responsibilities of Dr. visits, hair cuts, etc. Can accommodate diabetic diets. No vacancy at this time.

Met with the caregiver here. We did ...

Met with the caregiver here. We did not meet w the administrator. While we were not wild about this facility, they DO have a very nice room avalable, which is a nice size, sunny, and has a v nice closet. They rest of the house was a bit tired feeling. There was a very nice patio with a garden with roses and veggys. We felt this might be worth another look.

Both my daughter and I toured the hom...

Both my daughter and I toured the homes. We enjoyed meeting director - loved the room - lots of light throughout the house. Everyone was welcoming - it was calm, clean and pleasant. I loved it - rating 10.

Better Living of Walnut Creek is a licensed senior care community in Walnut Creek, California that specializes in Alzheimer's care. Clients are treated with dedicated memory care techniques and the environment is especially comfortable and nurturing for seniors who suffer from Alzheimer's and dementia. Our community houses 6 clients at a time, which guarantees that patients will receive high-quality, specialized treatment. Many of our caregivers live in the Better Living of Walnut Creek community, so they are readily available to offer services to clients at any time of day or night. The resident facilities are clean and spacious, and are decorated in a way that makes seniors feel at home. An activity director visits the facilities often to plan outings and social events for clients, and a piano player is often on the premises to provide soothing or upbeat music that can help to trigger fond memories for seniors. Family members of Alzheimer's or dementia patients who are considering Better Living of Walnut Creek for their loved ones are encouraged to contact our facilities for additional information.