Six rooms with at least two caregivers on duty. One caregiver lives onsite and is avail during the night, but isn't awake through the night. Clean home and looks very well managed. Can handle residents with no dementia all the way through to hospice. Caregivers are not medically trained for injections or wound care, but do provide medications and know how to handle residents with dementia. Provide three meals a day customized to individual need, including diabetic.

Quite expensive...

Bethany Home was a little expensive. It was neat and well organized. The people there looked friendly, but it did not feel as homey and family-like as the other community that I chose.

Bethany Home - Concord Blvd.

We toured both Concord locations and found both of the homes to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. The residents seemed to be happy. At one of the homes, the residents were hanging out at the dinner table and they were laughing and enjoying one another's company.
After meeting the staff, we were very comfortable selecting this home for our mom. The approach of the staff is to gently engage the residents, while at the same time, respecting their independence as best as possible.
The kitchen was clean and there was fresh fruit on the counters. We even witnessed a dinner preparation which looked amazing. A garden with a walking trail and areas to sit outside were also part of the property.
We moved our mother there just a few weeks ago. While any change is totally difficult for her, we are very happy we selected this home. She is doing very well.

It was like they were putting on a show!!

This care home seemed a little to clean when we visited. There was only one resident out and they were watching television. The person I spoke with was nice and had all the answers, however I do not think they lived there. This care home was also a little expensive for what it was.

Above and Beyond!!

My husband resided here for a few weeks and i just really liked the care from the staff. They made us feel like family everyone was very attentive to his needs. The community was kept well maintained. I would absolutely recommend Bethany Home they did a fabulous job with the care provided for my husband.

Bethany Home has been wonderful

Bethany Home has been wonderful. They have been very very caring of my mother. The staff are very friendly. The facility itself is nice and clean. I love that they offer plenty of activities. Overall I am really happy with this facility.

Communication issues.

I think there is a lot of communication issues at the Bethany Home. They did not communicate to us that they were changing the price. They could improve on the communication. Everything else was pretty good. The facility was very clean. We were only there for about a week and a half. I probably would not recommend the Bethany Home. My overall rating of this facility is three stars. They could improve.

Bethany care home

Great care for my mom who suffers with dementia,compatianiate care givers

The facility was very clean. There was just not enough socializing going on there.

The facility was was very clean and the staff was friendly. The only problem was that my mom wasn't getting a lot of socializing. The other residents kind of just stayed in their room. My mom likes socializing and interaction. It just wasn't a good fit for my mom personally. I ended up moving her to another place. They also didn't have many activities for the residents. The staff was friendly and helpful though.

Very Pleased!

Very pleased. We had some issues getting settled in and they handled it beautifully. The care givers were very kind. They are on top of everything. It has only been 6 weeks but we couldn't be happier. I hope it continues. The Bethany Home is a great community. I would highly recommend this to anyone searching for an assisted living home. It is great. I am happy and my loved one is happy here. Nice place.

Clean, Warm & Friendly

Our Mother really enjoys living at Bethany Home Care. The caregivers are so warm and friendly and really help her out when she has to bathe, dress, take her medication and fix her hair. She loves the food and has regained her appetite after not eating much at a former care home. Her laundry is done promptly and her bed is changed as needed. No bad smells come from her room, for which we are thankful.

Friendly and clean, but not well experienced with Alzheimer's.

This wasn't the right place for us. They were clean, and the staff was friendly. I just don't think they had the experience to deal with our loved one. There wasn't much of an assessment, just some forms to fill out. I would be cautious having Alzheimer's residents here. I just don't think they have the training or experience for that here.

So Relieved

I moved my 95 year old mother from Bouganvilla Place about whom we had increasing concerns. Bethany Home was immediately notable for its attractiveness, professionalism and warmth. The quality of care became evident from the outset when they discovered pressure sores that had not been previously reported. The staff at Bethany is cheerful, considerate and welcoming.

Review of Bethany Home Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Concord, CA

Really liked it, nice and clean. Price $4500/mo

Of two residential care fac...

Of two residential care facilities, probably the nice of the two but room small compared to La Orinda. No other memory care patients in house at this time and no lock on back door. Two caregivers mornings and evenings and only one during day, probably due to there not being many memory patients. Price prohibitive as well at $5K/mo.

Comfortable Clean Caregiving

Clean, nicely decorated home, where residents eat at a dining table as a family. One caregiver to six elderly residents, and she is kept hopping, cooking, doing laundry, assisting residents to bathroom and in/out of bed, giving medications.

I had to make a quick decision, within 24 hours of my tour, and I think I made a good one.

I would have preferred if there were another caregiver to aid in lifting as needed, for the sake of the caregiver there.

The administrator was sympathetic to our situation, as we enrolled my dad so quickly.

It cost $1200 more than my other choice, but was a private room, which is what we needed.