Bentley House by SCH - Los Angeles, CA

A tour for care

I toured this community for my mom's care. The staff were helpful and answered the questions we had on care They might want to consider make the community a little brighter for the residents. They had a nice menu that would be available. I did not feel that this community would be a nice atmosphere. Families might want to tour this community for a loved one.

I would never consider moving my parents to this location. The facility was dilapidated (doors that wouldn't open easily, blinds were in disrepair. The facility smelled like urine. We were shown in to residents rooms with no acknowledgment of their privacy. The person who showed us around spoke broken English and we could not communicate effectively. Residents were sitting in front of a television set, there appeared to be no attempt from the one staff member we saw to interact with any of them.

I Would Consider It

It's a small place, a home. It's the first one we went to. It was very nice. When I was there, there were two caregivers helping the people which is fine. The one in charge was very nice. It's a place I would have considered for my dad but there were not openings.