Bella Vista Memory Care - Fresno, CA

Overall Nice Community

I had a good tour of this community. The tour went well, and everyone was very nice. The community looked nice, and clean from what I was shown. The staff was helpful, and answered my questions. I did find another that met our needs better, but I had a good tour of this community.

My mom is having a rough time accepting that she can not go home and the staff is working with her to change that. I feel that she is safe at Bella Vista Memory Care.
They did figure out that my mom had not been taking one of her meds correctly and they think it has caused some of her difficulty in adjusting. They are very good at staying in touch me and I can call any time should I have any questions.
For the most part, the staff is friendly there was one nurse that my mom did not like on the night shift.
They do have activities, I wish that they would offer the families a calendar or lay out of what activities are going on daily. It would help the family.
They do take my mother to her doctor appointments which are nice.
I would consider recommending Bella Vista Memory Care to my friends and family because it is safe.

Happy

My mom is living at this community and I am satisfied with them. I am good to go and I thank A Place For Mom's generosity.

FANTASTIC

My father lived at Bella Vista for over 2 years. During his stay I could not have been happier with his care. My father could be difficult and hard to negotiate with but the staff are amazing and were able to love my father regardless of any personality flaws that developed during this horrible disease process. He passed away a couple of months ago while receiving hospice care. All the staff at bella vista were able to make the last couple days of his life peaceful and dignified.
Based on another review that I've read, I find it hard to believe that this person is not just disgruntled for another reason. Bella Vista has been so help and accommodating and timely and I have no qualms with them. I even go back to visit the Administrator and her fantastic staff.

Thankful

We have currently had our father at Bella Vista for nearly 4 months, I could not be happier. The staff truly cares about their residents and celebrate who they are regardless of the hurdles they are experiencing due to this horrible disease. Their Administrator personally came to see my father while he was in the hospital in the late evening hours during our time of need. They held our hand during each of step of this process and we have been thankful every day since.

Unethical!

BE CAREFUL in selecting this facility! They act all nice and friendly when you visit but after your loved one dies, they will not refund the unused portion of your payment. Additionally, if you leave their belongings in the room, they will continue to charge you. After a year of trying to get a prorated refund, we took it to small claims court where they agreed to pay in arbitration. It has been another 5 months and they have not paid or responded to our requests. Sleezy!

Thankful

I was so delighted that in my time of need, I was able to stumble into Bella Vista. While other facilities were more interested in selling their amenities; the girls at Bella Vista helped me understand what my mother truly needed and i am looking forward to moving her in next week and I couldn't ask for a more understanding group of people.

toured bella vista and finally found a place that feels like home. everything was very clean and everyone so friendly.

Dad is Doing Well

My father is doing very well here at Bella Vista Memory Care. The community is nice and very clean. The staff has been good and helpful to him. They offer activities daily for the residents and my mother has had one lunch meal with him and enjoyed the food. I would recommend this community it is very nice.

Review of Bella Vista Memory Care-Fresno,CA

Very nice, but too big and noisy for my father.

Review of Bella Vista Memory Care-Fresno,CA

Very very nice. Too big and noisy for my father who is used to quiet. He doesn’t like loud noises.

Bella Vista Memory Care is fantastic.

If you are looking fir a top rate facility for your lived one take a look at this one. If your loved one is a man, absolutely check it. The high percentage of men in this facility makes it very comfortable for all men. The staff is fantastic. They laugh and talk and tease their residents and make them feel at home. They incourage visitirs and you can call to check on your loved one anytime of the day or night. I am so happy that I found this beautiful place to take care of my husband.

It's been really great. We have been impressed with them.

It's been really great. We have been impressed with them. The food has been really good. The parking could be a little better, when it rains it's really difficult in the back parking lot.

great facility

The food is unbelievable. It looks like a banquet when they're feeding the residents. It does not look like an institution it looks like a big beautiful home. It's strictly memory care there. My mom is pretty happy there.

very pleasant experience

My husband has been in Bella Vista Memory Care for eight weeks as of today. I have at times felt guilty that maybe I put him in there too soon, but he is doing well. It is a very nice environment with a garden that he can walk out around in which he loves. It open and very well laid out. They all like him and they are taking very good care of him. He is happy there, which means a lot to me. Overall it has been a very pleasant experience.

A Terrific Facility

The Bella Vista Memory Care is a terrific facility. It is absolutely fair priced. It has been a great experience. I would give the value 6 stars if I could. The staff has been very friendly. The whole community is very clean. I couldn't be happier with this choice for my loved one, it has been great for everyone involved!

They know exactly how to treat people with dementia

Bella Vista Memory Care is an excellent place. I would recommend it because they understand what dementia is and they know exactly how to treat people with dementia. I feel very comfortable with that. They also have a lot freedom which makes the residents feel more independent. The facility itself is very clean and well kept. The staff and residents are very nice and friendly. Overall, Bella Vista Memory Care is a great community.

The care and the facility were very good, but the billing and administration not so much. They were good, for the two weeks we were there, before my loved one passed away. But after he passed, there was some dispute about how long it would take to get reimbursed. The paperwork said it would be within five days. We got a runaround, they kept telling us it was on the way. The facility was nice and the people were nice. But what should have taken five days took more like five weeks.

they are angels!

Bella Vista Memory Care has really been the best place for my mom. She was bedridden for a year, but here she is able to get out a bit in a wheelchair. They are taking great care of her, all the staff love her, and she is eating well and enjoying the food. The previous place we were at was a really bad situation and where I couldn't see her as often, whereas here I am able to go in and see her as often as I like.

They are all angels over at Bella Vista Memory Care. I would want to be there if I were at her age and her situation.

A Place for My Mom

I had just gotten power of attorney for my mom after the lawyer spent all her money and there was no more. At this time mom was bedridden and could not do anything because of her dementia.
I wanted to move mom to be closer to me which is four hours away from where she was. I contacted a Place for Mom with no hope of finding a place for mom due to the amount of funds she had available, even with us paying some. A Place for mom not only found a place to work with us but in two weeks mom has started drinking and feeding herself. She was even in a wheelchair after being bedridden for a year.
I am so thankful for a Place for Mom and Michelle Kiel for the wonderful hard work she has done in helping me. With a lot of prayers and her devotion in finding mom a place we were so fortunate to get her into the place she is now. Mom is happy and flourishing in her new environment. I would recommend A Place for Mom and Michelle Kiel for any senior needs you have.
Bella Vista Memory Care is one of the most friendly, clean and senior friendly environment I have ever seen. The staff has been wonderful and Donna Hurley and her staff are awesome. I praise God and these wonderful people for making my mother's final days a great experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Review of Bella Vista Memory Care Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fresno, CA

Wonderful place. The staff is wonderful and they were so good with moms arrival.

Bella Vista is a new memory care community that opened in October 2013. Bella Vista, Memory Care Community serves those with Alzheimer's and other dementias. At Bella Vista, we honor the whole person through a person-centered, elder-directed philosophy. Our team members collaborate with family members, physicians and other health care partners, to promote wellbeing, providing an expanded life for each elder.

Bella Vista, an intimate 36-apartment community is located in North Fresno. Bella Vista provides a holistic approach to cognitive, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness, promoting purposeful living.