Shining Light Residential Care Facility for the Elderly - Fresno, CA

Care and options

We were not happy with the care at this facility. The staff was not trained properly and were unable to perform basic medical care or even the simplest tasks needed to take care of our family member with Alzheimer's. The staff had to be directed by family members and Hospice personnel on how to administer basic medications to our loved one, turning him over in bed, and transferring non ambulatory patients. Basic hygiene of our loved one during his last hours was [Removed]. Communication with staff was incredibly difficult due to the fact they were not able to speak or understand basic English.  The facility appeared to be clean, but the menu was very limited.  We would suggest the management provide more in depth training in how to offer appropriate care for the elderly with all conditions, especially since they are advertising quality care!

A very nice place!

When I toured Shining Light, I thought it was a nice well maintained home. The tour guide that took me around was great, they were able to answer my questions and give me good information. The reason we did not choose it was because my mother earned a larger facility rather than a smaller home. Other than that, this was a nice place.

Special Care for mom

I toured this community for my mother's care. This community was clean and the staff was nice. The community would not be able to help with my mom's special needs. Families might appreciate seeing this community for the needs of a loved one.

Review of Shining Light RCFE - Fresno, CA

Met with Elva to tour. Very helpful and informative. Home was clean and staff friendly. This home is associated with several others in the area so am hopeful that they might have the room I am looking for in a few months time if it is still needed. Elva informed me that their facilities have a hospice waiver which means the resident can stay in the facility even if nursing home is recommended. They also have end of life care which means once my loved one is settled I dont have to worry about moving her somewhere else if she begins to require additional care. Very pleased with my tour and pleased with the very helpful and knowledgeable staff.