Bella Nova Villa - Oxnard, CA

My mom who has dementia moved into Bella Nova from a large assisted living facility which was not a good fit for her. Almost immediately upon moving to Bella Nova she became less anxious. The staff is caring and good natured which creates a relaxed atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this facility and am glad my mom is living there.

Just the right match!

Finding the right place to care for a loved one is not easy. My sister and I do not live in California and when were faced with the task of finding a care facility near our mother's home in Port Hueneme we were overwhelmed. Not only was our mother's health failing fast, but we had this feeling of guilt that we should be doing the care for her, not someone we did not know.

We got in contact with A Place For Mom and they gave us a list of facilities near her home. We saw several places and one just stood out above the rest. We visited Bella Nova in Oxnard and found it to be by far the best of the places we had seen. The people who run the facility, the works, and the people who are staying there are so nice. They had told us from the beginning that they were a family. There is such a warm and inviting feeling at Bella Nova. There is a calmness which is there that made our decision much easier.

We explained to the people that we wanted to introduce our mother slowly to the home so she would not feel like we were just leaving her there. They invited us to a party they were having and called to see if they could help us in any way during our mother's transition. They were so helpful.

When we finally decided that it was the time to move our mother to Bella Nova she was aware of where she was going and actually glad to be there. She has accepted her new home with such grace. She seems happy and has been looked so much more relaxed.

I cannot say enough about the facility or the care givers. They are so nice and we are so pleased. Bella Nova has been the answer to a very difficult time in my family's life. I thank them and A Place For Mom in helping us in make this very hard decision much easier.

Our Whole Family Is Pleased

They're really great. Our entire family is very satisfied with them. They do sittercises and they bring in a physical therapist to get people moving. My mom would not use a walker and now she can sort of get around. It's been really great. Since she's been there she's improved a lot both physically and cognitively. They are just super friendly - really great staff.

Adriana is really great!

Most importantly Bella Nova was nearby, so that was a good factor but more importantly it was very very clean and we really liked Adriana, the owner, she was super super nice and we got a really good vibe from her. It got off to a really rocky start because my mother in law had a lot of anxiety and she gave them a run for their money. I was on edge thinking they wouldn't be able to handle her but Adraina said as long as we were willing to work with her and the doctor was too they would be able to get through it. I think most of her residents are pretty docile and calm so had there been other people that were a little more high maintenence it may not have worked. Overall, the food is good and Adriana has really bent over backwards to accomodate her.

We are a six bedroom, two bath, facility located in a quiet neighborhood surrounded by schools and parks. We have a spacious backyard with enough room for lounging and exercise or leisure gardening. Our open living room provides an outdoor view of our patio and has comfortable individual seating on which our residents can read or watch movies on a plasma t.v. There is also an Xbox Kinect with which are residents are provided interactive exercise and games (if so desired) in the comfort of their home. We have a beautiful dining area with hard wood floors and a large window that lets in natural sunlight on those beautiful sunny California days.

The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and ready to move in, but residents are encouraged to make it their own with their own touch of home. The restrooms are easily accessible for any type of mobile aid and assistance is provided if needed.