Beechwood Living Center - Taylor, MI

Not for active people

The food is usually made here with a menu posted weekly. It is more like eating at home. They do keep the community very clean and tidy. I have not seen a lot of activities offered, however I have seen coloring books. Most of the staff are nice. This is a smaller community. I would recommend this community for residents with memory issues.

A good fit!

The Beechwood Living Center has been a very good fit for my friend. It is a smaller place and they don't have a lot of the activities that they have in the bigger places, but it is in their price range. It is very clean and everyone is very friendly.

Not right yet!

The tour went great here. The staff was knowledgeable and we were able to get around the property. There were residents in the dining area eating there lunch. I just didn't think this was a good fit for mom though.

The Manager Sandra [Removed] Is A Very Great Person She Goes Above And Beyond To Be Sure The Residents Are In A Safe Environment...The Staff Are Very Friendly...I Can Honestly Say They Take Great Care Of Their Residents...I Would Truly Recommend This Home For Any Elderly Person They Are Great

Outstanding Experience at Beechwood Living Center

The Manager of Beechwood Living Center, Sandra Brown, made this experience as good as it could possibly be. She gave me my Dad's laugh back one more time, and was persistent in calling me (6 times while I was away from my desk) because she intuitively knew I NEEDED to hear him happy again. Beechwood was very clean, I never walked in to any kind of commotion, it was peaceful and pleasant. I quickly felt comfortable "walking in to someone else's home", as this did feel like a home. The home cooked smells were wonderful, too. Every person I met at Beechwood was loving and caring; many seemed to be students in the local nursing schools. Denise has been there for 16 years, she was always calm and handled all the residents with kindness.

We expected to have Dad there much longer than we did, but I met people whose family members had been there 4.5 years, one lady has been there for 15 years. I believe that speaks for itself.

The night Dad passed, they couldn't have been kinder to me and my family with loving support for some of us they literally met that night for the first time, and for me who had only known them for about 12 days. I can't thank Sandra and her team enough for the compassion they demonstrated that night.

Had I known there was a place like Beechwood, I would have pushed my brothers, Dad's caregivers at his home for 2.5 years, to move him sooner. My Dad was a very social person, even with the dementia, I now think he might have been happier for other social interaction than our major point of "keeping him in HIS home".

Beechwood isn't new and shiny furniture, but it is very clean and the staff are outstanding. I highly recommend Beechwood Living Center.

High recommendations for Beechwood Living Center

I can't tell you how blessed I feel that Sandra worked with me through this difficult transition to decide to put my Dad at Beechwood and the genuine love and care she had for us all the way through his passing early Wednesday morning. My Dad had a difficult transition, which I expected, but Wednesday morning, less than 48 hours after he arrived, Sandra had a breakthrough with him; she called me multiple times trying to reach me at work so I could hear my Dad laugh and "cutting up" with her after less than 2 days at Beechwood. I told Sandra that was a true gift she gave me to allow me hear my Dad laugh again...I can't tell you the last time I heard his beautiful laugh. Sandra's persistence to contact me was a true gift that I will cherish.

I praise all the staff at Beechwood and thank them for all that they did to make this experience good not only for my Dad but for me and my brothers. This was a very positive experience at a time when it felt like we, as a family, were failing our Dad by deciding we couldn't care for him any longer after 2.5 years of 24/7 oversight trying to keep him in his own home. My Dad was a very social person; it occurred to me after he arrived at Beechwood, that we kept him at home for 2.5 years because we wanted to keep him in his own surroundings, but he missed the social interaction of others. He had so much contact from others in the short time he was at Beechwood, I now think we should have done this a long time ago.

Residential Care. All workers are CN...

Residential Care. All workers are CNAs State Licensed Specialize in Memory issues 12 max Described as not fancy but clean

Beechwood Living Center is a small caring assisted living facility located in Taylor Michigan, just southwest of Detroit. Our facility has accommodation for 12. It is small enough to have a home feeling, yet has enough residents to enable socialization at home. The rooms are clean, spacious, and well furnished. Residents are encouraged to bring personal belongings so it feels like home. We gladly offer care for residents having Alzheimer's disease as well a whole range of other physical and mental disabilities. Our fun loving staff is always available to assist with daily activities. We offer a multiple services, from catering to basic needs, to high-acute services for people needing more specialized care such as diabetics or those requiring oxygen support. We offer various activities to keep your loved ones active, happy and engaged. Our meal plans include a wide variety of homemade, nutritious, and balanced meals. We also have the capability of making individualized tailored meal plans for those with dietary restrictions. We are excited to offer an environment where your loved one will feel like home. With our secure and loving environment, you can rest assured that your loved one will be exceptionally well taken care of.